geek

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/7/2023 at 6:44 PM, Richiew said:

Time to take the hit and go for it. 

Let me know what you think!

And too get the thread back on topic.. my AT looks different to the last time i posted it on here.

Screenshot_20230207_175032_Gallery.thumb.jpg.decb309e4a6af1ac594baac7de0b039a.jpg

Image links through to my shooting instagram if anyone would be so kind to give it a follow 🤙

• 3 weeks later...

There is an ATX for sale on here 

buy it - sell the creedmoor barrel and swap for 308 one 

On 2/7/2023 at 6:48 PM, JCalleja91 said:

And too get the thread back on topic.. my AT looks different to the last time i posted it on here.

Screenshot_20230207_175032_Gallery.thumb.jpg.decb309e4a6af1ac594baac7de0b039a.jpg

Image links through to my shooting instagram if anyone would be so kind to give it a follow 🤙

Got the WIEBAD cheek cover and am very happy with it. Much softer feel and still has the grip . Fastening Velcro works a treat. Just need to get the hoptic one removed. 
cheers all 

2 hours ago, Richiew said:

Got the WIEBAD cheek cover and am very happy with it. Much softer feel and still has the grip . Fastening Velcro works a treat. Just need to get the hoptic one removed. 
cheers all 

Nice.. based on that I may have to invest in one! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/7/2023 at 6:48 PM, JCalleja91 said:

Link didn’t work for your Insta 

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, Scotch_egg said:

I really don’t get how anyone can justify the cost of changing the stock on an AI. 

even secondhand an AT is £2-£3k 

A vision stock is the best part of £2k 

a new AT-X is £5k  

I just like my AX308 in 6.5X47

B89B93CA-6BC9-4001-A3DF-57FE208274E8.jpeg

Yeah I get that. But if you already have an AW/AT/AX and want to upgrade it then it works out probably about the same with less hassle than having to sell and buy an AT-X.. the Vision looks better aswell and who cares if you hit anything as long as you look good doing it 😆

4 hours ago, JCalleja91 said:

Yeah I get that. But if you already have an AW/AT/AX and want to upgrade it then it works out probably about the same with less hassle than having to sell and buy an AT-X.. the Vision looks better aswell and who cares if you hit anything as long as you look good doing it 😆

Don’t know about “upgrade” a change certainly. 

The forend is as long way off the barrel compared to an AX tubular forend. 

If you already own an AT or AX I can see why it’s an option. 

@Scotch_eggWhilst the tubular forend is close to the barrel, the handgrip section of the AX and AXMC (where the balance point typically is) makes a significant height over bore. This equates to several inches when shooting off a bag. 

I must say I’m not the biggest fan of the aesthetics of the vision and prefer the looks of Samb Ao chassis but that’s my own taste…

23 minutes ago, Brushy said:

@Scotch_eggWhilst the tubular forend is close to the barrel, the handgrip section of the AX and AXMC (where the balance point typically is) makes a significant height over bore. This equates to several inches when shooting off a bag. 

I must say I’m not the biggest fan of the aesthetics of the vision and prefer the looks of Samb Ao chassis but that’s my own taste…

The balance point is definitely better I agree but the bipod location is worse off. Depends on what’s important. 

I think you will find that vision actually are the Samb Forend producer for Europe. So that’s a Samb forend. 

Had one of the first Vision chassis in the UK which I imported myself for an ssg3000

it was really good 

The ATX factory chassis is better in my limited opinion 

The balance of the ssg was too rearward but the ssg action is a beast with a lot of metalwork under the main action body which contributed to the balance point 

I am not serious prs type shooter so my view is only my view 

The vision is a great chassis, well thought out and extremely well made 

1 hour ago, Brushy said:

Yeah as Scotch said, that is the AO/Vision forend with the Aluminium grip panels and stock. 

34 minutes ago, Ronin said:

Had one of the first Vision chassis in the UK which I imported myself for an ssg3000

it was really good 

The ATX factory chassis is better in my limited opinion 

The balance of the ssg was too rearward but the ssg action is a beast with a lot of metalwork under the main action body which contributed to the balance point 

I am not serious prs type shooter so my view is only my view 

The vision is a great chassis, well thought out and extremely well made 

Theres certainly a couple of things the AT-X does better. It's slightly lower bore height I'm led to believe. But the vision definitely has some advantages as well.

Would like to see that SSG3000. 

1 hour ago, Scotch_egg said:

Don’t know about “upgrade” a change certainly. 

The forend is as long way off the barrel compared to an AX tubular forend. 

If you already own an AT or AX I can see why it’s an option. 

Yeah I suppose its horses for courses.. the bore height on the AT makes for a really top heavy rifle which isn't great for shooting off barricades so for me it feels like a massive "upgrade".

Link to a thread on the Hide 

I post under username Redmist there 

https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/new-chassis-for-the-sig-sauer-ssg3000-200str.6931184/

• 3 months later...