Show your Accuracy International

geek

Tony - super effort attending the Leupold Match - would you like to post a report with pics about your experience in the competition area 

Would be good to hear how it went  

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Final alterations (almost) to my ATX  which has been a work in progress for minor upgrades 

6XC -Sassen 7 twist 

Chassis re coated burned bronze ceracoat 

Hoptic quiver and cheek saddle

MDT straight grip

EC Tuner Brake 

still would like a hinge and short bridge section but other commitments to finances dictate they can wait 

92-F9-F237-D39-E-428-C-8291-0257240-B99-

I’m afraid it is - age got the better of me 😂

I tried shooting with glasses on the last match of SIS last year and whilst it was fine for some positions, I was losing the line of sight through glasses  on some positional change stages and losing sight (literally) through the scope and lost quite a few points because of that (coukdnt align glasses scope and eye so didn’t send down range ) 

I can see distance perfectly well without visual aid to aquire the location of target and since that “learning day” - I decided to stick with unaided vision through scope and bino. But use the MK fresnel screen for ajustment of elevation 

windage I can manage as once set unless it’s extreme distance changes to targets in a multi target stage I should be able to manage with minor ajustment 

I doubt there’s anywhere I’ll be shooting in the UK that will involve a 180 degree fire angle change so usual alterations will be in tenths not whole mils 

I’m in the same boat with eyes, I’ve got everything adjusted to shoot without glasses and have a pair of safety glasses that are clear at the top and have a +2.5 small area at the bottom to read the turrets. 
This works as my long vision is nt too bad only need +0.5, close reading is my downfall. Got an mdt digital LED level that shows my cant in peripheral vision. Can’t see bubble levels very well. Otherwise it s use normal glasses but look over the top of the glass for shots. 
Hope this makes sense and maybe helps ??

Richie - it does - will look at your suggestions 

apologies haven’t meant to derail the thread 

1 hour ago, JCalleja91 said:

I love my AT.. but seeing all these AT-Xs makes me want one 😍

I too love my AT and initially wanted an AT-X as well, however reading a few threads from USA forums and speaking to someone who owns and AT-X at one of my clubs I am not so sure now. The problems seemed to be magazine and feeding issues and there was a photograph of broken bolt handle on the USA thread. Maybe these were early models?

Also, unless you are competing in precision rifle competitions which involves lots of quick moving (I am too old and move too slow) and lots of different shooting positions (ever other shooter would have fired the detail whilst I was moving :)), what would an AT-X offer that an AT doesn't/cannot do? 

Just now, geek said:

Also, unless you are competing in precision rifle competitions 

I am 😉 

I want a long action at some point. Will probably look elsewhere than AI for that as I couldn't afford an AXMC.

Shane they didn't do an ATMC.. that'd have been the dream! 

8 minutes ago, geek said:

I too love my AT and initially wanted an AT-X as well, however reading a few threads from USA forums and speaking to someone who owns and AT-X at one of my clubs I am not so sure now. The problems seemed to be magazine and feeding issues and there was a photograph of broken bolt handle on the USA thread. Maybe these were early models?

Also, unless you are competing in precision rifle competitions which involves lots of quick moving (I am too old and move too slow) and lots of different shooting positions (ever other shooter would have fired the detail whilst I was moving :)), what would an AT-X offer that an AT doesn't/cannot do? 

I actually miss my AT. I swapped it for an AX308. The classic look of the AT just has a touch of class. Also the plastic is far better to hold in freezing conditions.  

I use my AX for everything, I just wish it was  a few pounds lighter. 

The AT-X uses the same action as the AX308 and AT so any issues would be across the board.

I believe production of the AT is to stop from something I read over shot show reporting.  I haven’t had it confirmed. I’m certainly not a fan of the new generation of AX MK111 

57 minutes ago, Scotch_egg said:

I actually miss my AT. I swapped it for an AX308. The classic look of the AT just has a touch of class. Also the plastic is far better to hold in freezing conditions.  

I use my AX for everything, I just wish it was  a few pounds lighter. 

The AT-X uses the same action as the AX308 and AT so any issues would be across the board.

I believe production of the AT is to stop from something I read over shot show reporting.  I haven’t had it confirmed. I’m certainly not a fan of the new generation of AX MK111 

Yeah I'm not a fan of the AX.

Agree with the aesthetics of the AT. Iconic! 

Use heat to apply the Hoptic - seems to make the adhesive ,,, more adhesive 😂

19 hours ago, JCalleja91 said:

Do you have the Hoptic USA one?

If so i have that too and it does seem.. temporary.. albeit its lasted a year or so so far it does show signs of coming unstuck.

Yep that’s the one. Not too happy with its coverage of my AT cheek piece and did a review on the sporting services website which didn’t get put on their pages . They’re happy to put good reviews on tho . 
WIEBAD one looks good but it is a fair price £50 plus £8 postage, any info regards cheaper places .

cheers

32 minutes ago, Richiew said:

Yep that’s the one. Not too happy with its coverage of my AT cheek piece and did a review on the sporting services website which didn’t get put on their pages . They’re happy to put good reviews on tho . 
WIEBAD one looks good but it is a fair price £50 plus £8 postage, any info regards cheaper places .

cheers

Yeha I guess the Wiebad one will probably never fail hence the price compared to the Hoptic USA one which I guess is meant to be a little more expendable.