22 LR Average Group from your gun

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well finally got a bit of free time before we start harvest Monday or Tuesday weather permitting. And I managed to get hold of some SK match to try out . I didn’t want to change my zero so just used the same aim point .

was going to do 50/100 m but I done 60m as that’s the zero for my rimmy any . And just for a giggle 180m however that just turned into a guessing game as I was using a white target and with the sun shining on it I have half a clue where I was hitting as I couldn’t see impacts but it was good fun .and I have to say I really do rate the SK 👍

So suns out guns out .

A4BE17D9-4D86-4937-BC58-17C773787A8C.jpeg.136423b00c22eeb2d23023019122ca64.jpeg

B1BC8CCD-7FA3-4081-A5A0-93D6D92FC02C.jpeg

9449D624-97A1-4726-BCB8-0F04A8C20E42.jpeg

941B2354-DCB0-4C81-B9C1-ACD3C80EFFA4.jpeg

E21E0138-E8CA-4A2F-8B61-584C02C3F53F.jpegAnd some good old Tenex .

I'm finding great results out of the SK match (the purple flat nosed version) in my Annie MSR. Halved the group size that Eley match were shooting at 100.

I bought a brick of it to try and will stock up next time I get a chance. 

IMG_20210531_120942.jpg

I don't normally take pics of groups, but had this from about a month ago trying out the SK match at 100. Slight breeze left to right. Target circle is 15mm

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/31/2020 at 8:19 AM, Ronin said:

Thought it may be nice to see what users of 22LR achieved from their outfit at 50 and 100 yds 

Pic of groups at 50/100 and information on ;

Rifle, Scope, Ammunition , any modifications carried out

May be interesting to see what brand is dependable accuracy 

I bought  my wife a Sako finnfire P94S hunter stock.  This is her shooting,We shoot at - club.

targets are five shot groups at fifty yards. SKs standard 

AD113619-AD3F-4105-9F06-D587CA876090.jpeg

625FBD9D-4A22-45E8-A0B7-5F3A601CACAB.jpeg

ColinBR,

I’m also finding the purple box flat nose SK performs well, but was told in the NSRA shop SK are dropping this ammunition from production, some comment re easier to make the standard bullet ammunition ( which has also performed well)

Not sure on the validity of this statement at present, it’s only been in production for a while?

On 8/31/2021 at 6:57 AM, terryh said:

ColinBR,

I’m also finding the purple box flat nose SK performs well, but was told in the NSRA shop SK are dropping this ammunition from production, some comment re easier to make the standard bullet ammunition ( which has also performed well)

Not sure on the validity of this statement at present, it’s only been in production for a while?

I haven't tried they're standard bullet, so can't comment on its performance. 

Be a real shame if it does get dropped as my rifle really like it. 

• 2 weeks later...

I can't believe it's been over a year since I last posted on this thread.  It's been eye opening to say the least, some excellent shooting and great photos of some excellent groups. 

I was at the range for the first time in 14 months earlier this week and shot my 457 MTR at the 100 using SK Match mainly and then switching to RWS Special Match. 

I just took delivery of a S3 6-24x50 FFP as they were half price at OW so had to zero that first before getting to grips with the rifle again after such a long lay off. 

Not too bad a day weather wise, no flags up so just aim, point squirt. 

I managed these groups which I was quite happy with. 

All 5 shot groups (some include adjustment as I just zeroed at 50, bottom right target) and the last photo was the best group yet. 

I'm thinking of buying some more expensive ammo which would improve the groups, I just need to raid the piggy bank 😁

20210907_101541.jpg

20210907_101618.jpg

20210907_111331.jpg

20210907_120050.jpg

47 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Is that last group at 100? If so, brilliant shooting! Was that using the SK or RWS ammo?

Hi there, yes it was the 100, and I was using SK Match.  I thought I'd switch to the RWS as they are a little more consistent but I found that they were not much better so I swapped back to the SK.  I'm really impressed with the SK and allegedly they are made using Lapua machinery once Lapua think that the high tolerances that they demand start dropping off slightly, how true this is I'm not sure , either way for what it costs for a thousand I'm more than happy.

2 hours ago, Trigger73 said:

Hi there, yes it was the 100, and I was using SK Match.  I thought I'd switch to the RWS as they are a little more consistent but I found that they were not much better so I swapped back to the SK.  I'm really impressed with the SK and allegedly they are made using Lapua machinery once Lapua think that the high tolerances that they demand start dropping off slightly, how true this is I'm not sure , either way for what it costs for a thousand I'm more than happy.

Ah that’s excellent! I’ve not tried RWS SM but have had good results out to 50m with R50. Just need to get more range time!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I shot about 5 groups yesterday with the eley match..

not shot it for several months now.. the match still shot well but i didnt quite steer it as I can..

Had 1 on most groups just leak out the edge.. the rest of the group was pretty decent.. some were 8 shot groups instead of 5..

I forgot and deleted the few photos I took..

It was good to shoot the quiet gun again 😁

5 hours ago, No i deer said:

I shot about 5 groups yesterday with the eley match..

not shot it for several months now.. the match still shot well but i didnt quite steer it as I can..

Had 1 on most groups just leak out the edge.. the rest of the group was pretty decent.. some were 8 shot groups instead of 5..

I forgot and deleted the few photos I took..

It was good to shoot the quiet gun again 😁

How big are your groups?

I shot off a cushion under the butt that I carry also to sit on.. it's a bag filled with bubble wrap so it's light to carry.. almost always take it whether stalking or out with my 22..

Use it if I'm sat on the back of my pickup in wait.

I was hoping for better..

I'll take a rear bag the next time I try for some small groups with my CZ452

Good to be shooting my Annie again even though I ran out of elevation and was 3" high of my poa, so had to adjust for that. 

Still good results using RWS Special Match unsorted and straight from the box. 

5 shot groups on each target, centre target was trying to get zero and cold bore shots before I moved onto the 5 shot groups. 

Last photo of target was a cracker, just looking at sorting out the elevation before I can dial in properly. 

20211024_112221.jpg

20211024_114949.jpg

20211024_114953.jpg

20211024_115013.jpg

20211024_115008.jpg