Show your Accuracy International

geek

Yes I am, I have had problems with the double stack mags with my 6.5 Creedmoor.
Rounds keep popping out of the mag, plus I occasionally (every time on a timed stage!) the bolt will go over a round and not pickup.
With the AICS mag faultless every time.

Mark

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Nice. I’ve got the predecessor, a AWM in .300wm. What barrel twist do the newer ones come in, still 1-11”?

Mine is shooting MME 190gn, 200gn and 210gn bullets very well. I think I was starting to get stability issues with 208gn ELDM.

• 1 month later...

Bought my AT .308 a couple weeks ago from Eastern Sporting.

Looking forward to getting out and shooting.

Hoptic USA Saddle Blanket, Anarchy Outdoors Spigot Picitinny Rail and Cheekpiece Thumbscrews all from Sporting Services. 

I've since bought the NV Mount and I'm just waiting to get some more cash and I'll have the Moderator on the way.

Does anyone else find the LOP is really short by default? 

20220528_130438.jpg

4 minutes ago, Richiew said:

Nice bit of gear there with some good accessories. My AT needs all the spacers to get a good fit so had to buy some longer Allen bolts. Have a great time with it . Cheers 

Yeah it came with spacers installed and another spacer set but none of the bolts were long enough 🤔

Have since seen on Sporting Services they sell the M6 bolts for various spacer configurations though so will have a measure up when i next get it out the safe.

Got an idea I needed rather long bolts so could of been 100 mm . Fitted a BandT monopod and needed another size bolt . Had a bucket of various bolts from mr fastener from motorcycle days so everything worked out fine . Cheers 

40 minutes ago, JCalleja91 said:

I can't find a great deal of info on them. What they made out of and can they handle strings of 10-12 rounds of fire.

They are 3D printed from either Ti or Inconel. I have the smaller model which doesn’t go over the AI muzzle brake. It handles strings of fire with no hassle at all and it very quiet. 

The A-TEC Marksman looks good and not too expensive. Designed to fit the AI brake with its left hand thread , available at sporting services. Might be worth a look. Cheers 

ps I’ve got the AI Mod and it’s very quiet compared to the 17 hmr and the 223 . 
Lovely looking rifle shooter 762 , colour too .

1 hour ago, JCalleja91 said:

Can't find prices on their website... how much we talking?

About £700 for the ratchet lock model I own. 

I’m afraid I don’t know how much the AI .338 model is. But I expect it to be more than the ratchet lock as it is larger and will take longer to print. 

On 12/16/2021 at 5:33 PM, Richiew said:

Keep threads nicely lubed with anti seize grease that’s alloy and stainless compatible. Silicon grease on the O-ring and keep the o-ring groove clean also . There’s a bit of wear on the first baffle but that’s all . Keep the brake clean where the o-ring seals onto,  and the threads remembering they are right hand onto the barrel and left for the mod screwing onto the brake for fitting it to the gun  . To remove mod turn the mod right handed or clock wise if your looking from the end where the bullet comes out of  . Don’t need to overtighten mod onto brake as the spin of bullet helps to keep it on and there’s a bit of help from the grip of the o-ring . 
cheers 

67594A47-6E40-43EA-8B00-AE73239CA7DC.jpeg

99DD23AD-466E-49DD-B612-FD05339C332C.jpeg

825B459A-E86D-4E49-8B69-0C46F6025A09.jpeg

Some info from a while back 

51 minutes ago, Richiew said:

Genuine AI £683

Atec fits upto 338 £499 

Atec  quoted 30 db sound reduction so very good compared to most others in the 27 db mark 

And if you have any sound mod supplied by Jackson rifles to exchange you will get 40% off the cost of the A-Tec 

• 4 months later...

Picked up a mint AX 308 last week and took it out for a first go on Sunday. Wow... spoils you for any other rifle in the future (have two tactical remington 700 builds in MDT chassis but no comparison). Recoil is straight back and controlled with the brake (will get down to sporting services to get the ATAC Marksman mod as have a slot, just lack of time and spare cash this month!).

Dropped my gen 1 razor onto it from my Ruger Precision and although not as good as a NF or S&B still damm clear, just missing a christmas tree reticule! Could see hits onto the target at 100M clearly.

IMG_2655.jpg

IMG_2656.jpg

• 3 months later...

Here's my AT-X .308 out in the hills just after Christmas. I've just got to do a little more fine tuning for load dev and she's all set for this years Precision Service Rifle competitions. Only got a couple of minor design gripes being, no quick adjust cheek piece and AI's KeySlot, ohh and the 1/4-28 grip screw because mixing metric and imperial is always a good idea. Other than those minor points it's a solidly put together bit of kit and a pleasure to shoot. 

image.thumb.jpeg.9dc4fd1dbdb9faaf54c57fa844808575.jpeg