Drying cases?

The Burpster

My cleaning regime is to tumble the cases in green media until clean enough to decap and resize. Then they go in rouged media to make them shiny.

All good so far.

Then I clean them in an ultrasonic cleaner to get rid of the polishing debris and any powder debris inside the case.

So now my question, does anyone have a 100% successful, easy way to thoroughly dry the cases with a minimum of physical input?

Each way I try I have tried, I have to check every case to ensure there is no water droplets still inside them before priming.

I use a food dehydrator that I brought off fleabay

Can dry 100 cases in an hour

Load up, set temp, and timer, leave it to it

I use one of these also, works really well

But the real answer is to get more brass!!

9D15C083-686F-4830-94BB-FE432D39FE26_zps

I use a food dehydrator that I brought off fleabay

Can dry 100 cases in an hour

Load up, set temp, and timer, leave it to it

Ditto here - does the job very well indeed - as we five trays I could accommodate 500 cases if I felt so inclined.

De-prime, then use ultrasonic to get them clean and shiny inside and out, then swill out with clean water. Next put them on a foil lined baking tray and low heat in the oven for 15 mins, then leave to cool. Resize and trim if needed. Never had any problem doing it this way. And groups as good as ever if i do my bit.

Have to say sonic cleaning doesn't get them as clean as a tumbler, but not far off!

J.

Roll cases inside a towel to take excess outside moisture off. Tap cases neck down on same towel to remove excess inside moisture, then on a tray in the airing cupboard over-night. Works every time.

Mmmmmm like the idea of the dehydrator, wasnt aware of those before now so thanks guys.

Most of the other suggestions I have tried except leaving in an airing cupborad as we dont have one of those..(oil fired central heating combi boiler!).

Always on a time schedule when reloading as daughter has horses and I am the main carer (groom) so I need a thorough and effective method. Tried hairdryers, hot air blowers, ovens and manual intervention.

Altough I quite like the holes in the bottom of a reloading tray type arrangement and the hairdryer. That has always been the problem with the hairdryer as the water just runs to the bottom and doesn't evaporate, blowing it out the bottom sounds like its worth a try in the short term.

Thanks guys, always open to new ideas so keep em coming if your fave technique isnt here!

Just had a quick look on gleebay and there is a huge variety of dehydrators, are you guys using the expensive ones or the sub £30 ones (I guess I'm asking is spending more worth it or does it just get more capacity?).

Just had a quick look on gleebay and there is a huge variety of dehydrators, are you guys using the expensive ones or the sub £30 ones (I guess I'm asking is spending more worth it or does it just get more capacity?).

It depends on what you use it for - I have a fairly good Swiss dehydrator, but I bought it originally for making beef jerky/biltong and for dehydrating fruit etc.,

Drying cases just happened as a secondary use.

Archived