Roundhouse Rifle Challenge II

Tiff

This second Roundhouse Rifle Challenge will be held on Saturday 28th September. (Update - Date Changed)

The location on Bodmin Moor is the same and the day will be as challenging as the first - possibly more so...

For those not familiar with the event, to save repetition, a lot of generic information can be found in the first Roundhouse Rifle Challenge thread. Although to save confusion I will add:

It is not a rifle range. The rifle you use on the day must be your own and be conditioned for field shooting - i.e fox, deer or AOLQ & for zeroing over ground you have permission on etc. You must also have your own valid shooting insurance and not be subject to a 'mentoring condition', unless accompanied by your mentor. This will all be checked on the day. Permission to zero will be granted on a daily basis, just like paid stalking etc. and the ground is cleared for fullbore by D&C Constabulary. The emphasis is on the shooter to be a safe shot and follow safe shooting practice, being responsible for every shot and every moment handling a firearm.

The COF will be released 1 week prior to the day, with all but one stage under 700 yards. .240/6mm is the minimum advised caliber and the round count will not exceed 100.

For people camping Friday night, please only arrive after 16.30 on Friday, due to another event being held earlier in the day.

The Saturday briefing will be at 08.30, with shooting finishing by 17.00

The entry donations are £40 for just the Saturday, £50 if staying in the bunkhouse or camping Friday night - full washroom and kitchen/dinning facilities are included.

There is currently no long range shoot planned for the Sunday, but if there is sufficient demand it probably can be arrange.

Entries for Saturday will be limited to 18. To secure a place, a full non-refundable donation will be required by Wednesday 25th September. Please sign up on this thread and I'll pm you with further details.

Many thanks,

Tiff

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

aaaaaaagh 21st is a no-go for me -don't suppose there's any chance of the date slipping by a week? (necky, but may as well ask :lol: ) - starting new project on the following Monday will need to have my head on straight

aaaaaaagh 21st is a no-go for me -don't suppose there's any chance of the date slipping by a week? (necky, but may as well ask :lol: ) - starting new project on the following Monday will need to have my head on straight

Change of plans at the shoot location - See latest post :)

G'day Tiff

Bugger!!!

Sorry mate can't do this one as it's Tamar Rangers Historic Iron Siight Comp, just over the hill at Millpool the same day.

Good luck with this one but count me in on the next one.

Mark

Update - change of plans at the shoot location, this shoot is now confirmed for Saturday 28th September. Sorry for the change, but judging by the posts above, it may be better for some people anyway.

Cheers,

Tiff

Archived