Fire Arms licence question

lee w 118

If say i have a 22-250 on my ticket , and i want to try 22-250 Ackley will i need a new 1 for1 on ackley or is 22 -250 classed the same on ticket,  cheers Lee. All it is i want to have a ackley in the calibre i have already got on my ticket 👍

2 minutes ago, lee w 118 said:

If say i have a 22-250 on my ticket , and i want to try 22-250 Ackley will i need a new 1 for1 on ackley or is 22 -250 classed the same on ticket,  cheers Lee. All it is i want to have a ackley in the calibre i have already got on my ticket 👍

I believe you will be ok.

I'd be gobsmacked if your FEO knew the difference !

A slightly different scenario to you. And It probably doesn’t make a difference (don’t know for sure as I didn’t quiz my FEO specifically) but when I drew up my latest US export license I made sure to state very clearly the number of .223AI barrels I was exporting. I also made sure my FAC also clearly stated .223AI to ensure both clarity and consistency. 

Border control I’m sure would have a field day if the designations don’t match up. I preferred to err on the side of caution.

Good luck with yours

7 hours ago, lee w 118 said:

If I was you mate I'd call your firearms department to clarify, I bet some departments will want it stated Ackley on your licence .

8 hours ago, lee w 118 said:

Does your ticket say  .22-250 Remington at present? Regards JCS

I have a . 243 that I had Ackley improved  Back in 1999 no variation needed . Another mate at the time had his done ( also a member on here ) he’s in a different county, also no variation needed. 
just ask the gunsmith that’s doing it . 

come to think of it  I know about half a dozen at least and still no variation needed. 

I can't see an issue here.  It sounds a bit like making a rod for your own back.

I'll defer to Baldie, he must have come across this or similar numerous times

Rebarreling it should have 22-250 Ackley imp stamped on the barrell ,which I would have thought should be the same printed  on your licence, but no dought different departments will probably have a different veiw on it😯.

I don't believe I have ever seen Ackley Improved written on a ticket.

I always sign them onto the ticket as such, but the variation is usually for the parent case. you wouldn't be able to buy ammunition otherwise.

The law requests bore size, not cartridge.

Either new barrel of re chambered, it must be proofed, and will say ackley improved non standard on it. There is no CIP spec for any of the ackleys.

2 hours ago, baldie said:

The law requests bore size, not cartridge.

But surely we can't just apply for a "6.5 cal" and decide which one to get when the ticket arrives?

Pete

40 minutes ago, Re-Pete said:

But surely we can't just apply for a "6.5 cal" and decide which one to get when the ticket arrives?

Pete

I asked for ".17 centerfire" variation as hadn't made mind up as to a rebarrell in rem or fireball and was told no it had to be stated which one.

Your sort of missing the point. My ackley is still a .243 win. 
I still have to put standard ,243 win rounds through it. And the result is a 40deg shoulder. But I’m not putting a different cal in it. 
 When I buy factory ammo I still have to buy .243 win and that’s what goes down on the ticket. 
im failing to see what’s so difficult here ?

2 hours ago, One on top of two said:

Your sort of missing the point. My ackley is still a .243 win. 
I still have to put standard ,243 win rounds through it. And the result is a 40deg shoulder. But I’m not putting a different cal in it. 
 When I buy factory ammo I still have to buy .243 win and that’s what goes down on the ticket. 
im failing to see what’s so difficult here ?

👍

Down to your local FLD/FLO, recently had a ‘6mm’ rifle added by Wilts as I was still looking at either 6-6.5x47 or 6mm Dasher.

Had previously, Devon and Cornwall, converted a 22 hornet to 22K, was told by them ‘basically ‘ ‘don’t worry’ in writing.

T

All forces should grant the bore size only eg 6mm etc. They dont. 

Some do however, mine being an example.

You usually get bore size back when you apply for something, not on the computer.

My 6mmAR was granted, and is listed as a 6mm.