Can the garmin c1 pro be shipped to the uk from the states

pengo

Does anyone know if you can get the new garmin c1 pro Chrono shipped from the USA to the UK.

And has anybody done it?

If so, who did you use?

You can pm me if you prefer.

Cheers

Paul

3 hours ago, John MH said:

I got one from Area 419 but they will no longer, at Garmin’s request, ship the Xero to the UK

Thanks for replying John.

I tried ordering one from Area 419 yesterday and they sent me an email today, saying they won't ship out of the country anymore.

That's why I thought I'd ask if there was anywhere else.

Is there any particular reason why Garmin won't let this happen, do you know?

19 hours ago, Ballistol said:

Do Area 419 specifically say why Garmin have taken this decision?

No, I did not speak to them but they have changed their website software and as a result there are no shipping options outside of the USA for that product.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2024 at 7:50 PM, bobthenailer said:

i was also told that units that have been bought in the US will not be warranted in the UK 🙄

Even the ones bought before the ban on selling them?

I wonder if this is because of the frequencies or power limits used by Garmin and allowed in the US not being OK over here. Much like Labradar chrono that had a similar issue with crossover of frequencies, or something like that.

57 minutes ago, Mattnall said:

Even the ones bought before the ban on selling them?

I wonder if this is because of the frequencies or power limits used by Garmin and allowed in the US not being OK over here. Much like Labradar chrono that had a similar issue with crossover of frequencies, or something like that.

I would doubt Garmin would provide world wide cover for the products no matter where they were bought. You might not be covered by UK Consumer Law for products not purchased in the UK but why risk damage to Brand reputation, especially in the modern world of Social Media, by not providing worldwide warranty. I would suspect its a rouse by UK importers and prospective retailers to put people off from purchasing from elsewhere (yet they cannot currently supply the product).

You may have to send your Xero C1 to a Garmin Service Centre as I suspect if you took it to a Garmin Retailer in the UK they would probably not be very helpful. Not different to buying a Garmin GPS abroad http://www.gpsinformation.net/main/garwarranty.htm

• 1 month later...

Mine arrived a couple of days ago from the link posted above by ColinBR, thanks for posting that

£500.00 for the device incl postage, £112.00 VAT.   

Took about 4 weeks from ordering as it seemed to have been in a distribution centre en route to the airport for over a week.

A shooting friend also brought one to the range on Sunday that he bought from Amazon, paid a few quid less than mine.  Maybe you can pay the duty up front with the purchase price for a discount?

20 hours ago, Leeman said:

Mine arrived a couple of days ago from the link posted above by ColinBR, thanks for posting that

£500.00 for the device incl postage, £112.00 VAT.   

Took about 4 weeks from ordering as it seemed to have been in a distribution centre en route to the airport for over a week.

A shooting friend also brought one to the range on Sunday that he bought from Amazon, paid a few quid less than mine.  Maybe you can pay the duty up front with the purchase price for a discount?

I ended up ordering mine on Amazon also the other day. 

Says it'll be here by the 6th

So the UK warrantied units are selling or likely to sell at £530

yet people are buying from the states at 500 and incurring import duties and vat to the tune of over 100 

Non UK importer supplied units are not covered by warranty in this country and no doubt they will have serial number so easily verified 

Am I missing something as why it is sensible or even an intelligent option to buy outside the uk ?

36 minutes ago, Ronin said:

yet people are buying from the states at 500 and incurring import duties and vat to the tune of over 100 

Non UK importer supplied units are not covered by warranty in this country and no doubt they will have serial number so easily verified 

Am I missing something as why it is sensible or even an intelligent option to buy outside the uk ?

I'm waiting patiently myself.

8 hours ago, Ronin said:

In my case Andy it was to sell my Labradar before the resale value crashed, which it surely will when the Garmin arrives in the UK. 

second hand Labradars were selling for £400 - £450, the cheapest I have seen  for sale is recently was £250, that's a big hit when you paid £600 plus for one.

The Garmin is 100% worth getting if you use a chronograph frequently.

12 hours ago, Ronin said:

As with anything why people do what is that never ending question 🤣

I get why buy one - new shiny kit 

Also own LabRadar - Whixh works for me and is pretty portable 

But then so is my Magnetospeed and Oehler 35p (though the latter a faf to set up in comparison) 

👍🏻

9 minutes ago, Ronin said:

I get why buy one - new shiny kit 

Also own LabRadar - Whixh works for me and is pretty portable 

But then so is my Magnetospeed and Oehler 35p (though the latter a faf to set up in comparison) 

👍🏻

I bought mine due to not having a decent chronograph in the first place. Mines a Caldwell I think

If there was an actual UK release date I would have held off till then

But with having a rifle build due on the way (wonder who that could be 😁) I felt that I had to buy 1 now as I need it for the load development.