Precision Rifle World Championships

LONG RANGE CAPT

No i deer

Thank you for the question. The Great Britain Precision Rifle Association (GBPRA) have held five qualification matches in this season with our final match scheduled for 20 March at Orion Firearms Training. Shortly after, we will then announce the team that will represent Great Britain at the IPRF Worlds in France. If you would like to find out more:

www.gbpra.co.uk 

We are all very much looking forward to competing against the other 23 nations from across each continent in August. All of the major Precision Rifle shooting countries will be represented.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All posts appear to be visible now - not sure what the problem was - can’t see any tech issues

Hope the venue issues have been resolved and the competition does go ahead

27 minutes ago, Ronin said:

All posts appear to be visible now - not sure what the problem was - can’t see any tech issues

Thank you

The risk the competition faces now will be from the worrying situation with Russia, but time will tell.

Can you assist with getting the GBPRA UKV account back on-line please? I note it still can not post and while there is discussion here about the IPRF and GBPRA it would be good to hear from them directly. Many thanks.

1 hour ago, Guerrier Weg said:

Thank you

The risk the competition faces now will be from the worrying situation with Russia, but time will tell.

Can you assist with getting the GBPRA UKV account back on-line please? I note it still can not post and while there is discussion here about the IPRF and GBPRA it would be good to hear from them directly. Many thanks.

How about having just one account? The GBPRA account is not locked.

2 hours ago, Ronin said:

They were temporarily interrupted for approximately 30 minutes due to 3 accounts being opened within minutes of each other all posting in the same thread. Nothing has been edited or deleted.

@lapua - tiff isn’t involved with the GBPRA and hasn’t been since I or the others on the exec committee joined. His involvement with IPRF is irrelevant. Why should one person - who has not been on the PR scene since folding the PRL - worry anyone??  

There were many within GB who doubted the GBPRA and IPRF committee intentions and did so publicly and often in the most derogatory tone/ manner. Many of those same individuals have now attended and enjoyed the qual events, which we put on.

When we are running comps, we pay for our own accommodation, travel etc and are lucky enough to have volunteers who also put their time and effort in to assist, whether this be making barricades and helping set-up. 

We simply want to see the sport grow and a team go on to do well at the worlds. The divided community of last year needs to be left in the past as it can only signal the death of our sport. With us there is no ego, no drama, just shooting with mates, in as competitive a manner as each individual wants. If in doubt, pitch up at an event and see for yourself. 

best Tim 

sec. GBPRA 

24 minutes ago, Brushy said:

@lapua - tiff isn’t involved with the GBPRA and hasn’t been since I or the others on the exec committee joined. His involvement with IPRF is irrelevant. Why should one person - who has not been on the PR scene since folding the PRL - worry anyone??  

There were many within GB who doubted the GBPRA and IPRF committee intentions and did so publicly and often in the most derogatory tone/ manner. Many of those same individuals have now attended and enjoyed the qual events, which we put on.

When we are running comps, we pay for our own accommodation, travel etc and are lucky enough to have volunteers who also put their time and effort in to assist, whether this be making barricades and helping set-up. 

We simply want to see the sport grow and a team go on to do well at the worlds. The divided community of last year needs to be left in the past as it can only signal the death of our sport. With us there is no ego, no drama, just shooting with mates, in as competitive a manner as each individual wants. If in doubt, pitch up at an event and see for yourself. 

best Tim 

sec. GBPRA 

Well said. The GBPRA has mostly moved on and has done a lot of work to grow Precision Rifle shooting in the UK as have many others, SIS, RMPRA, PRS UK to name a few.

The IPRF World Championships, originally announced as being in Spain, then Hungary and now France may or may not go ahead but from the sidelines it looks like another example of a good idea poorly executed.

If more information comes to hand on what may or may not be happening I will share it, I don't need anyones permission. Open debate is healthy.

3 hours ago, lapua said:

Are GBPRA or IPRF going to make a statement about tiff dews involvement as this seems to be the fuel for a lot of the BAIRS memes? Clarity on this would be beneficial…

Hi

Further to Tim’s comments above, I can add that Tiff is no longer involved in the IPRF. Should be an official statement shortly, websites updated, etc.

12 minutes ago, Guerrier Weg said:

GBPRA account still locked. Would like to manage both accounts, if that’s ok? Would be good to have a personal account when not commenting as the Association.

It does not appear to be locked and was active 10 mins ago. We don't have 'Association', 'Organisation' or 'Club' Accounts, post as an individual and not as a faceless spokesperson.

Screenshot 2022-02-25 at 13.38.07.png

18 minutes ago, Guerrier Weg said:

Hi

Further to Tim’s comments above, I can add that Tiff is no longer involved in the IPRF. Should be an official statement shortly, websites updated, etc.

This is a positive. As it was Tiff who objected to any discussion on behalf of his then company on here. 

I still object to participants fees being used to fund participants going to the “world championship” when the top shooters are sponsored in the first place.

Keeping costs down makes it more accessible to new comers and is far more likely to grow the sport. 

Elite athletes going to the Olympics have to find their own funding and I am sure the same goes for F class shooters attending international competition. 

34 minutes ago, Guerrier Weg said:

Hi

Thanks for the clarification, that should see to the end of the less funny memes!

in all seriousness, keep up the good work, im enjoying the pr22 and hope to return to the centrefire scene when the comps dont clash with my personal commitment's, more comp days  and less training days is the way to grow it, imvho.

3 minutes ago, Scotch_egg said:

This is a positive. As it was Tiff who objected to any discussion on behalf of his then company on here. 

I still object to participants fees being used to fund participants going to the “world championship” when the top shooters are sponsored in the first place.

Keeping costs down makes it more accessible to new comers and is far more likely to grow the sport. 

Elite athletes going to the Olympics have to find their own funding and I am sure the same goes for F class shooters attending international competition. 

Another misconception. All event fees go to the range. We hope to support the Great Britain Team’s participation at the Worlds with other funding sources. Otherwise, each shooter will have to fund travel themselves, but as it’s now in France that shouldn’t be onerous. 

Not all top shooters are sponsored and no one who is receives full recompense for their shooting.

2 minutes ago, lapua said:

Thanks for the clarification, that should see to the end of the less funny memes!

in all seriousness, keep up the good work, im enjoying the pr22 and hope to return to the centrefire scene when the comps dont clash with my personal commitment's, more comp days  and less training days is the way to grow it, imvho.

Thank you! Good to hear you’re enjoying PR22 👍

In terms of membership fees, the menial fee currently charged (most folks paid 24 quid if early joiners of the association) is basically recovered in one trip to Orion where members get a £20 saving per event, compared to non-members. Add that up over half a dozen shoots in a year and it makes sense to join. 

Of course, as shooters ourselves we are aware that costs continue to spiral (range fees and consumables) and will do what we can to keep thing affordable.

For example, range fees may be relatively fixed and uncontrollable but If there any companies/ businesses who want to offer our members a discount on consumables (for example) that can help off set costs for the average Joe. Indeed, such companies will likely get loyalty from a group of ‘high consumers’ (powders, primers, bullets, barrels, bags etc etc) which will likely be of a long term financial benefit to themselves and helps offset costs for the shooters. 

Another slight ramble but again, hopefully this helps understand our desire to promote grass roots and a ‘wide base’ for the sport . 

30 minutes ago, No i deer said:

What is wrong with a profit being made from comp days and kept in a pot that can then help subsidise shooters in the gb team going to the WC 🤔.

That's how it works with F class that I'm aware of..

There is no right or wrong answer. It’s simply felt that the range fee is already at a level that makes adding extra on top infeasible. If funding for travel to the Worlds can come from other sources it’s felt best to progress via that route rather than from shooter’s range fees.