What music are you listening to?

Stormrider

18 hours ago, Stormrider said:

What kind of music is everyone listening to? Share a cool song or two.

My favorite music doesn't sound much different than what I hear at a shooting range: metal and machine gun riffs. Currently blasting Haiduk - Diabolica.

Jeez thats enough to give a paracetamol a headache 

Thanks for sharing what you're listening to.

I understand many people can't process extreme metal since you never listen to it or got used to the type of arrangements, speed, distortion, etc, so the brain just kind of shuts it all out. But when you get it, it's the best type of music, imo. 

9 hours ago, Stormrider said:

Thanks for sharing what you're listening to.

I understand many people can't process extreme metal since you never listen to it or got used to the type of arrangements, speed, distortion, etc, so the brain just kind of shuts it all out. But when you get it, it's the best type of music, imo. 

NAH. Thats not Music

While I appreciate the musical skill in jazz, it does nothing for me.  I'll leave "extreme metal" thanks, not really music just sonic torture.

At the moment I'm listening to Peter Green's early Fleetwood Mac (pre Christine Perfect/McVie) and there's only one British blues band that comes close - John Mayall's Blues Breakers with Eric Clapton and occasionally Peter Green on lead ('The Super-Natural'; one of the greatest guitar tracks ever).

BB King, Duane Allman, Steve Ray-Vaughn, early Santana - I guess I'm a sucker for electric blues.  Oh, and of course the greatest of all time - Jimi

Dave Brubeck and Bix Beiderbecke. Extreme noise terror to lawnmower death. Anthrax time ticking in my head 

L7 Nirvana etc then onto Saxon and Apocalyptica. Jan Cyrka, satriani and yngvie malmsteen . The cult and sisters of mercy then Chill out with Smetana Vltava classic stuff . A bit of everything 

HOWZAT

Beethoven and metal I find inspiring. One day my double-taps maybe as good as this 16 year old girl’s tapping but I seriously doubt it. Good motivation for dry fire practice though…….even with the realisation my neuro pathways are well and truly past it.

11 minutes ago, ds1 said:

Beethoven and metal I find inspiring. One day my double-taps maybe as good as this 16 year old girl’s tapping but I seriously doubt it. 

absolutely incredible skill but I wouldn't want to ever listen to that again.  No heart or soul just technical brilliance.

• 3 weeks later...

I was born in 89 so was brought up on acdc Metallica elo queen beetles etc by my mother then pop and club r n b and rave by my sister in the mid 90's and modern pop, rock and country by radio 2 at work. I like pretty much anything apart from heavy rap. I like someones music more if I've heard them sing live and they can actually sing without autotune, frya ridings, lady gaga, pink, Sam rider, etc.