Roundhouse Rifle Challenge II

Tiff

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all I would love to come and shoot with you all but my firearms refuse to let me unless I get land with fox/deer and get a mentor! does anyone know how I could possibly get round this?

Thanks

Rick

Not much help but do understand your position,,,,,,,I have tried to get two friends out on an open ticket or suitably worded conditions for invites etc etc and to add 308,s to their ticket,,,,,,,,no way!!!!!!will they consider such a thing,,,,,,, you have to have your own land/permission on which these cals and land has been approved first before they will consider opening up your freedom.

In someways I can understand where they are coming from but it does spoil the fun.I doubt there is any way round it.

As far as I know, the land is cleared for "fulbore" and so an open ticket is not necessary (Tiff please confirm).

Finding some land with deer or quarry that warrants a .308 for field use is the key, perhaps a covering letter from a deer stalking outfitter stating that you require a .308 rifle in order to humanely shoot deer on outings with them. Then, the rifle will be on your FAC for field use and you will be able take part.

its just an idea and good luck with pursuing it!

Ultimately, these challenges are designed to help you to improve your shooting in the field and increase the likelihood of dispatching quarry humanely. It would greatly benefit the people who have recently put in for .308 or similar calibre for field use.

As far as I know, the land is cleared for "fulbore" and so an open ticket is not necessary (Tiff please confirm).

Tiff confirms :)

Also it has been decided there will only be shooting on Saturday, so no Sunday long range option this time.

Ok, places are starting to go for Sat 28th September. Confirmed entries so far are:

PCal

JohnMH

Walkabout

Bushdog

Mash67

13 Places remaining & I will update this post as required.

Cheers,

Tiff

Would love to

However trying to get any modern-day combination of field shooting, land permissions and then NOT be subject to an onerous 'mentoring condition', is becoming virtually 100% impossible

Sadly I cannot see Hampshire ever giving me the nod

Can I have field shooting condition? - "not without the necessary experience"

Can I get the necessary experience? - "not without a mentor"

Can I get a mentor? - "not without a field shooting condition"

Considering my recent background this is an utter clusterspiral staircase of a system

Anymore takers?

The first shoot was excellent, this one promises to be even better so come on and sign up.

Thanks for the ongoing support. It's just over three weeks away now and still plenty of spaces left! Don't all rush at once......

Lateo - if you have suitable land permissions 'in hand', contact BASC and I'm sure they'll help getting fox/deer/AOLQ etc. added.

Thanks for the ongoing support. It's just over three weeks away now and still plenty of spaces left! Don't all rush at once......

Lateo - if you have suitable land permissions 'in hand', contact BASC and I'm sure they'll help getting fox/deer/AOLQ etc. added.

Tiff,

I'm a possible. I'm just waiting on MJR - I'm dependent on him for a loan rifle for the day as I'm currently rifleless. Should be able to give go/no go later today. It'll be both of us or neither of us :)

Tiff,

I'm a possible. I'm just waiting on MJR - I'm dependent on him for a loan rifle for the day as I'm currently rifleless. Should be able to give go/no go later today. It'll be both of us or neither of us :)

Hi BD,

Unfortunately you cannot shoot the day with a borrowed rifle I'm afraid - since there is no legal way of doing this outside of a range/H.O. approved club or using the estate rifle....Would love to be told otherwise (make life a lot easier for people), but I have not been able to find it in the guidance/law :(

However if you have .308 / 7.62x51 on your FAC so you can bring your own ammo (I can provide load data etc.) & a scope in Picatinny mounts ready to attach, you are more than welcome to borrow the 'Estate Rifle' - an AIAE MKIII 7.62X51 20" + brake in Viperskins :). You will get a chance to zero etc. before it starts. Is that any good?

I think, it's legal to borrow a rifle if you're a FAC holder and stay in the company of the person lending it - no different, for eg, to shooters on a range asking to take a couple of shots through each other's rifles.

Scope -thanks, yup could do that :) I'll drop you a PM.

I think, it's legal to borrow a rifle if you're a FAC holder and stay in the company of the person lending it - no different, for eg, to shooters on a range asking to take a couple of shots through each other's rifles.

Scope -thanks, yup could do that :) I'll drop you a PM.

Only if the person lending the rifle is the 'occupier' of the land (or servant thereof) , ie, Tiff, thus the offer of the 'estate rifle'

So, in theory, if I'm foxing, my lamp man can't use my rifle, unless it is on a farm I'm 'employed by the occupier' to do pest control on. Thankfully, keeping any game or deer I take satisfies 'payment of employ' thus making me a 'servant of the occupier'

Only if the person lending the rifle is the 'occupier' of the land (or servant thereof) , ie, Tiff, thus the offer of the 'estate rifle'

So, in theory, if I'm foxing, my lamp man can't use my rifle, unless it is on a farm I'm 'employed by the occupier' to do pest control on. Thankfully, keeping any game or deer I take satisfies 'payment of employ' thus making me a 'servant of the occupier'

Think that's the situation if the borrower doesn't have a FAC?

Think that's the situation if the borrower doesn't have a FAC?

and that makes what difference ??

Your FAC is a licence for you to hold and use the guns listed, that's it.

It doesn't mean that because you have a 308 listed, that you can use 'any' 308.

It doesn't make you special, it doesn't give you super powers.

As far as 'estate rifle' rules go, it doesn't differentiate between FAC holders or not, as long as the 'borrower' is over 14, and isn't a prohibited person (ie, spent over six months at her majesty's pleasure) then that's it.

If 'bob' can lend you a rifle, and he isn't the occupier, then the way to do it, is to add it to your FAC as 'lent' assuming you have a spare slot.

If tiff lends you one, as the occupier, that's fine, as long as you are accompanied by him.

And, you must use that rifle within the conditions for it on the FAC it is listed on, so if it doesn't have (for eg) deer, you can't use it on deer, even if your ticket has deer for any or all of your guns listed.

An occupier is anyone who has been granted permission to shoot on the ground. This was covered today in the bds deer management course i atended, in the legal section of the course. It means when i am guiding for no reward or wage,on someone else's lease, i can lend my rifle to a non prohibited person. Fact. According to chris howard and the bds.

Archived