A&D FZ120i

Jeffo1960

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also have the A419 lid 😄

Need about 470mm in order to be able to remove the hopper, as it sits in a recess in the top of the Autothrow.

I'd guess using the standard A&D lid the whole thing is probably about 10mm lower.

Squeezing it under a shelf or something might make it a bit annoying; you'd need at least another 100mm or so clearance to remove the hopper lid and add more powder from a bottle instead of having to remove the hopper completely to add it for e.g.

Thanks for that really appreciate it, as I am rearranging my reloading room, my plan is to have the scales, in a corner out of any direct sunlight, and, for it to have its own bench, so to speak, as I understand it to be very sensitive, any other, suggestions I would appreciate, I am also thinking of getting the A419 lid, as can see what's happening 

Edited by Jeffo1960
Needed to add something I forgot to include

The A419 lid gives more stability to the Autothrow for sure but isn't a necessity.

I would definitely mount the scales on a separate bench if poss, unless your bench is made of granite or you are going to throw all your powder and then seat all your bullets. This will isolate it from the movement of for example seating a bullet. My bench is pretty hench, but seating a bullet using an arbour press will still inevitably cause the trickler to pause. As it usually takes 3/4 of the time of metering the next load of powder to seat a bullet, the pause will often happen during the last 0.1 of a grain of powder and the trickler won't restart again if it gets paused within <0.1 of a grain I think it is.

Changed the rcbs trickler for a dandy product s version and mounted the thrower on the bench with the flat plate to the left of where I sit infront of the scales  . Loading can be slow but reduces the chances of mistakes . I have the primed cases ready to put powder in , then load them singly with powder,  look down to see where the powder is then move over and seat the bullet . While doing this I’ve also got the next powder bulk weight sat settling on the scale ready for the last grain or so to be trickled in  . The v4 looks great but will I be loading and have a ready to go powder load just sat there waiting for me to be a bit quicker???? . 
happy reloading 

55438816-818F-4CB5-BEB8-D39C27C42183.jpeg

42 minutes ago, Jeffo1960 said:

I am considering buying the A419 clear lid for the Fx120i, is it compatible with the V3 auto throw, without buying anything else, from A419 

Yup, compatible with all models to date on its own.

• 2 weeks later...

Well finally got the scales question I got, do you use an anti Static Mat, as I have calibrated it, dead level,  bubble level dead centre, but when replacing the glass, pan that came with the auto trickler, it never returns to the same zero always out any help would be appreciated, what I have found, seems to be a little better, when I remove the breeze brake, hence my thinking static might be the cause 

4 hours ago, Jeffo1960 said:

.. but when replacing the glass, pan that came with the auto trickler, it never returns to the same zero..

Can't make out what you mean. Can you explain more thoroughly.

As for mats/wind shields/ holding your head at a funny angle.., I do nothing. Screens removed, no mat, std mains power and scale at Fast. Never once had an issue, only directly breathing on the pan will affect it.

Sorry didn't explain myself correctly, when I weigh the glass pan that came with the auto trickler, the weight ranges from 898.74 to 898.86, it should read the same each time, going to try again today,and the scale is completely level, out of any drafts. 

I don’t have a permanent loading room/space so have to setup and pack down each time.

When I setup, I always make sure I leave the A&D scale on for at least 1hr or more before I start loading, just to let the internals warm up.

Well I recently received some A&D's and loaded some the other evening and it was pissing me off as the readings kept going up n down up n down..

Not a breath of wind outside and found myself holding my breath weighing the charge.. 

I'm hand feeding not autothrowing..

Lid off and front window out too feed it..

First impressions not good 🙄

28 minutes ago, No i deer said:

Well I recently received some A&D's and loaded some the other evening and it was pissing me off as the readings kept going up n down up n down..

Not a breath of wind outside and found myself holding my breath weighing the charge.. 

I'm hand feeding not autothrowing..

Lid off and front window out too feed it..

First impressions not good 🙄

How are you calibrating it ? 

With the ones I bought from Oakley weigh when I bought it..

100g and a 10g.

I'm not 100 percent sure I calibrated it right but maybe 99 percent.

Off hand..

Press and hold cal button..

Press print then 100 comes up.

Put on the weight and press print again..

It does it's thing and end comes up..

Take off the weight and the zeros come up.

Press mode to change to grains..

Pop on the powder tray..

Rezero.

Neil. As already said. Leave it on for 30 mins - 1hr before you even look at it. Also The temperature of the weights should be stabilized to the same temperature where the calibration is to be done. If you have the weights somewhere warmer even slightly they will change temp when they cool down so don’t leave them on the windowsill for instance 😂but the leaving on to settle is a big one. As John says if you can leave them on standby when not in use. 

I find mine work well as I leave them on standby/ plugged in all the time . Occasionally use a test weight but usually just put the rcbs pan on and if it reads 126.94 grains like it always has then it’s tare  the scales and good to go .

cheers