Online shopping moan 🤔

One on top of two

Just a bit of a Sunday afternoon moan , surly I can’t be the only one !

well most of the weekend has seen rain here so I’ve just been nosing online when I’ve had nowt else to be getting on with , 

and then I got me thinking . Over the past 3 weeks I have bought various bits and bobs ( all shooting / Reloading related ) from 4 different well know online shops/ outlets and ALL but one have all got my goods on Back order!  

It’s  fare to say I think , that online shopping is the  most popular and convenient way too shop and it will be the biggest if not already with the impending death of the high street shops as there really is no way ( in most cases ) they can compete.

so why ....... are these online shops NOT made to put a current Stock level next to item you wish to purchase ? After all there are lots that do make the effort ! 

Why are we not given a choice on whether we want to pay upfront for an item and wait 2-3-4-5 weeks for it to turn up OR go somewhere else ? 

I currently have 8 items on “ back order “ totalling £647.50  which I have PAID FOR and I have no idea when these things are going to turn up , if I could see a stock level at checkout  and it showed 0 in stock I would have given it a swerve . 

Best of it is some shops don’t tell you until the order has been processed which could be 2 days later or 3 if you order on a Friday night you have no way of knowing till Monday morning ...... NOT ON at all ! 

IMO it should be made a legal requirement that current stock levels are displayed , if the item is not in stock SAY SO ! 

Its like writing a cheque knowing you haven’t got the money in the bank yet . 

Note to online retailers ...... some of you really are a bunch of James hunts ! 

I've had this time and again, so I'll now only buy stuff after ringing to ask if they have it in front of them...............which also means that I avoid those rainy day "impulse buys"😀

I have to say it's never happened when buying bullets and cases from www.ballisticservice24.eu.......

Pete

1 minute ago, Re-Pete said:

....when buying bullets and cases from www.ballisticservice24.eu.......

until 1st November (Boris to be believed) as they don't sell outside of the EU

Here's to remaining 😉😁🇪🇺

16 minutes ago, Re-Pete said:

I've had this time and again, so I'll now only buy stuff after ringing to ask if they have it in front of them...............which also means that I avoid those rainy day "impulse buys"😀

I have to say it's never happened when buying bullets and cases from www.ballisticservice24.eu.......

Pete

Yes maybe I need to start rethinking my online retailers 

The margins in online sales are so tight , sometimes as little as 3% so I can understand why online shops prefer to draw off  importers /distributors/manufacturers as and when required rather than carry stock , its a situation that has been caused by the consumers who dont use their local shops and sure enough they are the ones moaning .

I do agree online shops should not be taking your money if they dont have it , they should explain this before debiting your card.

2 minutes ago, Moorlander said:

The margins in online sales are so tight , sometimes as little as 3% so I can understand why online shops prefer to draw off  importers /distributors/manufacturers as and when required rather than carry stock , its a situation that has been caused by the consumers who dont use their local shops and sure enough they are the ones moaning .

I do agree online shops should not be taking your money if they dont have it , they should explain this before debiting your card.

It’s a simple case of displaying a stock level as the customer its our right too have a choice ! Whatever the individual does after they have been made aware of the goods status is down to them .

We the consumer can’t walk into a shop and take goods without paying for them there and then , unless we enter into a legally binding contract ( finance agreement) with the retailer . 

So why are they allowed to take your money on what is no more than an “ open ended “ supply agreement that may or may not ever come good .

still got the hump 😂 haha 

dont,repeat dont buy on line from the shower who have three shops ,exeter,dorchester and one in wales,in thirty years friends and i have NEVER recieved goods that were bought on line .always yes its in stock /i am looking at it etc etc bull sh.. never waste your time or money on that shower 

4 minutes ago, banus02 said:

dont,repeat dont buy on line from the shower who have three shops ,exeter,dorchester and one in wales,in thirty years friends and i have NEVER recieved goods that were bought on line .always yes its in stock /i am looking at it etc etc bull sh.. never waste your time or money on that shower 

I know who you mean sir and I 100% agree , they are a disgrace to the good online retailers out there ,  And I know I’m having a little Sunday whine and a moan , but as a rule 99% of them are fantastic . Just a shame there’s a few ##@#@# out there . 

56 minutes ago, Popsbengo said:

until 1st November (Boris to be believed) as they don't sell outside of the EU

Here's to remaining 😉😁🇪🇺

www.ballisticservice24.eu has now stopped shipping bullet and brass to the uk.  You can order tools and dies ok. I asked this week and got the bad news.

23 minutes ago, Gungrinner said:

www.ballisticservice24.eu has now stopped shipping bullet and brass to the uk.  You can order tools and dies ok. I asked this week and got the bad news.

bugger

I ordered a pair of harkila trousers for the hill.  Website said in stock got an email with a three week minimum lead time.  Email exchange ensued and they openly admitted they never held stock on expensive items and then said, why should they?  holding stock is no good. O.o 

Some vendors have a policy to take your order and money then.... place an order direct with the manf or importer and they never see the goods!

This on-line stuff is great.  All I need to do now is clear the garage of junk, get a cracking website made and bob is your dads brother.

7 hours ago, One on top of two said:

Just a bit of a Sunday afternoon moan , surly I can’t be the only one !

well most of the weekend has seen rain here so I’ve just been nosing online when I’ve had nowt else to be getting on with , 

and then I got me thinking . Over the past 3 weeks I have bought various bits and bobs ( all shooting / Reloading related ) from 4 different well know online shops/ outlets and ALL but one have all got my goods on Back order!  

It’s  fare to say I think , that online shopping is the  most popular and convenient way too shop and it will be the biggest if not already with the impending death of the high street shops as there really is no way ( in most cases ) they can compete.

so why ....... are these online shops NOT made to put a current Stock level next to item you wish to purchase ? After all there are lots that do make the effort ! 

Why are we not given a choice on whether we want to pay upfront for an item and wait 2-3-4-5 weeks for it to turn up OR go somewhere else ? 

I currently have 8 items on “ back order “ totalling £647.50  which I have PAID FOR and I have no idea when these things are going to turn up , if I could see a stock level at checkout  and it showed 0 in stock I would have given it a swerve . 

Best of it is some shops don’t tell you until the order has been processed which could be 2 days later or 3 if you order on a Friday night you have no way of knowing till Monday morning ...... NOT ON at all ! 

IMO it should be made a legal requirement that current stock levels are displayed , if the item is not in stock SAY SO ! 

Its like writing a cheque knowing you haven’t got the money in the bank yet . 

Note to online retailers ...... some of you really are a bunch of James hunts ! 

What boiled my p#@s more than anything recently , was placing an order and paying for some reloading gear and bullets, to be told 10 days after not receiving any of it "the bullets are on back order and we don't send any of the order until it's all in".   💩bags 😤😤😤

Why can't we name names?  If it's a true reflection on the service, or lack of it, then let's share the good and the "not so good" and stop skirting the issue.

"Trustpilot" for shooters !

On 9/29/2019 at 10:47 PM, Bob57 said:

What boiled my p#@s more than anything recently , was placing an order and paying for some reloading gear and bullets, to be told 10 days after not receiving any of it "the bullets are on back order and we don't send any of the order until it's all in".   💩bags 😤😤😤

Yes, that (or similar)  retailer is no longer on my list of suppliers, despite offering free delivery....

Took me 6 weeks to get 500 55gr Nosler. After 3 weeks I was told they were having trouble getting hold of them. I then emailed the company on 4 occasions,to ask for a refund, as I’d been forced to buy them elsewhere and no longer wanted them. My emails went unanswered and the bullets arrived 6 weeks after placing the order. I’d also ordered a bullet puller collet which I also needed in a hurry. 

22 minutes ago, Moorlander said:

Seems like the answer is to use the old method , phone em up, list in hand , or maybe email to check availability. 

Yes I agree . However it’s like one step forward ( online shopping) and two steps back ( having to phone them ) 

which then lends itself to ask the question..... have we really moved on ! 

On 9/29/2019 at 4:07 PM, Moorlander said:

its a situation that has been caused by the consumers who dont use their local shops and sure enough they are the ones moaning .

nope. if you are online you are at a minimum a national business. it is caused by crap businesses offering to sell stuff they just don't have and cant get.  its called a scam. crap businessmen not customers.

If you can't see stock before you buy then don't.  If they don't complete the contract get the card company to cancel. Easy. 

Its no surprise to me online shooting supplies stores dont have everything in stock , naive to think they would have, think what it would cost carry dozens of each product  across say 50 -60 manufacturers , £500k? £1m ? through in optics and guns and it would be several million , margins are low in any area of online sales so its not an attractive business model for many, its been mentioned "the biggest gun dealers " in the country have never got everything people order yet they probably carry more stock than anyone , that should tell you something.

What makes it less viable is when penny pinching types buy from outside the UK , they also do the most whining .

1 minute ago, Moorlander said:

Its no surprise to me online shooting supplies stores dont have everything in stock , naive to think they would have, think what it would cost carry dozens of each product  across say 50 -60 manufacturers , £500k? £1m ? through in optics and guns and it would be several million , margins are low in any area of online sales so its not an attractive business model for many, its been mentioned "the biggest gun dealers " in the country have never got everything people order yet they probably carry more stock than anyone , that should tell you something.

What makes it less viable is when penny pinching types buy from outside the UK , they also do the most whining .

Absolutely agree, so why not make it clear on websites about back orders and delivery times, rather than implying it's in stock when it isn't.

Personally I think it has a lot to do with the actual stock taking and CMS/CRM systems a lot of online retailers have. Many simply aren’t utilising the latest stock management systems that are able to display real-time stock levels to customers.

Whilst frustrating for us the end consumer, I don’t believe many of the retailers are being purposefully underhanded, I think they’re either naive or haven’t the cash to splash on updating their antiquated systems.

Most/all of the online retailers I purchase from do either clearly state 0 stock  (but can back order) on the product page, or do so within the checkout basket, and reiterate this in the order confirmation email. 

I think we’ve also got to bare in mind the retailers are beholden to the importers. The importers can only bring as much as they can into the UK, often relying on export licenses from the US and other nations as well as EU quotas. Shipments arrive in bulk 2-4 times per year. Demand is high, supply is low...and expensive. This translates to stock which should be on shelves but simply hasn’t arrived yet.