22 LR Average Group from your gun

10 shots 80m off bonnet. Geko semi auto. I put the flyer down to being the first shot out from changing from winchester subs back to the geko. It wasnt very keen on the subs. Josh Martin did a review of the bergara.22lr with different ammo, the geko wasn’t the best but at £3 per 50 its good for practice and pest control. Josh’s review is on Facebook and youtube.

E52BFA49-3949-416A-A1E6-BA4B745168C0.jpeg

441BC4B4-1566-4E39-977C-F9448B035388.jpeg

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, palo said:

I tried one box of the new ones . Groups were 1.5 to 2 inches at 50 yards 

Same here but I bought 500 so I had to blast alot off to get rid of them. I gave some away for a mate to try as he was running out of the old eleys.

Not heard back yet how it went..

Maybe he hasn't tried them yet..

2 hours ago, lapua said:

10 shots 80m off bonnet. Geko semi auto. I put the flyer down to being the first shot out from changing from winchester subs back to the geko. It wasnt very keen on the subs. Josh Martin did a review of the bergara.22lr with different ammo, the geko wasn’t the best but at £3 per 50 its good for practice and pest control. Josh’s review is on Facebook and youtube.

E52BFA49-3949-416A-A1E6-BA4B745168C0.jpeg

441BC4B4-1566-4E39-977C-F9448B035388.jpeg

That's pretty decent from 80m and from a semi 👍

Had dabble with my .22lr AR today 

the gun is a double star lower with a god awful trigger that breaks at something ridiculous, scope is a 1-6 x28;vortex strike eagle the upper is a tactical solutions and the rounds used were 

Winchester hollow point subs

RWS match 

Eley match 

distance was 64 yard 

wind  was fairly light and stable 

I took out a couple of sub 12 fx impacts but the pellets were being pushed all over the place best I could manage was about 2.5 “ with the .22 and 2” with the .20 really becoming a fan of the .20 .

49928406-26CD-488C-AA30-36A4CA5034BA.thumb.jpeg.192313cca4de5067e22ee8806a9f6d0b.jpeg

Eley match grouping well there 

Keep em coming - nice to see real world accuracy 

Question should the “flier” not be considered part of the otherwise great group 

You see a heap of posts on other sites stating look at the superb group , with flier or “pulled /shot” not included ,,,,

2 hours ago, Ronin said:

Keep em coming - nice to see real world accuracy 

Question should the “flier” not be considered part of the otherwise great group 

You see a heap of posts on other sites stating look at the superb group , with flier or “pulled /shot” not included ,,,,

😀😀 The "flyer" is absolutely part of the group. I think a lot of these 1/4moa groups you regularly hear about are three shot affairs with the cold barrel shot and the flyer discounted.

1 hour ago, Aggy said:

Everything shot should  be part of the group good or bad ,

Absolutely - 22lr seems to be unique as a calibre in which people seem to think ignoring any parts of a group that they don't like is 'OK'  - that's why there seems to be so much overstatement of accuracy in this calibre

2 minutes ago, 1066 said:

😀😀 The "flyer" is absolutely part of the group. I think a lot of these 1/4moa groups you regularly hear about are three shot affairs with the cold barrel shot and the flyer discounted.

100% the view I've come to hold

25 minutes ago, brown dog said:

100% the view I've come to hold

the logical conclusion is;  of the five shot's I fired only one wasn't a flyer - what a group!  All in the same hole !!

😂

Tried some tennex once. Very good but not worth double the cost of SK rifle match as it’s not double the performance! 

I’m in agreement. Fliers count, be it the person or wind! Also when it comes to .22LR I think 10 shot groups give you a lot of information. 

F065C253-52A9-4943-BC46-3AF7E406420F.jpeg

F2E46697-5C0F-44E1-B1A5-1AC531254A5C.jpeg

9F7E2A83-F9E8-4FA6-AC01-6C65FD8B82A2.jpeg

2 hours ago, Ronin said:

Interesting to note how much better the Match quality ammunition is, I also think that at the longer ranges the difference is even more apparent. A fairly consistent .22 rifle/ammo combination that regularly shoots 1moa at 50 yards won't necessarily shoot regular 1moa groups at 100yds. When the velocity of even good quality match ammunition is measured it doesn't come close to good handloaded centrefire ammunition for consistency and as a percentage of it's speed it's even more disappointing. ie. a centrefire with an MV of 3,000fps with single figure ES and a .22lr Match at 1060 fps with an ES 30fps

The better accuracy of the match quality ammunition show up in this short video where I compared 6 different types of ammunition - these were shot with a Russian CM2 single shot match rifle outside in breezy conditions at 65 yards. Of course a far from comprehensive test, as we've already said, a single group will tell us little, other than the ammunition can be eliminated from further trials and no cleaning/fouling shots between groups was carried out. (The caravan seen in the video is derelict and my base when I want a brew)

Re. tuners, they do make quite a bit of difference on the couple of rifles I've use them on. The groups became 'rounder' in nature - so might help with your fliers?

shooting 22rf' for accuracy/consistency is fun and not too expensive (caveat - ignoring Midas + etc. 😮)

Will have to go shoot some cards and post.

T

3rd tgt.

I like that cluster that keeps happening at 1 o'clock.

I'm putting the 2 outliers down to a wind and, because we all know wind just isnt fair on a .22, I'm ignoring them. 

A solid 0.2in performance on all 3 targets.

Easy-peasy

20200902_111105.thumb.jpg.e8b6e032c4ad75256be874119834565b.jpg

20200902_111110.thumb.jpg.0e47f5ef4d903be9dc2fc492306cf0fd.jpg

You could have adjusted your scope mid group too to call it good

i admire your honesty 

This 5 shot at 50 mt score was shot prone with a sling, (not rested)  the Rifle is a match Walther KK500, the ammo is RWS R50.  That combination is capable of holding the X ring all day, just as long as its pointed there!

Have Fun

Robin

Robin's KK500 004.JPG

img110.jpg