Fastest shooting 6mm?

Just having a thought really, I see that the .243 Superformance can shoot 58g vmax at 3925fps which I think is pretty fast! Which is pretty much on par with a .204 and 22-250. It’s got me curious to think what could put preform this still shooting the 58g vmax?

I may be incorrect but I recal  Kirby Allen did a 338 lm necked down to 6 mm many years ago 

barrel life was …… short 

23 hours ago, OSOK said:

Mine is used August to March each year ....

'Used' - I imagine the majority of deer rifles for e.g. are used 8 months a year, or more - but in the majority of cases (i.e. recreational stalkers) are probably only fired a handful of times. Kirby Allen's 6/338 would probably last a lot of stalkers a life time!

What's your barrels round count to date out of interest? If yours is doing well it must be a good bit of steel, assume youre using Reloader17/RS60 from your notes; the throat and first few inches of my 6XC barrel looked wasted after <1k warm-ish rounds with RS60, still shoots good enough for its intended use, but would win any BR comps 😂

Mine is only on Foxes ... like i mentioned from Aug to end of Feb ..... Round count is 261 and i'm guessing somewhere between 400 & 500 rounds as a max ?  ...  But then that's a lot of Foxes . I use R17 as was and have quite a few tubs left still ...

I wondered what you were shooting. They don't get much of a let up around here, shepherd doesn't give hungry vixens with cubs a free pass with lambs about.

As you say, if you get 500 out of it that's still a lot of foxes. As long as it doesn't break the bank...life's too short :D

Will you re-barrel 6WSM again when its shot out dyou think, or try something else/another 'over-bore'?

I have a new barrel sitting here waiting with another hundred 270 wsm cases which need sizing , neck turning and prep etc .. it’s not for everyone but it works for me with the drone on top .

I had to use Winchester brass as the Norma was far too soft for these velocities   😁