22 LR Average Group from your gun

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fired about 60 shots and not one misfire..

A light clean and filing the firing pin down as made things better 😊

Thanks for all your help 💋.

Tried a new batch of eley match and it looked too shoot better than the current lot..!!

Can't show the shots as it's too much too explain 👍

I’ve only had misfires with eley subs . The 40 grain ones were 38 g actual and the newer box ones are 36 g . Weight s measured on pulled bullets on an AanD fx 120 . Using up old stock then sticking with rws or Winchester subs no misfire s with these . Cheers all 

A couple of misfires today out of about 50 🙄.

New uprated spring should be here very soon..

They looked the same as the ones that did shoot.

Both fired the 2nd time spinning them 180 degrees.

Hardly a breath of wind here but I couldn't shoot the eley match small today 20230102_152240.thumb.jpg.a81cbe7d56e6f95b956eefc43a1e8c80.jpg

7 hours ago, No i deer said:

I watched a couple of YouTube videos today one being the vudoo verses the 457 MTR and they wasn't too good at 150yds..

I've been pondering a custom .22 build (probably on a Rim-X), but tbh the more I watch/read online, the more I think it'd be a waste of cash; I like nice things, but until ammo catches up with other .22 developments like posh actions and fast twist barrels, its a real hard sell ;s

1 hour ago, GT3_richy said:

I've been pondering a custom .22 build (probably on a Rim-X), but tbh the more I watch/read online, the more I think it'd be a waste of cash; I like nice things, but until ammo catches up with other .22 developments like posh actions and fast twist barrels, its a real hard sell ;s

Those are my feelings as well.

My 22lr is my favourite calibre hands down.

I've had my CZ452 about 20 years and it's probaly not worth £200..

Too spend around £2800/£3000 on another rimfire that probaly only just shoots inside my gun isn't worth the money..!!

I wanna give the CZ457 LRP a chance but only because its so much cheaper than the vudoo or rimex.

My experience is this:

I spent about 5 years fettling my Ruger Precision Rimfire into something which will usually shoot touching groups at 50 yards, if I size and sort my ammo it will shoot one hole groups (for the most part) 

My vudoo came out of the box and put pretty much every round in the same hole at 50y (with Eley and two lots of SK)  and created some 1/2 MOA groups  at 100y, no effort required other than pulling the trigger. 

The weight, build quality and smoothness of the action is something to behold, I always liked my RPRR and CZs but now they feel like toys.

You could use any R700 chassis that you want on the Vudoo and select from any R700 triggers as well. 

I purchased the Vudoo as I had planned to shoot some of the 22 PRL matches this year as well as the main PRL matches and also join the long range rimfire club, but unfortunately plans have changed and I won't be able to travel (hence the sale) so for me its a lot of money to have in the safe for 100y plinking, at the same time if it doesn't sell at the price I want then I have no issue keeping it for the future, its just incredible. 

If you have the cash and just want something that works, then I can highly recommend the vudoo, their customer service is also second to none.

If you're happy with 85% then get the Cz457 / Begara B14 / TicTac BUT if you do have the cash to splash and you don't,  you will always have that nagging feeling 🤣

Just my 2cents!  

These groups are not really me trying very hard either if I am honest! The 10 shots were pretty "rapid fire"

B8C5E9C2-2FAA-43B1-81EB-E10CB8777539.thumb.jpeg.43b4241ef3dc664d63c3fafe74ab3a33.jpeg

92CEAF20-BF43-4C67-9C10-DE90E8BDA13C.jpeg

08C484E1-C630-40D7-9D0D-B7CD64C07EEC.jpeg

1 hour ago, Adamdavi3s said:

My experience is this:

I spent about 5 years fettling my Ruger Precision Rimfire into something which will usually shoot touching groups at 50 yards, if I size and sort my ammo it will shoot one hole groups (for the most part) 

My vudoo came out of the box and put pretty much every round in the same hole at 50y (with Eley and two lots of SK)  and created some 1/2 MOA groups  at 100y, no effort required other than pulling the trigger. 

The weight, build quality and smoothness of the action is something to behold, I always liked my RPRR and CZs but now they feel like toys.

You could use any R700 chassis that you want on the Vudoo and select from any R700 triggers as well. 

I purchased the Vudoo as I had planned to shoot some of the 22 PRL matches this year as well as the main PRL matches and also join the long range rimfire club, but unfortunately plans have changed and I won't be able to travel (hence the sale) so for me its a lot of money to have in the safe for 100y plinking, at the same time if it doesn't sell at the price I want then I have no issue keeping it for the future, its just incredible. 

If you have the cash and just want something that works, then I can highly recommend the vudoo, their customer service is also second to none.

If you're happy with 85% then get the Cz457 / Begara B14 / TicTac BUT if you do have the cash to splash and you don't,  you will always have that nagging feeling 🤣

Just my 2cents!  

These groups are not really me trying very hard either if I am honest! The 10 shots were pretty "rapid fire"

B8C5E9C2-2FAA-43B1-81EB-E10CB8777539.thumb.jpeg.43b4241ef3dc664d63c3fafe74ab3a33.jpeg

92CEAF20-BF43-4C67-9C10-DE90E8BDA13C.jpeg

08C484E1-C630-40D7-9D0D-B7CD64C07EEC.jpeg

Some fantastic 50 yd groups there, I’d be well chuffed with those as well. Groupings like that are competition winners.

Now something controversial, barrel tuners reduce vertical spread, have you considered one here. May or may not work.

9 minutes ago, Twodogs said:

Some fantastic 50 yd groups there, I’d be well chuffed with those as well. Groupings like that are competition winners.

Now something controversial, barrel tuners reduce vertical spread, have you considered one here. May or may not work.

Thank you, the vudoo really is an outstanding piece of kit with so little effort needed!

I tried a tuner on my RPRR and managed to detune it pretty well and move my cold bore shot "around the clock"  but didn't manage to improve its grouping consistently, BUT I also haven't managed to spend any real time with it yet on a still day (or indoors). I haven't tried it on the Vudoo but potentially that top example could have been a one-hole with a tuner on (At 100!)

From what I have seen online, in person and from my own experience, I am an absolute believer in tuners for rimfire as long as the ammo is half decent to start with 

New too me s tac  scope..

Even though it was too windy I wanted too zero it and have a go with 20 mag..

I'd say I'll group smaller..

Had some smallish groups but no one holers..

Hopefully I'll get too shoot it in calm conditions very soon..

A few of the better ones.

this one had the barrel deresonater on and the very first group I shot after getting on the target. Good start 20230107_134058.thumb.jpg.4090761677e3615abfe05870b15a50ca.jpg

Honestly I don't think my CZ452 is capable of 1 inch 5 shot groups at 200yds or me steering it off a bipod and a bean bag too support the butt..

I had a play late this afternoon and had the same tail wind..

The new s tac made for a more precise aim with that little dot..

I'd get several close together and one shot steps out the group..

Probaly driver error..

Not ideal conditions so I won't beat myself or my gun up..

A couple of my best efforts..

I'll show it as 3 photos too separate the groups..

The best group was shot by aiming near the right edge of the plate and higher so groups didn't merge

46 minutes ago, No i deer said:

Honestly I don't think my CZ452 is capable of 1 inch 5 shot groups at 200yds

I doubt many .22s are, repeatably anyway. Imagine a lot of centrefire shooters would be happy with 1/2 MOA at 200!

What size are those groups, 1.5-2" ish?

The white paint target about 2.5 inches.. 

The horizontal group 2 inches or less.

I didn't feel rock steady at all..

Really followed through every shot but couldn't seem too do better..

The horizontal group was the last one..

I'd ran out of clear targets so went back up the top.

Need dead calm conditions for better results