22 LR Average Group from your gun

112m strelok dope correction after 50m zero (don’t have a chrono)

4x3 shot groups, 0.1 mrad adjustment between groups for elevation.  wind was constant but decreased in between groups, the 50m zero was determined in the morning to find a node on the tuner and this was in the afternoon when the wind had calmed down a little.

posting this as the chances of it happening again are slim 

087427FA-7FCB-4D78-BAC5-B0ACA2F16298.jpeg

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Final bit of data confirmation yesterday before heading to the 22 precision rifle world champs. 10 shots at 200m, looking at vertical dispersion and it proves that the data from the Kestrel is good. Shame about the one that went wide right making it up to just over 3.5”.

Either way I’m interested enough to see what the rimmies will do on paper later in the year.

IMG_1747.jpeg

I’ve recently got a BSA Martini International MkIII with a view to setting it up for long range. I managed to take it out on Sunday with a few different boxes of ammo. The RWS R100 was the best, both of these are 10rd groups at 100yds:

IMG_7470.thumb.jpeg.e165c2f8007e6e78520b241caa9168fb.jpeg

IMG_7471.thumb.jpeg.e71967ce733d7c69900af919906e860e.jpeg

For a first outing where I didn’t clean the barrel before shooting, I can’t complain with that!

Tidy enough..

Makes you wonder how accurate Josh's rifles are on the pursuit of accuracy when he shoots the KYL target at 100yds and he's cleaned it being the smallest target is 1/4 of an inch..

I think I've seen him clean it at 150yds off his bench set up.

He's hitting small target out to about 200yds.

Quite impressive..!!

I've had one group of an inch at 200yds..

The times after I tried were double the size and worse 🙃 

Screenshot_20220319-092609_Chrome.thumb.jpg.be9407826a8acf9a227a98104e6e4449.jpg3 shot group.

Pursuit of accuracy is really good..

I've watched most of his stuff and fully recommended watching it.

Top photo was the 1 inch group..

Bottom was another 200yds 5 shot group on my hardox target.

Used a 9 mag leupold rimfire moa scope

11 hours ago, No i deer said:

I use eley match and I stumbled on a lot that absolutely hammered in my 22lr.

Unfortunately there all gone now..

Recently shot a couple of tidy 5 shot groups at 50yds. All the good lot are gone now 😪 

Great shooting, especially with a 9x scope!

What was the batch number? I’m planning to visit my RFD on Sunday and I’m pretty sure he had a fair bit of Eley Match last time I was in. 

12 hours ago, Adamdavi3s said:

Taking this as an average group from the Vudoo 

50y 

SK LRM 

18c 

Tuner removed at the moment. 

Was a quick group after zeroing the Althlon ETR on here (getting rid of the Stryker 5-50) as fancy some PRL type shooting with it 

IMG_5785.thumb.jpeg.d9f6cc7560dab4d40b845b4f63b81652.jpeg

Nice Adam, is that a 5 or 10 shot group?

13 hours ago, Adamdavi3s said:

That’s just a quick 5, 5th one just disappeared into the middle without touching the sides, previous experience dictates the next 5 probably would have as well as long as I did my part

We're always the weakest link! Are you coming to any of the upcoming 22 matches? There's a few more at Pro Shoot and I believe a couple more due at Zero One.

I'm keen to see what kind of 200m consistency I can get on paper with mine over winter as a side project.

9 hours ago, Charlts said:

We're always the weakest link! Are you coming to any of the upcoming 22 matches? There's a few more at Pro Shoot and I believe a couple more due at Zero One.

I'm keen to see what kind of 200m consistency I can get on paper with mine over winter as a side project.

Probably not this year, all a bit too mad with family stuff!! Hope to make a couple of our club shoots at Dartmouth though. 

yeah I broke my own “less than ten is a lie” rule with that group, but was a very quick pre work shoot! 

My thought with the Vudoo is I didn’t want all the tuning hassle so I’m going to see how it goes with SK LRM at longer ranges and maybe some R50 and just enjoy shooting it, I mean regardless it’s such a brilliant thing to handle compared to the old RPRR. 

Need to convince Mark to let me put some paper out at longer ranges, I know it groups “butt of squat rabbit” pretty well and “dances around the 300y clay” 🤣🤣🤣

I helped Dad zero his NV earlier this evening, as I’d cleaned the chamber and swapped chassis on my 22 after the worlds. I wanted to get some rounds down it before this weekend’s match.

The group is 10 shots at 100y, shot as quickly as I could run the bolt. The first shot went left and after watching that one in, I held 0.2 right. It usually takes 20-30 shots to settle in after a chamber cleaning and I expected to have to adjust the tuner following the chassis swap, but it looks like conditions were pretty good!

IMG_2280.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Charlts said:

Looking good dude, was that indoors or outdoors?

Thanks! I think I originally let the Vudoo Facebook groups get to me “1/2 INCH OR DEATH”  actually to make the whole point of the thread

an inch at 100 without trying too hard and £7 ammo is more than adequate

Outdoors down at Budleigh, lovely weather just a slight breeze 👍

1 hour ago, Adamdavi3s said:

Thanks! I think I originally let the Vudoo Facebook groups get to me “1/2 INCH OR DEATH”  actually to make the whole point of the thread

an inch at 100 without trying too hard and £7 ammo is more than adequate

Outdoors down at Budleigh, lovely weather just a slight breeze 👍

Loved visiting Budleigh, it’s a great range. Nice one dude, conditions were great yesterday.

SK Match and LRM has been a great performer in our rifles over the past few years. I’d love to try some Midas or Tenex, however the performance I get consistently makes me reluctant to change anything.

The only person you need to be better than is your own last performance, keep tracking it and enjoy the process. :)

• 2 months later...

New Brock and Norris barrel on the Cz457 (highly recommend his work) with a timney trigger.

50m 20 rounds to season the barrel then two groups. The first was looking better than the second until I got excited and pulled the last two. 
10 round groups, can’t take the credit as the barrel is spot on. someone else had a go with it and shot a 5 round group that was In between the two groups for size

shot several more  10 round groups and they all matched the top group or better 

2AA43484-135D-4608-A1B1-310958FAAFCF.jpeg

5F322B32-4D4F-4300-8B76-2B033DEF0E0F.jpeg