A&D FZ120i

Jeffo1960

If you've spunked for a set of A&D scales already, I think you'd be mad not to buy an Autotrickler.

As 1oto2 says, Version 3 with the Bluetooth ready app is truly seamless and was a big step. Its great for load development for e.g. load 42.3gr then just tap +.01/+.1/+1 to load your next increment. Reliably throws to .02gr in <10s no bother.

Also found Adam a pleasure to deal with on several occasions - do it!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What GT3 said!

There is a V4 in the wings but the V3 is amazing.

Just had a look at the webpage and the version 4 looks great . All one unit to fit on top of the scales  . Should be worth waiting for . Twin motors and no powder thrower . Much more like industrial loss in weight feeders . 

16 hours ago, Jeffo1960 said:

A&D should be here in a couple of weeks,i have a target master with a web cam and tablet great bit of kit ,but i want to upgrade,debating weather to order the V3 and be done with it,or use my Dandy trickler

If you’re ordering a v3 and see if you can get a discount on shipping for 2 as I’m in same position as you and ordered the scales a 2 weeks ago and just considering a v3. Was going to wait for a v4 but could be 6-8 months before getting one of those. 

49 minutes ago, One on top of two said:

I put my name down with Adam to be a beta tester for version 4 at the start of the year .

fingers crossed 🤞 

Same as! although as Adam quite clearly states, the functionality will be no different, so for anyone thinking of an Autotrickler I'd say just buy a V3 - as V4 if you order now will be a loooong way off arriving.

i have emailed him if he has an approx date,for the  V4,and will decide wither to wait or not,if i order the v3 i will ask him about  discount on shipping bri25069,and will let you know what he says.

I guess you've seen this page: https://autotrickler.com/pages/autotrickler-v4

If you really want V4 but don't want to be without in the mean time, I'd stick your name down for a V4 and buy a V3 WITHOUT Autothrow as the lead time is only a couple of weeks - using a scoop or cheap Lee powder thrower to chuck the bulk of the charge is still a very efficient way to measure powder.

I've had V1/2/3, throwing with a cheapo Lee thrower was very little drama. Quite often would do that in favour of using autothrow if I was only loading a smallish number to save the hassle of emptying and cleaning out the earlier version autothrows. It will only add 2-3 seconds to the process tbh.

14 hours ago, GT3_richy said:

I gues youve seen this page: https://autotrickler.com/pages/autotrickler-v4

If you really want V4 but don't want to be without in the mean time, I'd stick your name down for a V4 and buy a V3 WITHOUT autothrow as the lead time is only a couple of weeks - using a scoop or cheap Lee powder thrower to chuck the bulk of the charge is still a very efficient way to measure powder.

I was thinking of that as I use a powder thrower then just hand trickle to weight  but it’s the hand trickling that drives me insane as my gem pros take ages to settle, hence buying the    120i scales. Could be an option. Can you zero pan then take back off and throw into pan and put it back on scales. Thought I had read some where, it was best to throw in to the pan when it’s sat on the scales and not remove it till required weight was measured 

I like it I am in the single SD digits now but only with one load, and it is a very slow process, hope the A&D will add a little more speed to my loading, another question I have how is the best way to set up the auto throw, and trickler, I have watched a lot of YouTube, can't wait to receive it

13 minutes ago, Jeffo1960 said:

I like it I am in the single SD digits now but only with one load, and it is a very slow process, hope the A&D will add a little more speed to my loading, another question I have how is the best way to set up the auto throw, and trickler, I have watched a lot of YouTube, can't wait to receive it

I’m only playing Jeff. The A&D won’t improve your loads much by the sound of things if your already getting single figures. It’s will help maintaining the consistency of your loads by a mile at a nice fast pace. 👍

that load was from my .223 the other evening with a 75 grain bullet. 
I have the same results with my .308 / 6.5 too