22 LR Average Group from your gun

23 hours ago, Scotch_egg said:

Do you still measure “rim” thickness?

I tested my SK long range match and it was all within one thou so IMHO not worth the additional effort, the “seating depth” is worth persisting with IMHO.

So I tested 300 Eley Match and it had less variation than the SK LRM with only 5thou difference rather than the 8 observed with the SK.
However IMHO it did not shoot as well through the rifle once sorted as the SK did, more vertical deviation, but the seating depth was much less, averaging 0.015 vs the SK 0.025. I didn’t get the failures to fire like I did with the team.

80 Shots of match over the chrono gave an ES of 57, the 30 SK I tried gave me 34.

Interestingly using the PITA single shot sled for the RPRR was actually a PITA with match, to the point I was going to bin it as I assumed it was knackered. But then I decided to shoot the 30 SK and every round went in silky smooth.

Don’t get me wrong, match shot well (and it should for the price) but I’ll be sticking with SK on this rifle if the batches prove to be consistent. 

370518BE-2BBC-48C7-B1F9-0F62FD06F3E5.jpeg

F94D46C5-B986-4CE3-9E3D-1663AB617756.jpeg

194F5BA6-CDE7-4A0B-9D47-2039E30B2842.jpeg

B5C1C446-A3AC-449D-B73B-B738D3351130.jpeg

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

If it were mine, I think I'd frame that last one @Farmer rick

At 100 m that is exceptional in my opinion

In all the thousands of rounds sent down range @ 100m I've never been able to better 0.75" with my Cz

Which Cz are you using?

With what ammo?

5 hours ago, bowji john said:

If it were mine, I think I'd frame that last one @Farmer rick

At 100 m that is exceptional in my opinion

In all the thousands of rounds sent down range @ 100m I've never been able to better 0.75" with my Cz

Which Cz are you using?

With what ammo?

And what kind of weather!  That bottom group is pretty but is looks to be three and a half bullet widths wide. That would put it in the .7 region. Hard to tell from a photo.

Nice shooting, regardless. The winds here don't allow that kind of grouping too often.~Andrew

I'm really really looking forward to finally getting my Vudoo

Deposit paid in Feb - it is finally ready.

Now only has to be sent to UK, then through proof then then then ....... !!

But will be a long dist tool with a leupold mk5HD  5 - 25 x 56 on top and 20 MOA on the rail and 20 MOA on the mounts

Far cry from my dear old Cz 452 @ £200 all in !

34 minutes ago, bowji john said:

My leupold will perform two roles as it will also be shared with a custom 6.5 creed jobbie which will also share the chassis with the vudoo

Are you pleased with the mk5HD?

Yes it’s very nice glass and perfect for long range. It’s nice and light to for a 35 mm scope. Tracks perfectly and the zero stop is a pleasure. 

5 hours ago, bowji john said:

I'm really really looking forward to finally getting my Vudoo

Deposit paid in Feb - it is finally ready.

Now only has to be sent to UK, then through proof then then then ....... !!

But will be a long dist tool with a leupold mk5HD  5 - 25 x 56 on top and 20 MOA on the rail and 20 MOA on the mounts

Far cry from my dear old Cz 452 @ £200 all in !

You will not be disappointed and worth the wait 😎. I have had my Vudoo based rifle for just over a moth now, love the rifle. I wanted it for club NSRA BR and to shoot / try the longer ranges. I put an EraTac adjustable base which give 70moa in 10 moa steps - and it is pretty accurate in those steps i.e. the 40moa on the ERATEC should give 44.88", actual shift in POI was 44.75". so with the 20moa rail on the action plus 70 on the ERATEC I can easily get the 100+ moa needed for 500 yards (which is I hope as silly as it will get!)

The factory VuDoo chamber's tight but I had mine cut using the Nevius reamer design to work with Lapua/SK ammunition - which it does.

695282791_vudoo2.thumb.jpg.d026fe9cf235c9958412ed72b458ad35.jpg

32 minutes ago, terryh said:

You will not be disappointed and worth the wait 😎. I have had my Vudoo based rifle for just over a moth now, love the rifle. I wanted it for club NSRA BR and to shoot / try the longer ranges. I put an EraTac adjustable base which give 70moa in 10 moa steps - and it is pretty accurate in those steps i.e. the 40moa on the ERATEC should give 44.88", actual shift in POI was 44.75". so with the 20moa rail on the action plus 70 on the ERATEC I can easily get the 100+ moa needed for 500 yards (which is I hope as silly as it will get!)

The factory VuDoo chamber's tight but I had mine cut using the Nevius reamer design to work with Lapua/SK ammunition - which it does.

695282791_vudoo2.thumb.jpg.d026fe9cf235c9958412ed72b458ad35.jpg

Yes that really is very nice. And I would imagine a big heap of cheap fun too feeding wise. Will be looking forward too reading your reports at 500 yards. 
min the meantime are you post up some 50/100 yard groups be good to see how she stacks up 👍

2 hours ago, One on top of two said:

Yes that really is very nice. And I would imagine a big heap of cheap fun too feeding wise. Will be looking forward too reading your reports at 500 yards. 
min the meantime are you post up some 50/100 yard groups be good to see how she stacks up 👍

Indeed more opportunities to shoot in a slew of locations.

only target I have an image of is playing with ammo brands using the NSRA BR setup re rest and no rear bag ( which I’m struggling to get consistency with) at 50m

81EEEDDF-EC3B-46F1-A7C4-960802434F74.thumb.jpeg.e35c2d9ed5835e2ad03bc020c9422be0.jpeg

Just measured the group, centre to centre. The weather was reasonable, with a few gusts around 8-10mph.

Coming in sub 0.5moa @ 100yrds with a factory barrel.

I normally shoot subs but thought as I was on the 100yrds I’d give some sk standard plus a try and see how they do… apparently quiet well.

F80414FF-7F69-44B1-864B-91C37428EC10.jpeg

90C1ACA7-7D2A-49F5-874E-0A0498C5FF26.jpeg

70CA8556-B478-41B4-8621-AC18FFD31431.jpeg

1 hour ago, One on top of two said:

Well that’s a very impressive start terry 👍

just out of curiosity my local is starting to stock SK. Which would you say would be a good starting point. They have nearly the whole range in and I don’t have a clue where to start really. 

I’ve had good results previously with SK match but the later flat nose match is doing well so any of the ‘match’ grade is a good place to start ( it’s just the better batch of the run same as any make really).

Terry

10 hours ago, Farmer rick said:

Here a quick pic of my setup, cz457 Mtr with a sak mod in a oryx chassis. 

BCDBC095-C8D3-4C19-B4EE-8B3F164A9BA6.jpeg

Really impressive groups .

like the (what looks like) wood panels on the chassis 👍😎

45 minutes ago, Farmer rick said:

👍 they are wooden panels, currently beech but I’m making a new set in walnut. I like the blend Technical in the chassis and traditional in the wood.

Nice, I'm not too taken with all metal myself, I rather like this chassis which is in the same style: https://wooxstore.com/products/chassis-furiosa