22 LR Average Group from your gun

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When i bought my last batch I got the lot that was 1064fps so not to get any crackers..

There was some tenex with 1086fps but I didnt want the fast stuff..

It seems to prefer sub 1060fps anyway..

Personally I've never bothered to chrony 22lr ammo but I do follow what others post.

• 3 months later...

Thought I’d give this thread a nudge.

Not been able to shoot much this year due to “life” but dusted off the Vudoo. 

certainly not shooting as well as I was last year, these are 10 round groups at 50y with SK LRM 

Looking forward to some R50 again soon hopefully! 

IMG_7700.jpeg.21b83fcb71bbc0427a7fe6faf7d960d2.jpeg

I picked up 500 of centre X yesterday to try in my CZ452 varmint. 

My current lot of eley match isn't so good..

Probably 650 of them to use up yet..

There more accurate than hunting ammo but not as good as some lots I've had.

11 hours ago, No i deer said:

I picked up 500 of centre X yesterday to try in my CZ452 varmint. 

My current lot of eley match isn't so good..

Probably 650 of them to use up yet..

There more accurate than hunting ammo but not as good as some lots I've had.

Nice, in the Vudoo I didn’t find any improvement with X over the SK LRM but the R50 was belting. 

I’ve been very unimpressed with Eley of late, I’ve even tried a couple of batches of tenex and the SD and grouping was worse than SK LRM. 
also tried team when that first came out as my old RPRR liked Edge and I was getting maybe 2/10 failure to fire, soured the brand for me a bit 

Tried out the centre X this evening..

Five shot groups at 50yds off a harris pod and a bean bag..

Top and bottom groups centre x

Middle groups my current lot of eley match..

They usually shoot a little tighter than that.

Probably some shooter error.

Bottom left the high shot was me 🙄20240515_204256.thumb.jpg.e8ed71d9ad7022543f50768e80413b13.jpg

I've got a 25 year old cz think it's the 452, had the barrel shortened to 12.5" and made a stock for it (my chubby hands feel awkward on the standard) and it shoots very tight at 50 and still good at 100. Had 10s of thousands of rounds through it and used just about every day.IMG_20240514_202512_326.thumb.jpg.c3d8dd1f9dedd5b5f5252f1d2b69bed5.jpgScreenshot_20240517_212428_Gallery.thumb.jpg.f49708ea7a303e0bf4582bfbba67f453.jpg

4 hours ago, No i deer said:

Nice groups.

I've had my CZ452 varmint nearing 25 years.

It too has seen lots of ammo

They take some beating for the price, shortening the barrel made it a tad more accurate 

First outing today with new Anschutz, know nothing about .22LR Bolt Action Rimfire but fired approx 150 rounds of 5 ammo types (SK Magazine, Eley Club, Eley Tenex, SK match and Norma Tac) on a target at 50 Meters. Best group was 10mm (centre to centre) with Tenex not sure if that is good or bad.

Need to operate bolt smartly to get the cases to eject to the side and away from the scope turrets.

image.thumb.jpeg.4b5162593a85870aa6dfd9d5675bf45c.jpeg

10mm sounds decent but it's likely to do better with the right lot..

You won't go wrong with tenex or match..!!

The centre X shot some 1/4 inch groups the other evening

I think I'd squeeze more accuracy out of my rifle if I shot off a bench on a more stable platform.

I'm usually shooting off the ground on a permission somewhere.

I've only go the standard trigger in it with a lighter yo dave spring in it..

I'd be interested in whether a new mod would change the accuracy as its seen lots of thousands of ammo..

I clean the throat occasionally and pull the boresnake through..

Borescoping it I feel its not dirty but a proper clean my improve the accuracy 🤷

I zeroed up my Ultimatum Deuce mid week so that one of my pals could shoot an NRL22 match with it. These were 2x 20 shot groups with it, shot at 50m using some random SK match I had. Needless to say he more than held his own at only his second time shooting NRL22.

I’d like to think that if I tuned this it would improve slightly.

IMG_7728.jpeg

IMG_7729.jpeg

Any chance of a few pictures of the Deuce, and your opinions on it to date?
I must admit to finding the adjustable headspace feature more than interesting, and it’s not particularly well known in the U.K.

1 hour ago, Ballistol said:

Any chance of a few pictures of the Deuce, and your opinions on it to date?
I must admit to finding the adjustable headspace feature more than interesting, and it’s not particularly well known in the U.K.

Mine hasn’t had the time put into it that I’d like, it’s been used as a donor rifle to keep other guns running as I’ve got a couple of other nice 22’s so it’s sat at the back of the cabinet for a bit. However it’s always shot superbly and there’s something about it that makes me smile!

I’m on the fence ref adjustable headspace, but then I’m more of a shooter than a tinkerer and haven’t needed to alter it. It’s a really well machined bit of kit - Check out the crown after shooting yesterday! I’ll definitely be using it more and it looks like I’ll be teaching a mates son to shoot PR22 with it.

One of my colleagues has around 10k rounds down his and loves it, it’s transformed his shooting. The Deuce is his first Gucci rifle and now he’s getting regular trigger time is improving his hit percentage every time out.

Mine is the patriotic one and my colleagues is the bright one! 

IMG_7799.jpeg

IMG_1436.jpeg

IMG_1437.jpeg

IMG_2927.jpeg

Thanks Charlts, 

They both look the dogs danglies, and I’m glad to hear that they are performing well.
It’s always nice to see something a bit out of the ordinary, and you’ve certainly given me food for thought. 

13 hours ago, Charlts said:

Mine hasn’t had the time put into it that I’d like, it’s been used as a donor rifle to keep other guns running as I’ve got a couple of other nice 22’s so it’s sat at the back of the cabinet for a bit. However it’s always shot superbly and there’s something about it that makes me smile!

I’m on the fence ref adjustable headspace, but then I’m more of a shooter than a tinkerer and haven’t needed to alter it. It’s a really well machined bit of kit - Check out the crown after shooting yesterday! I’ll definitely be using it more and it looks like I’ll be teaching a mates son to shoot PR22 with it.

One of my colleagues has around 10k rounds down his and loves it, it’s transformed his shooting. The Deuce is his first Gucci rifle and now he’s getting regular trigger time is improving his hit percentage every time out.

Mine is the patriotic one and my colleagues is the bright one! 

IMG_7799.jpeg

IMG_1436.jpeg

IMG_1437.jpeg

IMG_2927.jpeg

What Tuner are you using?

20 hours ago, Ballistol said:

Thanks Charlts, 

They both look the dogs danglies, and I’m glad to hear that they are performing well.
It’s always nice to see something a bit out of the ordinary, and you’ve certainly given me food for thought. 

Thank you. I’ll have mine at most of the NRL22 or PR22 matches, along with our Rim-X’s so feel free to grab me and get behind them.😊

6 hours ago, John MH said:

What Tuner are you using?

On the Deuce it’s an ATS unit, they’ve proven effective on everything I’ve used them on. I’d definitely recommend them.