22 LR Average Group from your gun

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

54 minutes ago, Farmer rick said:

Very nice. Can I ask who you used in the UK to get it?

The 6.5 creed was built by our very own Ronin on here 🙂

The Vudoo was imported by Ken from Shield sights who was very helpful

1 hour ago, Farmer rick said:

Here are some targets from the other day zeroing at 100yrds. I measured the best groups obviously! 😉 and I’m going to blame wind, and scope twiddling on the rest 🤣 need to try harder to get consistent!

0CC1D172-1AB0-43AC-8138-6A90786732E9.jpeg

550BDA06-3D65-4B40-8231-AD8B8E815B43.png

6EEADBBB-84FE-4F18-B877-AF285DA831D2.png

Absolutely superb, well shot sir. 

23 minutes ago, bowji john said:

It cost £2000.00 all in, including a 2 stage triggertech diamond trigger and one magazine 

long wait though - 8 months 

im doing similar with a borden alpine creedmoore and a bergara b14r with a triggertech, same MPA chassis though. hope to do a bit more ammo teting this week. not as gucchi as yours but similar accuracy. 

Nice !

The MPA chassis are pretty good I think

I got a chance to shoot a a bergara b14r and found it highly accurate - didn't like the standard trigger though

The triggertech is a great improvement and easily adjustable

I suppose I should experiment with a wider range of ammo - the vudoo has been created around the centre x

I'm pleased with the special match so far.

R100 seems to come alive over 150m but not so special below 100m

Not tried centre x yet

2 hours ago, Farmer rick said:

Here are some targets from the other day zeroing at 100yrds. I measured the best groups obviously! 😉 and I’m going to blame wind, and scope twiddling on the rest 🤣 need to try harder to get consistent!

0CC1D172-1AB0-43AC-8138-6A90786732E9.jpeg

550BDA06-3D65-4B40-8231-AD8B8E815B43.png

6EEADBBB-84FE-4F18-B877-AF285DA831D2.png

Are those 1" targets?

Super shooting - I'd be happy with your cast offs🙂

27 minutes ago, bowji john said:

Are those 1" targets?

Super shooting - I'd be happy with your cast offs🙂

Yes, 1" dots - It has done a lot better, think a barrel clean is needed. I'm also thinking of some weights for the chassis... try and minimise any movement and maybe play with the trigger a little, I find 22 an interesting calibre to master!

@No i deer I use Sub Moa app to keep track and do the measurements, it works pretty well - well as good as callipers anyway, its a good tool to keep a record in.

I have no doubt that the Voodoo rifles are very good and accurate. The question you have to ask is "are they more accurate than a stock 1710" or even "are they more accurate than a tricked out 1710", either of which costs less money. When you look at all the variables that go into setting up a .22LR to shoot well, the most significant of which is the shooter, this would be a time consuming and expensive trial to create.

14 hours ago, fourtyvoats said:

I have no doubt that the Voodoo rifles are very good and accurate. The question you have to ask is "are they more accurate than a stock 1710" or even "are they more accurate than a tricked out 1710", either of which costs less money. When you look at all the variables that go into setting up a .22LR to shoot well, the most significant of which is the shooter, this would be a time consuming and expensive trial to create.

These are good questions

Some of them addressed quite well I think in Michael Shea's book Rimfire Revolution

I've found that there are ''many routes to Damascus'' regarding accurate rim fire shooting - a journey I find as fascinating as it is frustrating 🙂