Tacticool elegance

Elwood

This was my old F class rifle that has now been replaced with a .284 Shehane, so I thought I would give it a make over.

The barrel was 32 inches so I had Andy (Ronin) cut 8 inches off the chamber end, getting rid of all the fire cracking and general nastiness and re-chambered in the same caliber 7WSM that feeds from a magazine. The barrel ended up being a manageable 24 inches.

The side skins are Viper skins and very nice they are too.

The pattern is traditional walnut which has been darkened and done by Hydrographics, another superb job on their behalf.

The coating is Cerecoat and was done by James Clark at Jager.

The side picatinny rail is a piss take :)

PICT0045-1.jpg

PICT0044-3.jpg

PICT0043-1.jpg

PICT0042.jpg

PICT0040-1.jpg

PICT0053.jpg

And Terry, thank you.

Looks a tidy piece of kit, but I would be lying if I said I liked the wood effect, or if I were an art critic I could talk about the sense of irony it evokes given its tactical stock in a classic well hewn mahogany esq finish

Nice rifle in any case!

or if I were an art critic I could talk about the sense of irony it evokes given its tactical stock in a classic well hewn mahogany esq finish

Nice rifle in any case!

Gandy, that's exactly what I was trying to achieve, so thank you :)

I had the idea of doing the AI stock side panels a few years ago but never had the bottle to actually do it.

This guy did have the bottle which made my mind up for me.

DSC_0023-2.jpg

This was my old F class rifle that has now been replaced with a .284 Shehane, so I thought I would give it a make over.

The barrel was 32 inches so I had Andy (Ronin) cut 8 inches off the chamber end, getting rid of all the fire cracking and general nastiness and re-chambered in the same caliber 7WSM that feeds from a magazine. The barrel ended up being a manageable 24 inches.

The side skins are Viper skins and very nice they are too.

The pattern is traditional walnut which has been darkened and done by Hydrographics, another superb job on their behalf.

The coating is Cerecoat and was done by James Clark at Jager.

The side picatinny rail is a piss take :)

PICT0045-1.jpg

PICT0044-3.jpg

PICT0043-1.jpg

PICT0042.jpg

PICT0040-1.jpg

PICT0053.jpg

And Terry, thank you.

very nice

Mick

• 4 months later...

Archived