Kent Police

newsatten

I’m currently awaiting a couple of one for ones with the above, 

the service now is absolutely dire!

they were ok in the past but now almost impossible to contact, emails take weeks for reply’s , then there just kurt one line guff,

anyone else had problems??

Yeah that’s what I thought, god only knows what is doing to the gun trade!

even these inept individuals are still using Covid as a cover for diabolical service, 

Or is it just another ploy to reduce ticket holders ??

The last time I did a variation with Avon and Somerset constabulary it took 4 months..

Really poor service..

If they haven't got enough staff then vet and train more up..

If 2 staff suddenly decide their going too leave then what...!!

Being that far behind is too much pressure for them all the time..

Gwent Police

Pre covid, variations took 1 to 2 weeks

My last one for one (April 2022) took 9 weeks

No phone numbers for Firearms division any more, everything has to be done by e mail

God only knows how long it takes for a renewal

M

It’s absolutely terrible really, Kent used to turn around a one for one inside a week,

To be honest I’m not that bothered about the time it takes it’s more that one never knows where you are , and it’s impossible to actually talk to a human.

given the nature of the subject you’d think they’ed be on it like a bonnet!

but I guess it’s pretty much endemic now with everything,

newconmers would be unaware of how it used to be , having had a ticket for 40 years all I’ve witnessed is a never ending decline in service and standards,

ces’t la vie 

I spoke to an FEO today. They are apparently very busy with 25%  staff reduction.  Whilst I am sure they are all working hard, essentially the  Uk Firearms Licencing is broken  and probably needs some new thinking to make it more effective. 

Sounds about right ,

however my One For Ones went in at the same time as a mates vari, he asked for a second 308 and a second 6.5 

we done the form , he paid his 20 quid

2 weeks ago his FEO rang him to say he couldn’t have them as they a duplicate calibres ,

he appealed and heard yesterday that it’s been refused again and they returned his money!

So they can work quickly if it suits them !

Be under no illusion they are after our guns !💀

I'm in Essex and my like for like variation took less than 24 hours. 

During covid alot of forces seconded staff from various departments to work in more crucial roles. Some of these staff never returned to their original posts. There is also a massive shortage in police staff within control rooms and crime recording bureaus which again staff are being seconded too, including Officers of which there is also a shortage of.

Our firearms licenses fade into insignificance in comparison whether we like it or not. 

21 minutes ago, JCalleja91 said:

I'm in Essex and my like for like variation took less than 24 hours. 

During covid alot of forces seconded staff from various departments to work in more crucial roles. Some of these staff never returned to their original posts. There is also a massive shortage in police staff within control rooms and crime recording bureaus which again staff are being seconded too, including Officers of which there is also a shortage of.

Our firearms licenses fade into insignificance in comparison whether we like it or not. 

What actually happened during covid they all worked from home  then the decision was made to cut staff numbers down to 12 from i believe 15 .  a couple took retirement and since then 2 feo have left . There is no internal office as they are still working from home so 24 hours is really exceptional  .I have customers waiting 6 to 8 weeks for a variation and renewals put in 3 months ago have now run out  , then again a new guy at our club put in for a license  at the same time as his other half got 9 guns each  within 2 months  (no previous firearm experience ..   You cant make it up ....

Must be doing damage to the gun trade 

my mate was going to buy a AX Mk 3 

and a 6.5 to replace his ageing RPA

seems every time I renew it’s different!

but never ever better,

On 6/23/2022 at 11:14 AM, newsatten said:

It’s absolutely terrible really, Kent used to turn around a one for one inside a week,

To be honest I’m not that bothered about the time it takes it’s more that one never knows where you are , and it’s impossible to actually talk to a human.

given the nature of the subject you’d think they’ed be on it like a bonnet!

but I guess it’s pretty much endemic now with everything,

newconmers would be unaware of how it used to be , having had a ticket for 40 years all I’ve witnessed is a never ending decline in service and standards,

ces’t la vie 

Had my ticket over 40 years and we have gone from while you wait variations to don’t hold your breath in some counties…and paying more for the privilege 

I’m in Kent sold one of my Fclass open 300wsm had a phone call to discuss in about a minute then sent in my licence and had it back in a week 

Bit confused why they had to ring me but a quick conversation and job done 

speaking to any gun shop in Kent and they are getting phone calls every day because people are giving up shooting because of the online only system Kent now have one shop are considering offering a service to help with the online system.

Just sold two shot guns to private individuals I found the online system really easy to use on the first day but it wouldn’t load on the next day I left a message with them then went back to it later in the day and it all worked.

im not a fan of on line only but the Kent forms are quite easy 

• 3 weeks later...

10 weeks tomorrow,

just spoke with my FEO

we had a discussion about my one for one ffs!

what’s to discuss??? It’s a one for one !

he reckons about another 2-4 weeks before I get my updated certificate,

I done two one for ones 

and got a 22 rifle for a moderator!

so that obviously works, the gun trade has to be suffering over this , 

banning by stealth comes to mind ??

It’s a joke that, bear in mind I had a 1 for 1 done in person on the day, new FAC printed at the Northern shooting show. 

They need to keep the vetting as S1 etc and change sales to S2.  Once you have firearms on your ticket it shouldn’t matter what the serial number is. 

Just do variations for additional firearms applied for. So if I wanted .338 that would have to be applied for, after that just sell and buy as you want and send in the notification 

On 7/6/2022 at 11:39 PM, Montey said:

I’m in Kent sold one of my Fclass open 300wsm had a phone call to discuss in about a minute then sent in my licence and had it back in a week 

Bit confused why they had to ring me but a quick conversation and job done 

speaking to any gun shop in Kent and they are getting phone calls every day because people are giving up shooting because of the online only system Kent now have one shop are considering offering a service to help with the online system.

The application/renewal form (Form 201 - 2021) is still available in the PDF form and can be filled in, corrected, etc. at your leisure. When you're happy with it print it off, sign it and send it recorded delivery.

FORM 201 – 2021 - Application for the grant or renewal of a firearm and/or shotgun certificate (publishing.service.gov.uk)

On the top row there's a box that says "Add text".

You're lucky your not in Durham!

I'm secretary of a shooting club, I sent the club FAC for a simple 1 for 1 (sold a .30 mod wanted a .223 mod)

1. They sent me back a copy of my own personal FAC with the variation to acquire  the 223 moderator on it, a calibre for a firearm I don't even have on my FAC!

2. They didn't remove a firearm I'd sold and notified them of in June

3. They didn't add the 2 firearms I'd purchased in the last 8 months that I'd also notified them of.

4. They removed the 3 empty slots I had on it for 2 riles and a moderator.

So now I have to assume that the details held on the NFLMS database for my personal FAC are completely wrong :(

Tried phoning them several times a day for over a week, nobody answers the phone.

Emailed them about it over a week ago, no reply apart from the automated "we got your email" response.

Absolute incompetence :(

10 minutes ago, phaedra1106uk said:

I'm secretary of a shooting club, I sent the club FAC for a simple 1 for 1 (sold a .30 mod wanted a .223 mod)

1. They sent me back a copy of my own personal FAC with the variation to acquire  the 223 moderator on it, a calibre for a firearm I don't even have on my FAC!

3. They didn't add the 2 firearms I'd purchased in the last 8 months that I'd also notified them of.

So now I have to assume that the details held on the NFLMS database for my personal FAC are completely wrong :(

Tried phoning them several times a day for over a week, nobody answers the phone.

Emailed them about it over a week ago, no reply apart from the automated "we got your email" response.

🤣😂

• 2 weeks later...

12 weeks now !

absolutely unbelievable , having said that it doesn’t really matter as we’ve zero shooting here as we’ve all had our booked ranges cancelled!

Finally returned 

Over 3 months lol

we’ve been told landmark are not accepting any bids for the rest of the year,

so whether it’s worth buying any more stuff is a dilemma!

I am not quite sure that is the case for Hythe and Lydd. They have an ongoing commitment but it appears that the booking cell may allocate weekend dates once the programme is known. Of course as your club must be NRA affiliated Bisley and other MOD ranges will have spare capacity. I have my certificate back now as well. 

We’ve had all our bookings cancelled!

just been informed that our 4th September one had gone and we fully expect the October ones to be gone 

and they are not accepting bids for November and December!

we’ve got Bisley in September but for most it’s just to far to travel,

some of our Dutch guys will come over I guess?

On 7/30/2022 at 4:22 PM, phaedra1106uk said:

Better in West Midlands/Staffordshire .   I sent in a 1 for 1 (3 for 3 ?) for three .22LR rifles for my club, FAC returned in eight days.

Happy bunny.