• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course you can come. Anyone with a valid FAC is welcome. Its a guest day, and all you pay are the range fees. Most of the shooters there wont be members.

I guarantee you will enjoy it.

great thanks for reply , didn't see your reply yesterday ! Are you going ?

whats the ranges ? 300 and 500? 5 shot grouping at every range ? atb...tim.

Usually three, five shot groups, which are marked after each course of fire.

All at 500 yds.

A great day..

OOOOPS - Sorrry :lol:

I wondered about that myself but given the time pressures the markers are under I'm happy. It doesn't affect the score and there are 15 shots on the paper :-)

What a b**ger. I can't make this shoot due to other commitments to non-shooting wife. Can I assume that this comp is always on the same week-end each year? If so, I'll book it on the calendar for next time well in advance and chance the crazy August M-Way traffic. I can't think why I didn't see it on the Diggle calendar.

Walked into the Diggle Range House this morning - noticed two strange faces - "OK guys?" "Yup" "Here for the comp?" "Yup"

So, half an hour later and I'm ROing the 600 yd F Class comp. "This is the Fly Shoot isn't it?" "Er no - that's tomorrow!"

Anyway, the guys shot 600 yd F CLass, their rifles are now in Diggle's gunsafe and they are enjoying a pint in the Diggle Hotel - looking forward to tomorrow. No names of course.................

It was a bit windy today but the rain held off so fingers crossed for Sunday!

On the way home now, that bloody fly must have moved between shots !! But, a good day, sorry, weekend.

I must thank Vince, foxy, and the rest of the crew and regulars for making a potential f up weekend into a very enjoyable one, made to feel most welcome, nothing was 'too much' trouble at all.

And, now knowing about the bunkhouse, I feel a few more trips to diggle from Wiltshire coming on.

Many thanks all

Pete

Archived