2021 Accuracy International

Scotch_egg

I’ve got the ar15 grip mod  from Alan on my AXMC, so I like that part ( some mates prefer the original AI grip however). I’m somewhat befuddled by the 45 degree key-slots-why? Bottom rail Arca Swiss?

Just personal opinion-it looks like another chassis rifle - Cadex , MDT etc. I guess CAD and optimal  production solutions are very similar these day.  It looks the same AT / AX bolt and receiver which is a good thing and uses same AI mags of course.

Not at all sure about this - gives the suggestion of more Hawaiian shirt wearing buffoonery

Very similar to every other chassis system but not much to evolve from systems that are proven and work I guess

Shame it’s limited to short action use 

The 45 degree keyslot was so the internal weights in the foreend, could be fastened via screw holes along each side.

The availability of magnum bolts and a 223 conversion kit (still in the design phase) are another few new additions. 

Existing AT's will be able to get upgrade kits if desired.

I’ve been watching this unfold over in the US too. Not heard anything UK wise, no release info from AI UK, sporting services or other dealers. 

I don’t know what I think of it. Some cool features.... if you shoot PRS I’m sure it’s good for that. (I don’t.... yet)

But as it’s replacing AX short action and AT, I’m not feeling like I need to chuck mine in for it. End of the day it’s all the same barrelled action, just a different chassis. I’m quite partial on the thumbhole AT/AW classic AI look. Shame it’s going for some perhaps?  

As mentioned previously, I’ve got arca rail and GTAC conversion so the main bits I’m already covered for. 

45deg keyslot was designed so the weight system could be used, in conjunction with the night vision bridge and underside arca/keyslot etc

I’m more excited with the .223 and magnum bolt faces for short action being released whenever that will come in.   

Marine and Mark..... 45 degree key slots. From the picture if whatever you attach comes loose it falls off - the release hole is at the bottom of the slot......... the grub screw next to each hole I guess is a lock to prevent this?

Wouldn’t it have been simpler to invert the key-slot program 180

Wpulf also make sense to offer this as a chassis so people don’t feel they “have “ to change rifles - just swap chassis Providing those customers can re fit the 5mm washers and Re bond into the chassis 

Will be offered as a stand alone chassis later on down the line for customers who want to unbolt their AT or AX and put it in this chassis. Interestingly enough, the retro fit along with this current release will not be bonded.... only bolted. This now the same as the AX mk.3 and 50 cal versions that are not bonded. 

1 hour ago, ds1 said:

Marine and Mark..... 45 degree key slots. From the picture if whatever you attach comes loose it falls off - the release hole is at the bottom of the slot......... the grub screw next to each hole I guess is a lock to prevent this?

I noticed that too, however I don’t believe the screw holes that you see are grub screws for the external weights, but either for the top rail / bridge to locate into or for the barrel channel weighed to be secured if fitted. I’m assuming the rationale is once its torqued up to spec, it’s not coming off.

I would wait to hear the Official news from AI which will come, on what this will be in the uk, and what it replaces, or doesn't.

America is a different country, the factory is in Portsmouth.

Looking forward to seeing this personally.

John, from the video and first comment a mate made here is that it’s only available in 6.5 Creed. In the equipment PRS race this is old news - 6mm something, particularly 6BRX being the latest fad. Also longer barrels are favoured.

Not the first time AI have made a dedicated competition gun though- they made a wooden stock version of the AW. I shot Bob Clark’s about 25 years ago at Milpool.

2 hours ago, ds1 said:

John, from the video and first comment a mate made here is that it’s only available in 6.5 Creed. In the equipment PRS race this is old news - 6mm something, particularly 6BRX being the latest fad. Also longer barrels are favoured.

Not the first time AI have made a dedicated competition gun though- they made a wooden stock version of the AW. I shot Bob Clark’s about 25 years ago at Milpool.

Will be good if you can get a AI factory LW barrel in 6.5 creedmoor here in the Uk now with the new heavier weight barrel profile. 

13 hours ago, John MH said:

If its for PRS shooters there is no market in the UK as despite there being various forums where lots of people say they are having a rifle built or buying a particular rifle for PRS the majority have never and will never shoot a PRS match.

When has that ever stopped anyone buying an AI or PRS rig? 

1 hour ago, Mat said:

When has that ever stopped anyone buying an AI or PRS rig? 

Never, but to post 'I bought or am having built A, B, C or D for W, X, Y, or Z' with no intension of ever doing or taking part in W, X, Y or Z is a very common trait.

Do you actually do and take part in all all of what you suggest in your profile?

If you do that's great, but many whilst 'interested' in their profile (not just here but also on Facebook etc) they don't actually follow it up in anything other than in their imagination.

To wish and imagine is great but then to profess 'knowledge', based on imagined experience or expertise should be taken with a pinch of salt.

On 1/22/2021 at 7:39 AM, John MH said:

If its for PRS shooters there is no market in the UK as despite there being various forums where lots of people say they are having a rifle built or buying a particular rifle for PRS the majority have never and will never shoot a PRS match.

I have to agree with this. I thought long and hard about what rifle I wanted for a spot of PRS but im only going to do the odd one IF I can  and soo didn’t want a dedicated/chassis type rifle , I’m never going to be competitive, my comp days are over . I just want to enjoy my shooting and stalking . But I still would like a rifle I can use and have a bit of fun on the odd PRS shoot . So it’s a good old fashioned Sako for me , back in November I ordered a new TRG 22 ( Green / phosphate) in 6.5 creedmoor,  ( 6month wait special order ) and new Kahles K525i and sphur mount  and. Jet z compact sitting on the shelf waiting to go on top when it turns up . 
idea being the rifle will be at home in the feild , on the hill in Arran or at a PRS comp with the possibility of being a bit competitive . 
that said I do think think the AI does look and sound the business, l just can’t seem to get on with the  AI ergonomics in general  . But Looking forward to hearing the thoughts of some real hands on users . 

1 hour ago, John MH said:

Never, but to post 'I bought or am having built A, B, C or D for W, X, Y, or Z' with no intension of ever doing or taking part in W, X, Y or Z is a very common trait.

Do you actually do and take part in all all of what you suggest in your profile?

If you do that's great, but many whilst 'interested' in their profile (not just here but also on Facebook etc) they don't actually follow it up in anything other than in their imagination.

To wish and imagine is great but then to profess 'knowledge', based on imagined experience or expertise should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Never let reality get in the way of a good story,  

10 hours ago, John MH said:

👏👏👍