Precision Rifle World Championships

LONG RANGE CAPT

My humour is wasted 😂😭

"I hear the Oceania Precision Rifle Confederation is much the same; one long dogfight between the team captains of the French Polynesia and Tokelau teams."

it's an absurdity intended to shine light on the insanity of the published document's supposed reach... Oceania PR Confederation? Tokelau?  

Dislocated from reality.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, brown dog said:

(And disappointed no one got my  French Polynesia joke earlier 😂😭)

Oh, I did but forgot to post appreciation, apologies 🙂

43 minutes ago, Gandy said:

My fave joke recently is:

The Norwegian navy have pained bar codes on the side of all their ships. 

When they dock they Scandinavian. 

Now take your M4 comment back....

😂

The “World Championship” bit seems odd to me.... with just 12 countries. For a while I helped in a small way with organising aspects of the Czech International police sniper competition- it’s been going for more than 20 years with 120-160 participants per year, I think at one point I can remember 26 countries taking part ( even South Africa and  Mongolia). Yet I don’t think anyone  would call it more than an international event ( not World anything).

As a range owner I’ve had several organisations saying affiliate to us (usually cost around £1k annually) and you get to use their logo and are on their mailing list to their clients. They are also charging their clients to be on that mailing list - in effect acting as a middle man talking money from both ends. The friction starts with things like accident liability and  booked but not used dates. Really just not worth the hassle. This is how I read the organisation / business model for this event.  I could well be wrong and overly cynical - just what I have learned from experience.

1 hour ago, Gandy said:

My fave joke recently is:

The Norwegian navy have pained bar codes on the side of all their ships. 

When they dock they Scandinavian. 

Now take your M4 comment back....

God’s teeth man ( but I’ll use that in my next meeting with Equinor 😂)

T

2 hours ago, TSG said:

I think this may have something to do with NRA approval and getting representation as a discipline on the NRA general council which can give access to funding for overseas shooting. Just a guess.......

Yes , that makes sense or trying to get funding from somewhere .

I believe the Tutu and Hutsi Precision Rifle Leagues have they same discussions

THe international league will go a long way to promote world peace and harmony

I believe the GB representatives will be forwarded for Nobel Peace prize soon  

That and heavily lined pockets 

Wow - I'm a bit gobsmacked!  When I first saw Long Range Captain's post on the PR World Championships I didn't even click on it - why would I  - I don't shoot PRS.  I'd love to if I were a bit younger though.

But, then I read through 60+ mainly negative posts.  What is the matter with PR shooters?  Surely this is a fantastic opportunity to get your discipline recognised internationally - not to mention the fun of taking part in an overseas international event.

My sport is rather less strenuous - Benchrest - but I've had the pleasure of representing the UK at many world championships - it's taken me to New Zealand, France, Austria, Italy, America, Spain, Sweden - I've had some great times and made some great friends. It's not just about pulling a trigger!

Guys - if you don't want to compete - fine - it's not compulsory but please, give it a chance - don't rubbish something before it even takes place.

8 hours ago, The Gun Pimp said:

But, then I read through 60+ mainly negative posts.  What is the matter with PR shooters?  

Guys - if you don't want to compete - fine - it's not compulsory but please, give it a chance - don't rubbish something before it even takes place.

I would like to get into competitive long range shooting and I'm quite excited by the challenges of the style of the PRL shoots and could see myself at least trying it out. There just seems to be a soap opera of some sort attached to the UK endeavour. From this thread it doesn't seem like neophytes would get a look in though. A bit off putting but I would still like to get involved.

I think that some degree of insight is needed before making any recommendation towards positivity 

There is a huge amount of “back story” and history here

If this organisation actually exists and does indeed act for promoting international steel plate competition, then the people on the committee need electing democratically like (for example) the GB F Class league committee 

At the moment it appears to be rolling in similar vein to a Sasha Baron Cohen I once watched 

Te sheer fact that so many have voiced their views here and elsewhere on other forums should put anyone on “alert”

28 minutes ago, SchmidtP3 said:

From this thread it doesn't seem like neophytes would get a look in though. A bit off putting but I would still like to get involved.

I don't agree from its very inception the UK those putting on events have always been welcoming and those taking part always happy to help and share information, tips, skills etc.

I attended the inaugural national PR Match back in Oct 2018: INAUGURAL PRS GB UK COMPETITION

At that point the organisers of that event and similar events elsewhere in the UK were planning together how to take this type of match forward in the UK and forming a series of 'League' events. All looked good for the future, more matches, more venues and more fun.

At some point after that there was a falling out between the two 'prime movers', it quickly got nasty and abusive, especially on social media.

I've entered events from both camps since the 'fall out' and they are both well worth taking part in.

Unfortunately there appears to be a 'power/control' grab going on where one camp is moving forward to expand this type of shooting across the world, a laudable endeavour but, currently, it looks like its being poorly executed. Hopefully they can get it back on track, although I think there is some cronyism involved from what I can currently see.

1 hour ago, John MH said:

I don't agree from its very inception the UK those putting on events have always been welcoming and those taking part always happy to help and share information, tips, skills etc.

I attended the inaugural national PR Match back in Oct 2018: INAUGURAL PRS GB UK COMPETITION

At that point the organisers of that event and similar events elsewhere in the UK were planning together how to take this type of match forward in the UK and forming a series of 'League' events. All looked good for the future, more matches, more venues and more fun.

At some point after that there was a falling out between the two 'prime movers', it quickly got nasty and abusive, especially on social media.

I've entered events from both camps since the 'fall out' and they are both well worth taking part in.

Unfortunately there appears to be a 'power/control' grab going on where one camp is moving forward to expand this type of shooting across the world, a laudable endeavour but, currently, it looks like its being poorly executed. Hopefully they can get it back on track, although I think there is some cronyism involved from what I can currently see.

Thanks for your reply, good to hear that it was/is positive as it is something I'd really like to do in the future. I will look out for updates on how/when this might be re-starting and get involved!

11 hours ago, The Gun Pimp said:

Vince,

It is not a matter of 'if you don't want to compete-fine' - which is a sensible statement, it is the fact that you cannot complete unless nominated by the GBPRA, an new organisation set up by two people who have personal financial interest in the sport and without any consultation with the shooter, in fact it appears to have been done in secret, no published aims but apparently the official GB governing body - this is what's got up folks collective noses.

It is a great version of shooting sports, I very much enjoyed it (but now getting a bit old for it now) and would love to see it grow. It is how it has been highjacked that feels a bit wrong

52 minutes ago, terryh said:

Vince,

It is not a matter of 'if you don't want to compete-fine' - which is a sensible statement, it is the fact that you cannot complete unless nominated by the GBPRA, an new organisation set up by two people who have personal financial interest in the sport and without any consultation with the shooter, in fact it appears to have been done in secret, no published aims but apparently the official GB governing body - this is what's got up folks collective noses.

It is a great version of shooting sports, I very much enjoyed it (but now getting a bit old for it now) and would love to see it grow. It is how it has been highjacked that feels a bit wrong

Thank you for the replies/clarification. So it's all about the GBPRA right? Is this 'body' approved/affiliated to the NRA? 

We went through a similar 'rift' in the early days of the UKBRA - very difficult to form breakaway organisations as international shoot organisers will normally only deal with associations affiliated to their national body (the NRA).  If the GBPRA is affiliated to the NRA then surely it must hold an AGM - the place to sort things out.

36 minutes ago, The Gun Pimp said:

Thank you for the replies/clarification. So it's all about the GBPRA right? Is this 'body' approved/affiliated to the NRA? 

We went through a similar 'rift' in the early days of the UKBRA - very difficult to form breakaway organisations as international shoot organisers will normally only deal with associations affiliated to their national body (the NRA).  If the GBPRA is affiliated to the NRA then surely it must hold an AGM - the place to sort things out.

I may have got the wrong end of the stick here but it appears from the "constitution" that IPRF has set itself up as the organising body and GBPRA is not an NRA affiliated club - they claim they intend to organise and run shoots under the auspices of IPRF - a seemingly self selected body claiming international reach.  GBPRA does not claim any HO approved status etc so I'm unsure as to how they intend to operate other than as a commercial entity that puts on fee-paying events, attracting shooters either by application or invitation

Additionally they IPRF seem to be a different body to Precision Rifle Series (PRS) who also claim to run world championships etc (https://www.precisionrifleseries.com)

On 2/1/2021 at 11:31 AM, The Gun Pimp said:

I do not believe so and, as it does not yet 'exist' as an 'democratically constituted' association with any members other than the small cabal trying to set it up, NRA affiliation, approval or recognition is someway off.

On 2/1/2021 at 11:31 AM, The Gun Pimp said:

Chicken and egg situation, a good idea in principle. Problem is it looks a like the GBPRA is a self appointed association that is going to be part of the IPRF (same people setting up both). The IPRF (same people as the GBPRA) say the each nation has 2 years to set up a 'democratically constituted sports association', however the GBPRA have, on the face of it already declared themselves as the GB NGB for PR. And even if they cannot be considered the GB NGB by GB shooters the way the IPRF has been set up, if they (the GBPRA) were to considered to be an Affiliate Nation (under the draft IPRF Constitution) and as stated on the IPRF the GBPRA has 'have exclusive rights as a Member Nation for 2 years while they constitute their organizations'. So, in theory' for at least two years the GBPRA can dictate as the like in the UK whilst operation under the IPRF.

Under the IPRF published information GBPRA cannot be a Full Member or Associate Member of the IPRF as they are not currently 'democratically 
constituted' nor are they accepted by the 'national sport shooting federation' (I'm guess in the UK that's the NRA) as the official Precision Rifle Shooting Sport.

The IPRF named GBPRA representatives have not been democratically 'elected', however, that does not mean they may not be in the future; time will tell.

The launching of the IPRF, as far as the GB element goes, has not gone down well and from what I've seen of published communications with current PR event organisers its not been received well either.

Lets hope differences can be resolved.

24 minutes ago, Popsbengo said:

I may have got the wrong end of the stick here but it appears from the "constitution" that IPRF has set itself up as the organising body and GBPRA is not an NRA affiliated club - they claim they intend to organise and run shoots under the auspices of IPRF - a seemingly self selected body claiming international reach.  GBPRA does not claim any HO approved status etc so I'm unsure as to how they intend to operate other than as a commercial entity that puts on fee-paying events, attracting shooters either by application or invitation

Additionally they IPRF seem to be a different body to Precision Rifle Series (PRS) who also claim to run world championships etc (https://www.precisionrifleseries.com)

According to the IPRF "Constitution"

1. 28.1.  The Federation is Domicile in Dublin, Ireland, and is legally registered as a Nonprofit Organisation under the name: “International Precision Rifle Federation’

This appears to be in error - a quick check on Irish Companies and Irish Charity records shows no such thing.  To claim that would seem very dodgy to me.

1 hour ago, John MH said:

I do not believe so and, as it does not yet 'exist' as an 'democratically constituted' association with any members other than the small cabal trying to set it up, NRA affiliation, approval or recognition is someway off.

Chicken and egg situation, a good idea in principle. Problem is it looks a like the GBPRA is a self appointed association that is going to be part of the IPRF (same people setting up both). The IPRF (same people as the GBPRA) say the each nation has 2 years to set up a 'democratically constituted sports association', however the GBPRA have, on the face of it already declared themselves as the GB NGB for PR. And even if they cannot be considered the GB NGB by GB shooters they way the IPRF has been set up, if they (the GBPRA) were to considered to be an Affiliate Nation (under the draft IPRF Constitution) and as stated on the IPRF the GBPRA has 'have exclusive rights as a Member Nation for 2 years while they constitute their organizations'. So, in theory' for at least two years the GBPRA can dictate as the like in the UK whilst operation under the IPRF.

Under the IPRF published information GBPRA cannot be a Full Member or Associate Member of the IPRF as they are not currently 'democratically 
constituted' nor are they accepted by the 'national sport shooting federation' (I'm guess in the UK that's the NRA) as the official Precision Rifle Shooting Sport.

The IPRF named GBPRA representatives have not been democratically 'elected', however, that does not mean they may not be in the future; time will tell.

The launching of the IPRF, as far as the GB element goes, has not gone down well and from what I've seen of published communications with current PR event organisers its not been received well either.

Lets hope differences can be resolved.

Do they (GBPRA) have a website or Facebook page - I'm struggling to find one.