Spring 2014 Roundhouse Rifle Challenge

Tiff

What is the max range we are shooting out to on the day? And what shale our rifles be zeroed for? Cheers Aaron

The course of fire is still be finalised, but certainly nothing beyond 700 yards (probably 640), with the vast majority of other targets from 40 to 500 yards. Zero distance is entirely your call - 100m/y works for most. There will naturally be a fair bit of positional shooting, as well as some movement and knowing your drops (or having them easily to hand on printed laminated cards etc.) will really help - especially on the paper stages!

Apart from one (maybe two) target recognition stages, all targets will be at known distances. Equally a full section of targets will be displayed during the morning briefing, so everyone is clear on what they are shooting at.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Entry for Friday/Saturday Closed - Still some spaces for Sunday remaining.

Shooter 79 - Confirmed
Exeter Lad -Confirmed
John MH - Confirmed
Oaken - Confirmed.
Brown Dog - Confirmed
TerryH - Confirmed
Tisme - Confirmed
Sako 75 .243 - Confirmed.
Walkabout - Confirmed
MattD (not on forum) - Confirmed
MJR - Confirmed
Bushdog - Confirmed
Mike - Confirmed
Offroad Gary - Confirmed
Mildot - Confirmed
Gandy - Confirmed
6.5 Grendel - Confirmed
jcampbellsmith - Confirmed.
Az1 - Confirmed
Swamp Donkey - Confirmed,
Bangbangman - Confirmed
Mash67 - Confirmed
c18rch - Confirmed.
dRb - Confirmed
Bradders - Confirmed

Many thanks,

Tiff

• 2 weeks later...

Are 5 rnd mags OK or do I need something with 10rnds?

Thanks.

You could do it with a 5 rd mag (even possible single loading with practice), but a 10rd mag will make your life easier on a couple of timed and positional stages.

You could do it with a 5 rd mag (even possible single loading with practice), but a 10rd mag will make your life easier on a couple of timed and positional stages.

Says the man who just sold me a rifle that only uses 5 or 3 round mags !!! I guess I'd best order some extras then :/ lol

Dog toffee, not happening for me bar being sacked or the ship sinking both of which I'm not going to pray for I'm sadly now out :-(

Peeved but that's life, have to wait till he next one or practice day Tiff in the summer.

TIFF please let a reserve have my place and put the deposit to the British legion please.

Hopefully see you guys at another shoot in the summer

Cheers Will

Well hopefully see you at the next one fella, though I'm trying to move to,zummerset for may so not too far to come and have a butchers.

TIff is the summer totally booked out no chance of a private practice day sometime in late my early June?

• 2 weeks later...

TIff is the summer totally booked out no chance of a private practice day sometime in late May early June?

Hey Will, sorry about the delay in replying, I've been at the roundhouse repairing the target areas after all this rain...cheaper, harder but definatley more scenic than the gym! Also sorry to hear you can't make it and to be honest your entry deposit has already gone out on the shoot lease / expenses for the year, but will happily offer you a free place at the next one. I'll try and organise a pratice day in June, but the place is currently fairly booked with none shoooting related groups staying up there (DofE etc.).

A more general announcement is that PCal unfortunately now has service commitments and can no longer help run/rco this shoot.... Therefore entry for Saturday is now closed, but there are still a few places remaining for Sundays practice shoot.

Saturdays COF and shoot infrastructure is evolving well and I'm please to announce the new multi-positional barricades are now nearly complete and more steels are being made this week. The weather has caused a few issues (namely the river overtopping its banks repeatedly for the past three months, making movement almost impossible), but it has dropped significantly in the last week to allow work to start again. Hopefully if the dry weather mostly continues, there should be several new short/mid range target areas in operation for this shoot, providing plenty of challenging stages to keep everyone on their toes...

Tiff

No problem Tiff I look forward to getting down to he next one ship willing.

A more general announcement is that PCal unfortunately now has service commitments and can no longer help run/rco this shoot....

Tiff

Fantastic news I'm glad things worked out in the end please pass on my regards.

Cheers Will

Thank you Will, however the date for the next phase of my training has been changed so, I can now help TIff to run the shoot on Saturday.

Therefore the original capacity of 32 people for the Saturday still stands therefore there are 8 places still available for the shoot on Saturday.

We are finalising the COF at the moment and will be emailed to confirmed entrants within the next 2 weeks. All I can say is that I wish I was shooting it!

Paul

Hi Tiff

I have dropped you an email but I have to withdraw I am afraid - drop me a note off line as I want to make sure you got my email

Gordon

Hi Gordon,

Sorry to hear you can't make it, pm replied to.

Any places left Tiff, i may know someone who wants in?

Yes, still a few available for both days :) The list at the top of this page is being constantly updated with details.

Hi guys

Im travelling down on the Friday morning & staying till sunday,if anyone wants to jump in with me no probs.

I live in Potters Bar,so if any of you guys from up north want to park at mine and travel down together that would be good!!...as its a boring 5 hr drive from mine ;) ...im not bad company :ph34r:

plenty of room in the pick up!

cheers

Glenn.

Tiff and I are currently finalised the COF. It will be published this weekend and will be emailed to all confirmed entrants.

Some recommendations:

Bring lightweight shooting aids that would be practical to use in the field.

i.e. Lightweight rear bags, shooting sticks, slings, light bipods such as Harris or Atlas. Do not bring big F-Class style front rests.

Keep weight down to a minimum.

You will have carry all the gear that you will need for shooting through out the day, covering up to 1.5 mile.

Have paper copies of your drop charts with only the most relevant information.

Ideally laminate a quick reference chart and attach to your rifle / scope. You won't have time to use ballistic apps on iPhones etc whilst on the firing point.

Bring at least 2 pens for noting down scores, a copy of the COF and bringing a notepad is advisable.

And finally don't forget to bring a good sense of humour ;)

Ooops - forgot to express interest in the Sunday practice session - also likely to be able to bring a couple extra shooters along.

Are there still places?

Not available for the Saturday . :(

Rgds

Ian

Archived