Spring 2014 Roundhouse Rifle Challenge

Tiff

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just seen forcast, now wishing I had a synthetic stock :lol:

Yep, I'm busy laminating targets at the moment - Definitely pack the waterproofs everyone...

On the upside, the food is sounding fantastic.

Just got home from seeing the boys at Roundhouse.

Tiff and Paul seem to have done a great job setting things up.

In fact when I left Paul still doing the finishing touches!

Looks like it's going to be a good shoot this weekend.

Had to get back to reload!

They were just about to get the venison on!

The effort put into the CoF was outstanding, the detailed planning was clear to see and barricade props very well made. Tiff and PCal had obviously worked vey hard to make the shoot both interesting, varied and challenging. The weather, however, increased the challenge by an order of magnitude with spiralling gust and horizontal heavy rain. Whilst I was happy with most of my elevation adjustments the wind was all over the place, on some targets I was blown left and others that appeared just to be further away I was blown right, anything other than prone suffered more from body buffeting in the wind and the rain in the afternoon made seeing through a sodden scope almost impossible.

I am definitely up for the next one. No matter how bad I feel I shot I came away having learnt something that will help the next time and picked up a few tips and pointers from watching the other shooters that took part.

Despite having to leave early due to 'technical difficulties ' I had a great time. A very steep learning curve made steeper by the weather .A great bunch of people to shoot with and full credit to Tiff and Paul for all the hard work that they had obviously put in , hopefully I'll be able to make the next one !

Great day, very challenging with the wind and rain.

Tiff & Paul did a top job, and kept everybody's spirits up during the bad weather.

Learned a bit from some like minded people.

Going back tomorrow for more punishment, hopefully it will be "the spin dry" cycle and not still on "wash"!!

Did get home mostly dry though, thank god for my "onesie"

Mark

Awesome days shooting :)

Thanks to Tiff and Paul and everyone else who was involved in making it happen!

Very wet indeed, but call in ambiance and it did it's job to make sure the challenge was challenging to say the least...

Just to echo the previous comments - despite the truly hideous weather, a really good days shooting and, as usual, a terrific amount of work put in by Tiff and Paul. My abiding thoughts are with Tiff's parents who were standing look-outs - truly a miserable job in those conditions.

Well done for getting everyone through as much of a packed course of fire as they wanted to do - and props and targets were excellent (although I think my set of targets were smaller than everyone else's!!). I particularly liked the lovely solid barricades with awkward height shooting positions.

Once again I learned that I have a lot to learn!! My positional shooting with a heavy rifle is spectacularly appalling!!

Many thanks, all -

Thanks everyone for a great time. Roll on the next one.

Tisme

PS sako 75 really dose care what he drinks.

And you had the produce to test the theory, didn't you?

*shudder*

:)

Well...where do I start.

Got home from the RRC at about 10.30 last night totally knackered after a fantastic days shooting with a even more fantastic bunch of blokes!!..Tiff and Paul laid on a brilliant COF!..well done lads,all your hard work was outstandingly thought out ;)..as for Tiffs parents a massive thank you!..

Ok the day itself went from bad to worse(the weather that is!)..and my shooting :lol: heavy gusting winds and horizontal rain put me out of my comfort zone from the first shot!.Had my elevation pretty much spot on BUT my windage was pants! :D..double,triple value...I hate the wind :lol:..How I managed to hit anything over 350 was a complete fluke.Thanks to my partner Matt for carrying me most of the day!.top lad.

Did I learn anything?..yep that my positional shooting is rubbish,and I would rather drink meths then Tismes homemade witches piss! :P

Carnt wait for the next one.

Glenn

Hope the boys have better weather today.

Tiff, Paul (and Tiff's suffering parents!)

Very good all round, challenging COF, well thought out admin. (e.g. numbered breach flags, double whammy, safety and shooter numbering :) ).

The weather was a bit cruel, but came away thinking what can I do to account for this, what do I need to practise (everything?)

Thank you for your efforts, as other have said, looking fwd to the next one

Terry

Archived