Precision Rifle World Championships

LONG RANGE CAPT

Now, this is something to look forward to in 2022! 

"The IPRF is excited to announce the inaugural Precision Rifle World Championships to be held in Europe from 14 to 17 July 2022. This event will see the world’s leading precision rifle athletes from more than 12 countries competing against each other in what will ultimately become the pinnacle of precision rifle competition worldwide.

The Championship format will incorporate a team and an individual event with four different divisions – Open, Limited, Factory and Classic. The Open Division is further split into five sub-categories – Men’s Open, Ladies’ Open, Junior Open (18yo and under), Senior Open (55yo and over) and MilLEO Open (Individuals on Active Military or Law Enforcement duty). This brings up to 32 athletes from each country to compete for team and individual championships.

Currently, the IPRF is constituted by 12 nations (Australia, Canada, Czech, Great Britain, Ireland, Italy, Namibia, Norway, South African, Spain, Sweden, United States), who have all committed to establishing a national democratically constituted sports association within each of their countries to continue to develop the sport of precision rifle. Many more countries are expected to join in the months leading up to the Precision Rifle World Championships."

We hope to be able to cheer on Benjamin Mcilwaine from the sidelines 👏👏

To read the full press release, head over to the IPRF website.

👉http://www.precisionrifle.org/media/

DC7E0997-DB8E-4A2F-B091-DBF8380ECD5B.jpeg

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyone ever heard of the Great Britain Precision Rifle Association? And if they exist who elected their published officials who are the UK contacts?

I’ve been shooting precision type rifle matches for quite a few years and have even organised PR type matches for non-profit purposes in support of the RBL, but I’ve never heard of the GBRPA. 

Have the winners been posted yet for the 2022 Comp 

“Think your the best, now get beaten by the rest” 

“Ride my ego, ra ra ra”

Think I, like many others here will take this new “announcement” with a large pinch of salt 

This also explains the “hissy fit” we were unfortunate to witness on the forum over the Guardian Series shoot in Ireland in 2019

Was a done deal and sewn up back then eh ,,,,,

Caveat Emptor new people

Wonder if the amusing comments on BAIRS Instagram will start again  

11 hours ago, John MH said:

Anyone ever heard of the Great Britain Precision Rifle Association? And if they exist who elected their published officials who are the UK contacts?

I’ve been shooting precision type rifle matches for quite a few years and have even organised PR type matches for non-profit purposes in support of the RBL, but I’ve never heard of the GBRPA. 

According to their website a Tiff Dew & Josh Martin are the UK reps.  It all seems very glamorous and international.  It's also illegally constituted in UK law,  breaches Age Discrimination law in limiting candidates for organisational roles to age 65yrs.

98% fur coat and 2% knickers I suspect.

Quote from their website:

"In the UK we are looking forward to the coming together of the world’s top shooters, says Josh Martin (Precision Rifle GB). “You may think you’re in the top tier of shooters within your country, but you could quite easily be outshot by many of the world’s best. So the World Champs will give everyone a realisation of their skills as a precision shooter. The best thing is the excitement that this will bring. It’s the first time in the history of precision rifle shooting that its been possible.”

It isn’t April the first is it , have I missed a month or two ,,,

Just now, Ronin said:

It isn’t April the first is it , have I missed a month or two ,,,

😁     The list of countries is just wonderful,  puts that professional veneer on it......

I put it down to covid related isolation.

Great to see this. It's only in the UK that people whine when others get off their butts to take our community forward.

Scott Satterlee is President. If he's running the show it will be one worth attending, or at least holding judgement until we see how things progress. 

The UK needs a body running it, independent from the ranges that hold the comps and not wanting to make profit. Until then it will never be a success. It needs to be open book and fair to all competitors, which it isnt now. Let the ranges do the work and make a reasonable profit, but the league should be a separate entity and have no commercial interest. Its a great sport, but its going backwards at the moment in the UK. 

17 minutes ago, TJC said:

Great to see this. It's only in the UK that people whine when others get off their butts to take our community forward.

Scott Satterlee is President. If he's running the show it will be one worth attending, or at least holding judgement until we see how things progress. 

I do hope it works out but its already tainted following last years open range war. I just want to shoot without having to see all the shooting 'politics' going on in public.

1 minute ago, John MH said:

I do hope it works out but its already tainted following last years open range war. I just want to shoot without having to see all the shooting 'politics' going on in public.

100%. Let’s just leave last year to the past and be open-minded on the future.

At the end of the day I am excited...other people seem to be working hard to arrange more opportunities for me to shoot and meet like-minded people - that’s all most of us really want. I’m sure there will be issues along the way but there are a lot of good people driving this and I’m sure if we show positive support at the start, we will collectively have the outcome we want in the end. 

18 minutes ago, TJC said:

100%. Let’s just leave last year to the past and be open-minded on the future.

At the end of the day I am excited...other people seem to be working hard to arrange more opportunities for me to shoot and meet like-minded people - that’s all most of us really want. I’m sure there will be issues along the way but there are a lot of good people driving this and I’m sure if we show positive support at the start, we will collectively have the outcome we want in the end. 

I agree. Most people want to get out and shoot and meet some like minded people. 

I'm not interested in the politics. I just want to shoot with a good bunch of competitors. I welcome anything that increases opportunity to do so, whether it's Ventures like this, RMPRA, Gardner's, etc. 

Finances almost certainly won't allow me to enter the world championship but I certainly would if I could.

3 hours ago, Ronin said:

Have the winners been posted yet for the 2022 Comp 

DISQUALIFICATION – CHEATING
12.7.1. Cheating is defined as deliberately attempting to gain an unfair advantage over other competitors in an unscrupulous manner.
12.7.2. Examples of cheating include but are not limited to: practicing or proofing/dry firing any stage, exceeding the velocity or caliber rule, changing anything on a fellow competitor’s equipment, using equipment prohibited or excluded by match or stage rules, altering or falsifying score sheets or data in electronic scoring devices, deliberately altering props or barricades prior to the target being scored or engaged to gain advantage, or using assistance provided by Stage Officials to gain an advantage.

6 minutes ago, John MH said:

You need to get sponsored 😂🤣😂

Slimmer's World have expressed an interest...

Like most I just want to shoot and enjoy good company and banter.

To me the more venues and opportunities the better.

PRL has become a moot point for me as even though I love it and have shot at a number of venues since it started up......  I simply can't afford the costs which have escalated well beyond what I can run to.

I am pinning my hopes on the MQC and RMPRA continuing to provide good value 'bread and butter' shooting at a sensible cost, at venues I can actually get to without massive travel and accomodation costs.....  and with friendly faces turning up.

Having said all that I hope Tiff and Josh et all find success because I have seen first-hand the amount of effort and dedication it takes.....  and we are TRULY short of UK venues to shoot steels. Paper just doesn't float my boat any more.