Jump to content
UKV - The Place for Precision Rifle Enthusiasts

Recommended Posts

Dear Dr Bradders

Yes, I always had my suspicions about Bradford.  I knew a Jessie once.  He was ex navy and had just thrown someone through a pub window.  When he asked me for a fag (in the days I smoked) I naturally obliged.  I take it that I did the right thing and what he really meant wasn't somehow tied up with navy traditions and bell bottoms?

Revert!!!!!!!   I resemble that remark!

I don't really know what I want to revert to.  You see, my old man was from Sheffield, and I was born and brought up during the troubles in Enniskillen.  When we moved (ahem...a forced move strongly advised by men in suits from the ministry of funny walks in whitehall) we went daaaaan saffff....well actually we went Safff West where strong in the arm, fik in de hed was something that southern jessies from Landan accused us of being....that and drinking fermented applejuice.  My dad basically hated anyone not from Yorkshire and encouraged me not to trust anyone who didn't own a whippet and flatcap.  I grew up thinking that Yorkshire was a principality and still did until this morning.

Diggle sounds very much like my local rifle club so I'm sure I'd fit right in.  Oh....I see what I just did there...😚

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, bradders said:

There was one F Classer, a malingerer called Hook, but he was lurking away in the Sick Bay

Not many Victoria Cross winners get called Malingerers.

Bisley is a fantastic venue, sadly a 530 mile round trip for me otherwise I'd be a regular down there again.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Enniskillen huh?

My Gt Uncle James Bradders, (Standing) R Inniskilling Fusiliers, 1915-1918, wounded 2nd day of the Somme

Grandad Michael Bradders (Seated) R Irish Fusiliers, 1914-1918, Salonica, Dardanalles, Western Front, Qual Sniper (I have certified proof)

26113824_10215266564368191_3584619758826

What you would call CSR types in modern day parlance, definitely not Ladypod® using Plinky Plonkers

I'm from Belfast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mdn8409 said:

Not many Victoria Cross winners get called Malingerers.

Bisley is a fantastic venue, sadly a 530 mile round trip for me otherwise I'd be a regular down there again.

 

He got the VC from taking part in CSR type shooting, in the sick bay he spent his time lying prone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he would recoil and vomit at being called 'civilian'
 

Moderately better than being confused with being Welsh. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we start talking about rifles, reloading and range days again, please, and I promise not to post any comment likely to be considered insulting or in any way controversial ever again...................

Attached is a pic of one of my mates (George) enjoying his supper.............

Pete

George.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why?

theres plenty of other threads to discuss all that day to day mundane stuff, and why does anything that’s slightly off course always have to end up with a “can’t we all just get along” comment or two thrown it?

stop being so precious everyone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, bradders said:

Why?

theres plenty of other threads to discuss all that day to day mundane stuff, and why does anything that’s slightly off course always have to end up with a “can’t we all just get along” comment or two thrown it?

stop being so precious everyone

Hear-hear to that. Or is it here-here ?

Re-Pete, surely you let the badger take cover before taking aim?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK Bradders, I wasn't going to mention this...........but you asked for it............................... I also feed a fox, and if I can't get to the hosepipe in time, cats, in my backyard..................

Pete

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have tried to be nice and to get everyone to get along.   But no more Mr Nice Guy.

The vast majority on here are a bunch of knobs,  puffs,  pansies,  freaks,  know it alls,  tossers,  gits,  when I was in the ........,  don't you know who I am,  I can shoot the arse off a bug at ....... yards,   hit an egg at 700yds with no sighters,  spiral staircasewits,  no idea of English grammar,  cannot fekkin spell,  boring bastards,  look at me in my camo gear don't I look real tough with my rifle,  I was on the balcony honest,  look at my shiny rifle oooooh how pretty it is,   what you shoot off a front rest,  real men only need a wall and a bi pod,   If I have offended anybody......  quite frankly my dear,  I don't give a damn.      If I am banned,  quite frankly my dear I don't give a damn.     Needed to get that off my chest.   Time for a cuppa and a ginger nut.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, That bald headed Geordie said:

I have tried to be nice and to get everyone to get along.   But no more Mr Nice Guy.

The vast majority on here are a bunch of knobs,  puffs,  pansies,  freaks,  know it alls,  tossers,  gits,  when I was in the ........,  don't you know who I am,  I can shoot the arse off a bug at ....... yards,   hit an egg at 700yds with no sighters,  spiral staircasewits,  no idea of English grammar,  cannot fekkin spell,  boring bastards,  look at me in my camo gear don't I look real tough with my rifle,  I was on the balcony honest,  look at my shiny rifle oooooh how pretty it is,   what you shoot off a front rest,  real men only need a wall and a bi pod,   If I have offended anybody......  quite frankly my dear,  I don't give a damn.      If I am banned,  quite frankly my dear I don't give a damn.     Needed to get that off my chest.   Time for a cuppa and a ginger nut.

Stop sitting on the fence!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bald Headed Geordie, which one of your categories do you think you fit into? ....................I'd say boring stripey deckchair if your choice of biscuits is anything to go by.................................😎

Pete

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, That bald headed Geordie said:

I have tried to be nice and to get everyone to get along.   But no more Mr Nice Guy.

The vast majority on here are a bunch of knobs,  puffs,  pansies,  freaks,  know it alls,  tossers,  gits,  when I was in the ........,  don't you know who I am,  I can shoot the arse off a bug at ....... yards,   hit an egg at 700yds with no sighters,  spiral staircasewits,  no idea of English grammar,  cannot fekkin spell,  boring bastards,  look at me in my camo gear don't I look real tough with my rifle,  I was on the balcony honest,  look at my shiny rifle oooooh how pretty it is,   what you shoot off a front rest,  real men only need a wall and a bi pod,   If I have offended anybody......  quite frankly my dear,  I don't give a damn.      If I am banned,  quite frankly my dear I don't give a damn.     Needed to get that off my chest.   Time for a cuppa and a ginger nut.

How strange? 🤔😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, That bald headed Geordie said:

I have tried to be nice and to get everyone to get along.   But no more Mr Nice Guy.

The vast majority on here are a bunch of knobs,  puffs,  pansies,  freaks,  know it alls,  tossers,  gits,  when I was in the ........,  don't you know who I am,  I can shoot the arse off a bug at ....... yards,   hit an egg at 700yds with no sighters,  spiral staircasewits,  no idea of English grammar,  cannot fekkin spell,  boring bastards,  look at me in my camo gear don't I look real tough with my rifle,  I was on the balcony honest,  look at my shiny rifle oooooh how pretty it is,   what you shoot off a front rest,  real men only need a wall and a bi pod,   If I have offended anybody......  quite frankly my dear,  I don't give a damn.      If I am banned,  quite frankly my dear I don't give a damn.     Needed to get that off my chest.   Time for a cuppa and a ginger nut.

So what are you trying to say...come on man, spit it out!? 🤣🤣🤣

You got Chris Evans round for tea then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Breacher said:

What on earth are you talking about ? I dont care what you do to squirrels and have never commented on it !!

I thought bradders was talking about someone else not you , my mistake , i wasn't being serious anyway . Atb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Roy W said:

Stop sitting on the fence!

Only just started Roy W.       Don't get me started on the lazy bunch of tw*ts that Benchresters are.   Fancy sitting on your ars*s on fancy stools and the only part of the rifle you touch is the trigger and at known distances,  what kind of bloody shooting is THAT!     Also the lazy sodding F class wan*ers lying there on overpriced shooting mats and again shooting at know distances and also using electronic targets,  get off your fat ars*s and get some camouflage gear on with real mens rifles and a bipod and do a spot of running back and forwards and shoot from manly positions.  What a bunch of gays they are.    While I am on a roll,   cowboy types who use underlevers,  if you want to be a bloody cowboy sod off to America and shoot some Indians you bunch of girls and I bet you love wearing Sherrif's badges and walking like John Wayne.   

Anyway I had my cuppa and ginger nut biscuits and very nice too.     Ta ta for now girls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Re-Pete said:

Bald Headed Geordie, which one of your categories do you think you fit into? ....................I'd say boring stripey deckchair if your choice of biscuits is anything to go by.................................😎

Pete

I am unique and will not be categorised.    I am not a number I am a free man.    But I am a benchresting puff and also an f class wank*r.    Not interested in dressing up like G.I. Joe (if you want to do that and shoot like a man,  join the fuc*ing Army,  Marines etc)    Think I need another ginger nut to calm myself down bonny lad.     Cheers ATB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, VarmLR said:

So what are you trying to say...come on man, spit it out!? 🤣🤣🤣

You got Chris Evans round for tea then?

 

Real men spit it out and don't swallow!     But I think that there are a few shooters on here to prefer the latter lol.   No offence to those who travel on the other bus darlings.      Chris Evans!    How very much dare you VarmLR.    He is bleedin' GINGER'      I absolutely detest those of a ginger persuasion.    Something seriously wrong with them and should be rounded up,   put in a field and bomb the b*stards.     Might have a Franzipan Crumble with my next cup of Earl Grey.     ATB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LMAO 😁🤣.

Bald headed Jordy what are you like 😁

Why I man I'm bald but not ginger 😁.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

F***ing funny stuff!! Makes me realise how lucky I am to have my own range of 1500 acres of beautiful Devon countyside that I can shoot what I want when I want. Mostly doing what all these rifles were designed for, killing stuff!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, BuckhurstBen said:

F***ing funny stuff!! Makes me realise how lucky I am to have my own range of 1500 acres of beautiful Devon countyside that I can shoot what I want when I want. Mostly doing what all these rifles were designed for, killing stuff!!!

I should really slag you off at being a fekkin' braggart,   ooooooh look at me,   me with all my land and you other poor suckers can go and do one,  while I can shoot for miles in any bloody direction,  so  ya boo suckers.   But I find that you might just be my new very best friend BuckhurstBen lol.   Have fun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

I wonder if this article has a junk problem attached as I have received 100 emails on this topic it's sending my computer in to overdrive.

Nick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, That bald headed Geordie said:

I should really slag you off at being a fekkin' braggart,   ooooooh look at me,   me with all my land and you other poor suckers can go and do one,  while I can shoot for miles in any bloody direction,  so  ya boo suckers.   But I find that you might just be my new very best friend BuckhurstBen lol.   Have fun

The feelings mutual. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

😂

Pete

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy