Dodgy peepers.

foxyloxy

Hi guys.

Lately I've developed a really annoying habit / condition. Shooting at the bench I'm controlling my breathing and starting the trigger squeeze and the sight picture just goes to buggery.

Its as if the target seem to drift in and out of focus every few seconds. Its really frustrating.

Has anyone else experienced this? I tried a home blood pressure test kit when I got home and it came up as normal.

Also I'm experiencing "floaters". Any ideas?

Specsavers?

Thanks in advance.

There"s loads on the web about them, have a look, (scary some of them), but if you have regular eye tests dont worry, i"ve got them, do you notice that if you look at them they move? look up and down a few times (keeping your head still) and they will settle out of sight.

Floaters are bits of dead tissue sloshing about in the fluid between the lens and the retina..............they tend to get more frequent as you get older.

If they get in the way, try rolling your eyes a few times........works for me.

Pete

I think these syptombs pete has described is what iv started to suffer a bit of in the last 2 years maybe . But if i blinked a few timesit should clear . My right eye ( scope eye ) seems to suffer more than the left . But then im not trying to focus with left eye thru scope etc . Hopefully i will have many more years shooting , atm my eye sight is still very good in my opinion . Im 41 years , can we know your age foxyloxy ?

Staying positively hydrated is a serious consideration for your eyes. The first thing to start playing up is eyeball, even with small levels of dehydration. 

Also, if you are going in and out of focus, it is well worth going back to basics with scope ocular focus, as sometimes it can be a case of your eye bell being out of correct focus and your eye trying to correct it as it were. 

Eye check up and drink plenty of fluids, especially with the hot weather we are experiencing at the moment.

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 5:35 PM, Brummy Mark said:

Staying positively hydrated is a serious consideration for your eyes. The first thing to start playing up is eyeball, even with small levels of dehydration. 

Also, if you are going in and out of focus, it is well worth going back to basics with scope ocular focus, as sometimes it can be a case of your eye bell being out of correct focus and your eye trying to correct it as it were. 

Eye check up and drink plenty of fluids, especially with the hot weather we are experiencing at the moment.

I was going to post something similar to this, my eyes go to pot unless I'm well hydrated. 

Archived