Drying wet tumbled cases

duey

Right I'm soon to delve into the wet tumbling world and was wondering what you all did regarding drying the cases afterwards

Is it air dry

Oven dry on baking tray

Or a cartridge drying case

Or is there other options

Cheers

Duey

food dehydrator ebay £23 new works like a dream

Sorry to sound a bit "slow", but how do these actually work?

Do you lay the cases on their side and just switch the machine on and leave it running? If so, what happens to any liquid that is settled at the lowest point on the side of the case?

Do the trays actually rotate?

All probably, really obvious answers to my questions, but as I've never heard of these before, I felt the need to ask, because anything that gets them drier quicker is a plus for me.

Hope you don't mind me asking.

Cheers. Paul

I shake them in a large jug a few times pouring the water out each time until there's nothing left, then I use a home made centrifuge to get the rest of the water out (I put them in a towel made into a sling then swing it round as quickly as I can!), then into the halogen oven for 10-20mins at 100c.

I have a batch of 44mag that's just ready to take out now :)

Get a cheap bread / cake cooling tray and put them in slots upside down overnight.

Sorry to sound a bit "slow", but how do these actually work?

Do you lay the cases on their side and just switch the machine on and leave it running? If so, what happens to any liquid that is settled at the lowest point on the side of the case?

Do the trays actually rotate?

All probably, really obvious answers to my questions, but as I've never heard of these before, I felt the need to ask, because anything that gets them drier quicker is a plus for me.

Hope you don't mind me asking.

Cheers. Paul

Water evaporates. Trays don't rotate on mine. 30 minutes is all mine takes. They now market the exact same machine as mine just for drying cases.~Andrew

I wash mine out out first in hot, mildly soapy water and let them stand a while to loosen up any junk inside. Then wash them out several times in hot fresh water. Stand them upside down to drain on a wooden reloading block, outdoors if its warm, indoors on a rad if its cold or wet. Simples!

Gone with the food dehydrator off eBay as its half the cost of the one from cranks and identical size and operation

Thanks for your input guys, just waiting on everything to turn up now especially as my dry tumbler died last week after 15 years of service, can't complain really

Duey

Hi Pengo mine has five trays stacked on top of each other ,can get about 25 308 cases in per tray ,just throw them in turn on and leave for approx 20 to 30 mins and hey presto dry cases simples

Thanks for the info, Overspray.

I'll have a look on the ##ay tomorrow.

Cheers. Paul

I stick mine upside down in empty factory cartridge holders and stick them on a rad/in the airing cupboard over night. I usually wash batches of around 100-200 at a time.

Yep

This is what I do as well.

S.S.

Get 5 litre's of Iso-Propyl alcohol off ebay.................after the final wash, shake off as much water as poss, then rinse in alcohol (you can use it over and over again) and blow dry with hot air/hairdryer. Result, no staining or water marks.

5 litres has lasted me over a year so far, and there's still a couple of litres left.

Re-Pete

Archived