Markers Bisley

Montey

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've worked the butts on century many of times and some of the mechanisms that hold the targets frames are not working very well or are not weighted properly and are very hard to move up and down. It's about time they were modernised for something electronic or something that's easy too use.....

One guy who used to mark for us reckoned on using gallon plastic containers of water for counterweights................

The leccy technology is proven, and properly set up with fresh or repaired screens, they're great, so maybe it's the ongoing maintenance schedule that needs some attention................

Pete

28 minutes ago, Roy W said:

Yes, how much?

Just checked his website

www.privatemarker.co.uk

Seems reasonable costs..... I need to go away and do the sums now, I’m likely to be in touch.

Why do I keep hearing that Tina Turner song  "I'm a private marker, marking for money, I'll do what you want me to do..."   😂

3 hours ago, Re-Pete said:

One guy who used to mark for us reckoned on using gallon plastic containers of water for counterweights................

The leccy technology is proven, and properly set up with fresh or repaired screens, they're great, so maybe it's the ongoing maintenance schedule that needs some attention................

Pete

Only today I heard a shooter on the radio complaining that the auto target was recording the shots in a vertical line, as opposed to where they actually were. 

Unfortunately  (how do I put this?) maintenence isn't Bisley's strong point...... 

10 minutes ago, Private Marker said:

Popsbengo I  prefer a different Tina Turner track......

Simply the Best ;)

🤢🤮

Self praise is no praise at all 

On 10/24/2019 at 7:17 AM, No i deer said:

I've worked the butts on century many of times and some of the mechanisms that hold the targets frames are not working very well or are not weighted properly and are very hard to move up and down. It's about time they were modernised for something electronic or something that's easy too use.....

I found this too on my (so far) only stint in the butts on Century; was bloody knackered afterwards! By contrast I shot at Otmoor recently and the mechs were much easier to operate; perhaps unsurprisingly as each carried two frames (one up, one down on each actuation) and as such appeared a lot better balanced.

My only experience of using a paid marker on Century (as booked by my club) was very favourable; however I can appreciate that the talent will vary and this was bourne out to some extent by the praise heaped on our marker by my more experienced club members. 

I guess the usual caveat applies regarding peanuts and monkies; although tbh I can think of worse ways to earn minimum wage if I was local to Bisley :)

We have found the electronic targets very hit and miss  (no pun intended)  . The other week at 1200 we were told the weather was affecting the bluetooth so shots were not being recorded  previous to that on 1000 we were told some of the screens were a bit iffy . one time on 900 as we were leaving we enquired about the screens not recording and when we said our lane number the guy said  yep been having trouble wth that  . 

9 hours ago, clover said:

I found this too on my (so far) only stint in the butts on Century; was bloody knackered afterwards! By contrast I shot at Otmoor recently and the mechs were much easier to operate; perhaps unsurprisingly as each carried two frames (one up, one down on each actuation) and as such appeared a lot better balanced.

My only experience of using a paid marker on Century (as booked by my club) was very favourable; however I can appreciate that the talent will vary and this was bourne out to some extent by the praise heaped on our marker by my more experienced club members. 

I guess the usual caveat applies regarding peanuts and monkies; although tbh I can think of worse ways to earn minimum wage if I was local to Bisley :)

Well I get the same pay as the crap ones (through the NRA). I have to say that does piss me off sometimes. 

No wonder the good ones go to private marking .