• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Folks

Here is the link to the Fly shoot results

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fl8dqyw8e0ligep/Diggle%20Fly%20Shoot%202013.pdf

I have even worked out a scoring spreadsheet for next year to get the scores done quicker on the day and save on headache tablets for those doing the scoring :-)

All the best

Bruce

Guys,

I'm usually snapping away with my camera but such was the pace, I didn't get a single pic at the Fly shoot. I'd like to do a write-up for September's Target Shooter - if anyone has any pics, could you e-mail them to me at vinceb@targetshooteronline.com

Thanks

vince -LES holgate has some pictures that would look good in the magazine-nowt to do with shooting though!

heard a good story from him on sunday - playing air guitar whilst bollock naked and enjoying the female form -hes a flyer.

Well thats a surprise. Didn,t stay for the results, but appears I came second ? If I did Vince, please put my winnings in the H4H tin that the practical lads have, and thank you for a great day. ;)

vince -LES holgate has some pictures that would look good in the magazine-nowt to do with shooting though!

heard a good story from him on sunday - playing air guitar whilst bollock naked and enjoying the female form -hes a flyer.

Gary, I am a little miffed that you have got me (Les Prior a.k.a Les Senior) mixed up with the other Les Holgate (a.k.a Les Junior - the shandy drinking p*nce from Cumbria)!!!!

By the way, I was doing the air guitar whilst being straddled but had all my clothes on! Just thought I had better put the record straight.

Would not want any vicious rumours being spread ha ha!

Very interested to know what the prizes where and what for. Is there one for smallest agg group ?

Dorg - we gave money down to fifth place in Custom - £25, 20, 15, 10 & 10 and in Factory £20, 15, 10 ,5. Small groups £20 and yes, I will give £20 small agg awards but only just worked 'em out. Plus we handed out about 15 Fly patches.

Well thats a surprise. Didn,t stay for the results, but appears I came second ? If I did Vince, please put my winnings in the H4H tin that the practical lads have, and thank you for a great day. ;)

Thanks Dave, a nice thought.

Walked into the Diggle Range House this morning - noticed two strange faces

Didn't think we looked that strange........

Thankyou to all for your help and hospitality and er.. two great shoots.

You gotta love that Diggle wind!!! No flags for the fly. A really well run comp that must have involved a lot of hard graft behind the scenes.

Vince, where do we find the results for Saturdays Fclass comp?

cheers

Rup

Gary, I am a little miffed that you have got me (Les Prior a.k.a Les Senior) mixed up with the other Les Holgate (a.k.a Les Junior - the shandy drinking p*nce from Cumbria)!!!!

By the way, I was doing the air guitar whilst being straddled but had all my clothes on! Just thought I had better put the record straight.

Would not want any vicious rumours being spread ha ha!

Sorry LES! ITS MY AGE !i will give you a big kiss as an apology next time i see you!

Didn't think we looked that strange........

Thankyou to all for your help and hospitality and er.. two great shoots.

You gotta love that Diggle wind!!! No flags for the fly. A really well run comp that must have involved a lot of hard graft behind the scenes.

Vince, where do we find the results for Saturdays Fclass comp?

cheers

Rup

The results should eventually appear on the Diggle website www.diggleranges.com - it's not my comp. so I can't be sure when they will go up.

• 1 month later...

Hi from Australia.

It is good to see the 500 FLY being shot internationally.

If anyone is interested in information on the Australian FLY shoots please see the below website, feel free to sign up at our site, (we do have some forum rules, please sign up using your real name and use a picture of yourself)

500mflyshooter.com.au

We welcome input and comments. If you have any questions or would just like a chin wag please don't hesitate to logon.

Take a look at a target attached shot by Paul Read at the Wagga Wagga 500 Fly a couple of weeks ago.

The 5 shot group measures 0.952 shot in heavy gun class.

Peter Merriman

Canberra FLY Shooter.

post-12387-0-81092100-1378859966_thumb.jpg

Hi from Australia.

If anyone is interested in information on the Australian FLY shoots please see the below website, feel free to sign up at our site, (we do have some forum rules, please sign up using your real name and use a picture of yourself)

500mflyshooter.com.au

We welcome input and comments. If you have any questions or would just like a chin wag please don't hesitate to logon.

Take a look at a target attached shot by Paul Read at the Wagga Wagga 500 Fly a couple of weeks ago.

Peter Merriman

Canberra FLY Shooter.

Hi Peter,

Paul Read must be really disappointed every shot missed the fly, if he works at it I'm sure he will get there one day :D

Hi from Australia.

500mflyshooter.com.au

Peter Merriman

Canberra FLY Shooter.

Hi Peter,

We are grateful to Stuart Elliott for giving us Brits a sample Fly target about 10 years ago when we shot benchrest together in Italy.

Our best group is 1.152 inches, shot by forum member Dave Wylde (Baldie) using a Surgeon based 338 but shot off a bi-pod - and he hit the fly!

Cheers

Vince

Archived