SCOPE SURVEY: We need your help!

Catch-22

Hello all,

I’m leading a small research piece to understand the experiences people have with Scope Tracking and need your help!

Here’s a short, simple survey (using Google Forms) which should take less than 5mins to complete. 

https://forms.gle/PE1mSyqgKsuRcUva9

You won’t be asked for any personal information (no name, phone, address, email etc) and your data won’t be tracked by us at all.

I’d appreciate as much feedback as possible please as it’ll help inform the next phase of research and product design.

With thanks!

19 minutes ago, Catch-22 said:

Hello all,

I’m leading a small research piece to understand the experiences people have with Scope Tracking and need your help!

Here’s a short, simple survey (using Google Forms) which should take less than 5mins to complete. 

https://forms.gle/PE1mSyqgKsuRcUva9

You won’t be asked for any personal information (no name, phone, address, email etc) and your data won’t be tracked by us at all.

I’d appreciate as much feedback as possible please as it’ll help inform the next phase of research and product design.

With thanks!

I'd be happy to help once you've explained what the data is for and what you hope to achieve.  Is this a commercial endeavour or educational research?

To reiterate, the answers collated will help inform the research and product design phases of a new idea/product/service specifically in this area of interest.

This is for my benefit, as a one person start up, not on behalf of a huge commercial entity.

Thanks.

45 minutes ago, Catch-22 said:

To reiterate, the answers collated will help inform the research and product design phases of a new idea/product/service specifically in this area of interest.

This is for my benefit, as a one person start up, not on behalf of a huge commercial entity.

Thanks.

done

Just a thought -  as the turret mechanism of a scope is a precision mechanical device I wonder whether there's a marked change to accuracy between a test at, say -5C. and 35C. ?

I'm pretty sure a black scope on a sunny day is going to get plenty warm.

23 minutes ago, terryh said:

Completed survey.

Perhaps each scope should come with a calibration chart from the factory against and ISO standard - would not be be too much to ask IMHO?

T

that would be great!  Especially the uber-expensive makes.  We can dream

PbG,

Indeed, would not think it would take much to add to the final products QC, also having a standard, any standard, would remove the meaningless values currently give. e.g. % light transmission - % of what 🤔

Done., but sounds more like your designing a collimating than scope.....if so:

If you are thinking about making a ‘device’ then base line would be it needs to be as good or better than a commercial collimator- I have a USO one and use the Spuhr wedge on their mounts You can check tracking (not under recoil) and scope cant indoors without needing a range. I believe engineers wedges are also offered by the Shooting Shed.

Meopta test scopes with collimators ( seen it at the factory). 

Limiting factors include temperature change affecting tolerances particularly in Sfp scopes, engineering tolerance use of materials.

If you are designing a scope........LOW ( Light Optical Works) Japan is the industry manufacturer for the the vast majority of non European branded scopes......Nightforce scopes started out there.....fairly simple - the better the materials used the more expensive the scope - the customer sets the specifications.

A HUGE thank you to everyone who’ve taken the time and helped out with this survey.

You’ve really helped to progress not only the thinking of market opportunities but evolution of the initial concept.

Thank you all. 🥇

I’m going to keep the survey open for a while longer, so if you’ve not yet given it a go, can you do so please - I’d be most grateful!

With thanks 👍😎