22 LR Average Group from your gun

There's some cracking 51m groups there 👏 👏.

I know from my own experience finding the right lot of ammo is so crucial..

My CZ452 wasn't ment too be a tac driver but with the right ammo it can be..

It looks like the custom barrel is the way forward for ultimate accuracy.

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, No i deer said:

There's some cracking 51m groups there 👏 👏.

I know from my own experience finding the right lot of ammo is so crucial..

My CZ452 wasn't ment too be a tac driver but with the right ammo it can be..

It looks like the custom barrel is the way forward for ultimate accuracy.

457 lrp at 50 yards 0.38 inches  CCI MINI MAG  , Standard gun in one of our chassis

20230212_141357.jpg

Edited by Dellboy
added wording

• 2 weeks later...

Eley match the same..

I sent dauntsey guns an email with a photo attachment of the lot number I'm looking for but they've not bothered too get back too me..

Yes or no would of been suffice..

I would buy a couple of thousand if they had some..

• 2 weeks later...

Out yesterday again.. 

Thought I'd have a plink..

This lot of eley match that's been shooting poorly decided it was going too shoot better..

I've probaly shot 50 x 5 shot groups with it since I bought it too use it up so I've had a big sample too go by...

It didn't shoot as good as the good lot I've had..

Ignore the low shots in the top target..

Top and bottom groups were the what was a terrible lot of ammo for my CZ452. 

I'm wondering ifthe temperatures being higher have made a difference 🤔20230402_190712.thumb.jpg.275be282aabc244c12ab8b7aab6eace7.jpg

• 1 month later...

Out with the 22lr again.. 

Comparing the current lot with a new lot and things are much the same..

There was 1 box of the really good stuff left in the shop I picked up Saturday.. 

Bottom middle group..

Must be in the 0.1's..

Superb 😎20230528_193201.thumb.jpg.f1978c85315ca337e8a4cb3bd7d92000.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Not been out for ages with the Vudoo. 
Have switched back to SK LRM for availability but this means a retune. 

Didn’t go well today, too tired to be doing it and a breeze got up a bit. I need to go back to rifleman’s indoor really and take some proper time out to do it as even the little 3mph gusts mean 0.5” at 100. 

these are “assorted tuner setting” 10 round groups at 100y the two top left were no tuner.

IMG_5037.thumb.jpeg.d848753b2b6ec7b7dde62ca0f3fd79ea.jpeg

The final group is the top group top right which doesn’t have much vertical displacement (0.3”) 

Ballistic-X-Export-2023-06-18125023.024626.thumb.png.9c190989a4ec107cfea945216d0e3d12.png

These are some 5round groups at 50y to re-zero. 
IMG_5036.thumb.jpeg.68a8c8e71c5ea582002e36ca1d09fe86.jpeg

Well that’s a given but we don’t really have the luxury of choice thanks to the lack of availability at the moment especially when I’m shooting 500-1000 a month with a 1200 holding 🙄

I was shooting rifle match which was great but the RFD hasn’t been able to get any for 8 months. 

I’d love to take the Vudoo to Germany and come back with 10,000 lot tested centreX 🤣 (Eley might be a possibility but they’re shorter than SK / Lapua and it doesn’t like em) 

I’d love to be able to shoot R50 which it loves but it’s supersonic and all my local ranges only allow for moderated subs 

So I’m stuck with tinkering with the tuner to see what I can do with SK LRM. Hopefully when I get chance to do it properly I’ll get a tune and then simply be able to fine tune it between lots 

2 hours ago, Adamdavi3s said:

Well that’s a given but we don’t really have the luxury of choice thanks to the lack of availability at the moment especially when I’m shooting 500-1000 a month with a 1200 holding 🙄

I was shooting rifle match which was great but the RFD hasn’t been able to get any for 8 months. 

I’d love to take the Vudoo to Germany and come back with 10,000 lot tested centreX 🤣 (Eley might be a possibility but they’re shorter than SK / Lapua and it doesn’t like em) 

I’d love to be able to shoot R50 which it loves but it’s supersonic and all my local ranges only allow for moderated subs 

So I’m stuck with tinkering with the tuner to see what I can do with SK LRM. Hopefully when I get chance to do it properly I’ll get a tune and then simply be able to fine tune it between lots 

Can you get your RFD to purchase 20,000 for you at a time? I do this, pay in advance and it ensures continuity of supply of consistent ammo, whilst minimising mess about time. Usually a little turn on the tuner and away you go.

2 hours ago, Adamdavi3s said:

Have you modified the Vudoo's magazine to make it more Eley friendly?  Vudoo have some videos on Youtube showing how to do it.

4 hours ago, Adamdavi3s said:

I think you'll find R50 is not supersonic unless in quite cold conditions of around 0c - Published data states 1082fps (330m). Chrony figures through my Annie M54 showed around 1070 fps. Transonic speed at 68f (depending other odds and ends) is 1,125fps.

2 hours ago, 1066 said:

I think you'll find R50 is not supersonic unless in quite cold conditions of around 0c - Published data states 1082fps (330m). Chrony figures through my Annie M54 showed around 1070 fps. Transonic speed at 68f (depending other odds and ends) is 1,125fps.

This was in rifleman’s at about 12c and was coming out of the Vudoo super 😞 maybe it was r100 but I’m sure it was 50… might be worth a try again then. 

long range match is good until it cools

Had a play with the tuner again today, a bit more structured and it definitely makes a difference. Think I am getting close and the LRM was insanely consistent, far more so than I have seen before, but again it’s very borderline speed wise 

the stickers show the “final” groups after I’d tinkered with the tuner 

7E8D22F3-0693-4AF9-B43E-D1C5D5308FE6.jpeg

IMG_5051.jpeg

IMG_5050.jpeg

Looking back at the threads it was R50 so maybe one to try once I’ve burned through this batch of LRM. Looking forward to taking the rifle back to zero one with a tune on it though, took me around 8shots to break the clay at 280y last time, go for a first round hit this time 🤣🤣🤣

my main take away is as much as I love the data, it’s such a nice rifle to shoot in the ESS chassis, puts such a smile on my face each time I take it out and that’s the main thing 

7 hours ago, kwakkerjack said:

Have you modified the Vudoo's magazine to make it more Eley friendly?  Vudoo have some videos on Youtube showing how to do it.

Thank you I’ll check this out! 
me and eley aren’t really on talking terms since they retired EDGE for the utter ****** Team but it’s good to have options 👍

6 minutes ago, No i deer said:

Eley Tenex ,Eley Match or Centre x are good choices..

R50 wasn't good in my CZ452..

Your voodoo will be more consistent with the match chamber and custom barrel..

My factory barrel is very picky

Yeah they’re designed to run centre x and Midas which is why the SK also runs well in them, sticking with it for now while it’s hot at least and will do the what ammo dance again in the autumn 🤣

@Charlts that’s the end game, however when previously enquiring about SK lots “no chance” due to the lack of availability at the moment 

1 hour ago, Adamdavi3s said:

Yeah they’re designed to run centre x and Midas which is why the SK also runs well in them, sticking with it for now while it’s hot at least and will do the what ammo dance again in the autumn 🤣

@Charlts that’s the end game, however when previously enquiring about SK lots “no chance” due to the lack of availability at the moment 

Until you're  in the queue and on the list it won't happen. Your RFD putting the order in is the first step. I'm on my 4th time doing it over the past few years and it's been a godsend not worrying about lot to lot variations.

Figured I’d share these 50m groups from a zero check last week before travelling to a match. Slight left to right wind but the elevation was good and that was my main concern.

At some point before my Deuce arrives, I need to do a 5x5 with this rifle.

IMG_9076.jpeg