Assuming I can find a buyer for my .308 Sabatti STR I'm going to buy a Sabatti STR chambered in 6.5mm Creedmoor. I have got on very well with ELD-Ms with the .300WM and .308 so am likely to use the same in the 6.5CM, but given that many powders are getting hard to get. 

I bought a couple of kilos of N150 for my .308. Not sure if that's good? The load data vit offer seems to cover a whole range of their powders and doesn't say which is best. I have always favoured RS powders but they don't seem to specify which is most suitable for 6.5CM. If it's 52 then I buggered cos noone has any!

I've still not tried the 6.5 cal 140gr eldms..

What's your opinion of them..

I tried a few 130s and didn't finish the load development as yet..

If they shoot as good as the 140gr amaxs I'll like them.

On 6/14/2023 at 3:17 PM, Ralpharama said:

Assuming I can find a buyer for my .308 Sabatti STR I'm going to buy a Sabatti STR chambered in 6.5mm Creedmoor. I have got on very well with ELD-Ms with the .300WM and .308 so am likely to use the same in the 6.5CM, but given that many powders are getting hard to get. 

I bought a couple of kilos of N150 for my .308. Not sure if that's good? The load data vit offer seems to cover a whole range of their powders and doesn't say which is best. I have always favoured RS powders but they don't seem to specify which is most suitable for 6.5CM. If it's 52 then I buggered cos noone has any!

If you have a load of n150 already I found it shot very well with 123gr bullets but of course the heavier bullets will be better once you get to longer distances 

5 hours ago, ashcroft said:

If you have a load of n150 already I found it shot very well with 123gr bullets but of course the heavier bullets will be better once you get to longer distances 

As it was supposed to rain today I took my only non-wood stocked rifle to Warminster.the 308 STR and it was wonderful…. Just had it in my head I needed a creedmoor for 1000yards … maybe not 😂 It’ll cost me dearly to change and after fifty rounds this morning where I was getting more bulls than not I’m questioning the sense in change 😳

new STR is a very fetching red 😍

8 minutes ago, Ralpharama said:

As it was supposed to rain today I took my only non-wood stocked rifle to Warminster.the 308 STR and it was wonderful…. Just had it in my head I needed a creedmoor for 1000yards … maybe not 😂 It’ll cost me dearly to change and after fifty rounds this morning where I was getting more bulls than not I’m questioning the sense in change 😳

new STR is a very fetching red 😍

what bullets Ralph ?

3 hours ago, Popsbengo said:

what bullets Ralph ?

Today I was just using Lapua Scenar 167gr. The ELD-M 178gr are better, but I have loads of Scenars loaded up 😃 RS52 powder …. And no I don’t have any spare 🤣🤣🤣🤣 

1 hour ago, Ralpharama said:

Today I was just using Lapua Scenar 167gr. The ELD-M 178gr are better, but I have loads of Scenars loaded up 😃 RS52 powder …. And no I don’t have any spare 🤣🤣🤣🤣 

You may like to try Berger 185's at 1000yds.  May change your mind about a 6.5CM 😉

1 hour ago, Popsbengo said:

You may like to try Berger 185's at 1000yds.  May change your mind about a 6.5CM 😉

Trying to find Berger 185 Juggernauts, may as well try to find a unicorn.

I used to use Berger 185 Juggernauts in my AI, however, they became impossible to find and the 185 Lapua are just not as good.

Berger 155.5 s are good for 1000 if pushed at high 2800s on calm days . 
Don’t change if you’re getting good results with the 308. 
185 juggs for the windy days , don’t waste them if you’ve got them .

next best is 175 lrbt bergers

178 eldms and have a try with 155eldms , usually easier to get than bergers .

happy shooting