Roundhouse Rifle Challenge II

Tiff

Yup. So the requirement is 'not a prohibited person' rather than 'FAC holder' as I'd remembered it (Pete, a FAC holder of course is pretty definitively and demonstrably not a prohibited person - so it could be argued that they do have, in firearms terms, a different status to a non-FAC holder who has no such proof. ;) ).

“The term “occupier” is not defined in the Firearms Acts, nor has a Court clarified its

meaning. However, the Firearms Consultative Committee in their 5th Annual report
recommended that the provisions of section 27 of the Wildlife and Countryside Act
1981 be adopted. This states that ‘“occupier” in relation to any land, other than the
foreshore, includes any person having any right of hunting, shooting, fishing or taking
game or fish’. In the absence of any firm definition for firearms purposes, it is
suggested that each chief officer of police may wish to make use of this definition.”

So anyone with shooting rights is an occupier.

This will include temporary shooting rights. Eg rented shooting rights.

Ergo, shooters with rented shooting rights (eg at a comp such as this) can lend firearms within the other constraints.

...but Tiff clearly has to go with his local advice. :)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I'm still hoping. Firearms people called me today saying all approved and to send my FAC in and they will get it back asap. Ordered a Tikka t3 in .308 from local dealer and waiting for a call back from him.

Tiff

just checking in to make sure you have my payment

is their a list yet of who's attending

Hi Mash,

Yes, donation all received thank you.

The current list of confirmed entries is:

PCal

JohnMH

Walkabout

Bushdog

Mash67

Oaken

If anyone has enquired and I've forgotten to send donation details over, please pm me. For those that attended before, bank account details are the same as last time.

I will need to close entry a couple of days in advance, so I know how many people are attending and can write/modify the COF accordingly. If you've already expressed an interest, but are waiting on paperwork, rifles etc. no problem, I'll add you in to my planning as provisional entries.

Many thanks for all the interest so far,

Cheers,

Tiff

Im really looking forward to this, the last one was really well put together and a lot of fun so expecting even better this time.

The location is breathtaking and a rare opportunity to shoot in such a challenging environment. Its very similar to WMS in Wales but at a small fraction of the cost.

There is even a cozy bunkhouse to stay in........

Im really looking forward to this, the last one was really well put together and a lot of fun so expecting even better this time.

The location is breathtaking and a rare opportunity to shoot in such a challenging environment. Its very similar to WMS in Wales but at a small fraction of the cost.

There is even a cozy bunkhouse to stay in........

Thank you for the kind words.

Here are a few approved pictures, to give a slight idea of what to expect.

RRCApprovedPic2_zps5b502b59.jpg

RRCApprovedPic_zpsac58366d.png

RRCApprovedPic3_zpsbbd09fd0.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well done Tiff another excellent and challenging shoot given some of the showers and the occasionally brutal gusting wind. Very satisfying to see the Snipers Hide target head reacting when hit at 640 yards.

For those that have not taken part in one of these shoots you are missing out on a great opportunity.

Please make sure to support the next one, it needs a decent turnout to reward Tiff for his efforts and secure its future.

Great to meet some like minded people.

Excellent shooting by the 'Young One' again and I now know where a deer's heart is :-)

Yep - another cracking shoot, with the emphasis on "challenge" (speaking as one who did not step up to the challenge fully!!). Well done young PCal.

I particularly enjoyed the exploding coconuts!! And the clang of steel at 640. (When I managed to connect with it).

Gun currently sitting on the radiator!!

Excellent shoot.

Thanks Tiff.

Thanks Tiff

Another great day of top quality gun fun.

Shooting consecutive gongs at 200, 275, 500, 650, then back to 500, 275, 200, then back to 650, against the clock with a lively side wind really got my grey matter working!

Exploding coconuts! Love it :-D

Very well done to Paul, damn good shooting old boy.

Tiff, If you do decide to run a long range challenge for shooter/spotter pairs, count me in.

In fact how many do you need to make a private booking? An idea of costs and availability?

Rup

Thank you to everyone who attended and for making it a very enjoyable day.

The relatively low turnout provided a great opportunity to experiment with the shooting positions, timings, targets etc. The positive/constructive feedback from the day was extremely useful and suggestions will be implemented in future shoots (including a dedicated long range pairs day) - details to follow in a new thread.

Well done again to PCal for 'achieving the best zero', by another convincing margin. However, the general standard of shooting was very high all round, with some excellent shooting on many of the stages (that were undeniably challenging....). I recall everyone hit the little hanging coconuts at 275 yards first time, with five people hitting the small 65mm firebird with explosive results.

Thank you for your continued support and planning has already started for RRC III.

Tiff

Well done Tiff

Another great day...normal Bodmin weather which added to the challenging course of fire.

I will definitely be at the next, I love the idea of long range pairs.

Also thanks again to Tiffs Parents for a stirling job in the woods!

Mark

As has been said before, it was another brilliant shoot! We had a good range of different stages, from the standard 100 yard zero to the not so standard stage which involved shooting from 5 different points off and around a big swing shovel, thankfully Tiff didn't have it moving! (Rifles Only eat your heart out...). Exploding coconuts gave a new definition to the term 'reactive target'. The longer range element of the day was especially tricky with a stiff easterly wind and intermittent rain. The final stage involved having only one shot at a steel plate at 200, 275, 500, 650 and then back again under time pressure which really got the brain working, I think I will burn my ballistic data into my memory for the next one.

It was a shame to have only 7 shooters for this challenge however it did not impede the enjoyment of the day, it would be good to see a better turn out in future challenges to reflect Tiff's efforts in setting these challenges up. Don't miss out on the opportunity to really push yourself and your kit, you will learn a lot.

Roll on the next one!

Archived