Spring 2014 Roundhouse Rifle Challenge

Tiff

155Amax_zps4d3e2f44.jpg

Just preparing some groups for the gathering at the end of the month. 10 thou of the lands seems to work well with 44.1 grains of Ramshot Tac. Group size just over half inch (0.580) at 100 yards. Black circle is 1.5cm.

Velocity?

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there any accommodation left for fri night? If yes, what's the latest I could arrive (not likely to be after 2230hrs.)

I'm undecided whether to bring .308 (5rnd mags only) or .243 (10rnd AICS mags).

I'm inclined to go with the .308 and live with mag changes.

And mod v muzzle brake is the other debate...

(I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure.)

Is there any accommodation left for fri night? If yes, what's the latest I could arrive (not likely to be after 2230hrs.)

I'm undecided whether to bring .308 (5rnd mags only) or .243 (10rnd AICS mags).

I'm inclined to go with the .308 and live with mag changes.

And mod v muzzle brake is the other debate...

(I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure.)

Yep, you're already booked in for accommodation on Friday night :)

Going by previous shoots, it shouldn't be a problem arriving by circa. 22.30.

As for rifles, have a look at the COF and decided from there - see below.

Moderators are always preferred (far more sociable), but muzzle brakes can be used...

Everyone - I'll send round the COF in the next 48 hours - please pm me your email address if I haven't already received it.

Hope that helps,

Tiff

OK!..im bringing my hacksaw.....don't go to sleep!.. :D:D :D

Needs re-crowning anyway.

444 it is then.

Tiff, can you make sure I'm next to (slightly behind) bangbangman ? And I'll load up with H335 too, for added flames ;)

I'll go the other side of him with the .450 :)

I'll go the other side of him with the .450 :)

I'll bring the .30-06 AI (Read as 300 win mag velocities) with the MB and the stoked up loads just incase all that doesn't do the trick. :P

Yeah! Let's make some noise! (And kill the shoot due to complaints...?)

I'll take the hint and bring the mod!

Yeah! Let's make some noise! (And kill the shoot due to complaints...?)

I'll take the hint and bring the mod!

Good man :)

It's nicer all round with mods, if all have mods there's no need for cans on the ears, easier to hear commands, and less to lug around. Ha, geddit ? Lug, around ;) lol

I had the same thought...

It was shooting very nicely at 600yds in Saturday's CSR.

Shame I reloaded all that .308 for the deer rifle!

Gandy, sense of humour, hangover cure (after a night on the snipers aid), arnica for the bruises, earplugs for the snoring. All essential equipment.

Pete

Some of the best advice you've ever given Pete! Plus don't forget the thick socks or slippers, since the granite floors in the bunkhouse are a tad chilly....

COF falls on the edge of the AR straight pull! Interesting.

T

Yep, the with the sudden demise (be it temporary) of the quarry it was decided to combine both close and mid range aspects in this shoot.

I forgot to add in the COF that only ONE rifle may be used all day and that one detail will start the day on Stage 1, while the other half start on Stage 9 - swapping over after lunch.

If the wind is kind all day the AR15 may well have the edge, but as it often does up there around mid afternoon the wind increases and splashes (not that anyone is thinking about missing...) are a lot harder to spot in the marshes with the .223 mouse guns.

For people that are thinking about attending, below are examples of some of the stages to tempt you:

Stage 4: Foxing – 70 yards – Standing – 2 rds – Fox Target – 1 min

With 2 rounds engage the 70 yard Fox target from the standing position.

Any shooting aids that can be practically carried on your rifle and person may be used.

3” kill zone = 1 pt per hit

Starting position is standing, loaded and made ready aimed at the target, with safety catches applied.

You will have 1 min from the first whistle.

Stage 15: Running Barricade - 160 yards & 240 yards - Standing & Sitting - 10 rds - 8” round steel - 4 min

With 5 rounds you are to engage your coloured 8” steel gong @ 160 yards from the standing position.

The unloaded rifle is then to be placed on the right side of barricade pointing towards targets with the bolt back (chamber empty) and you must then ‘run' back behind yellow tape to collect a further 5 loose rounds. Up returning, engage the 8” round steel gong @ 240 yards sitting, rested through the window.

Any shooting aids that can be practically carried on your rifle and person may be used.

1pt per hit

Starting position is standing, loaded and made ready aimed at the target, with safety catches applied.

You will have 4 min from the first whistle.

&

Stage 18: Out and Back - 200, 275, 350, 500, 650 yards - Prone - 10rds - 4”, 8” & Fig 14 steel - 4 min

With 10 rounds you are to engage your coloured steel gongs from the prone position.

1 pt per hit

Starting position is prone, loaded and made ready aimed at the 200 yard target, with safety catches applied.

You will have 4 mins from the first whistle.

Cheers,

Tiff

Hay Tiff

Can we use those throw away bbq things??...don't think I can live on microwave food for 3 days....I don't mind being chef! ;)

Hay Tiff

Can we use those throw away bbq things??...don't think I can live on microwave food for 3 days....I don't mind being chef! ;)

Sure can, I may even get the welding gear out and make a charcoal BBQ if time permits. Failing that there is also gas cooker in the kitchen...

Archived