Congratulations to Ronin

Who I'm led to believe won the Diggle UK class league shoot this weekend in horrendous conditions in open class.

I know he's to humble to post this himself, so I thought I would do it for him.

Had it of been me I would have been leaping about shouting hoorah \ :angry: /

Well done Andy.

Looks like the Vaseline worked :blink:

Ian, all thanks,

what can I say, I am still in shock really.

The weather forecast was for showers on sat and showers with some bright spells on sunday.

It turned out to be nearly right.

Saturday the FTR lads shot first at 800 and 1000 with the open class chaps scoring, low cloud and precipitation prevented an early start, and it was about one O clock in the afternoon before we (Open Class) got onto the firing point,

The Diggle wind turned out to be fickle , although settled into a steady ish 6mph from 5 oclock when we shot the 800 and 1000 details in the afternoon.

I managed a 74.9v at 800 (which I was well pleased with) and at 1000 shot a 68.5v despite having two 3's due to sudden (unexpected) which changes - which I should have spotted.

I was surprised to be told at the end of day 1 that I was leading, although it was pretty close for all of us.

No pressure then!

Today, the wind was switching direction, but it remained (relatively for Diggle), dry.

Back at the 800 yd point on the first detail, somehow I scraped a 75.12v, (stunned) and then dressed back to a 1000, I started badly with a 3 and a 2 (that wind problem again)

Anyway, I managed to hold it together and shot a 63.2v - the wind managed two directional changes during the detail, which caused several difficult decisions to alter the scope - although it worked in my case - ive started to dial in rather than hold off.

I wasn't really aware that I was still pole place untill my peers started congratulating me, then it started sinking in I had finally after 18 months won a comp :angry:

The weekend has been frankly, brilliant, the usual suspects taking the pxxs, and my time spent in butts marking with Dave (6mmBR) was easy and enjoyable company :angry:

Its quite humbling to have this achievment under my belt considering the world class competition.

I hope I can continue.

The 7mm/270 WSM is going to undergo and makeover in the winter months as at 900+ rounds the barrel is on its last legs and I have a few ideas for other chamberings...

For those thinking of taking up F Class - do it! its one of the most enjoyable disiplines I shoot, very friendly atmosphere and totally adictive. :blink:

Nice one Andy and many hearty congratulations to win the comp in not to easy conditions.

I suffered in the Diggle wind badly get a Desmond in the last 1000 yard detail (two two,s) ;)

Managed to snag 8 league points so not the end of the world.

It was a real pleasure to see Andy win.

Also his company and quips were spot on.

Hopefully next shoot we won't see so many Irish V bulls or V1 as Elwood calls them.

Cheers

Dave

Ian, all thanks,

what can I say, I am still in shock really.

The weather forecast was for showers on sat and showers with some bright spells on sunday.

It turned out to be nearly right.

Saturday the FTR lads shot first at 800 and 1000 with the open class chaps scoring, low cloud and precipitation prevented an early start, and it was about one O clock in the afternoon before we (Open Class) got onto the firing point,

The Diggle wind turned out to be fickle , although settled into a steady ish 6mph from 5 oclock when we shot the 800 and 1000 details in the afternoon.

I managed a 74.9v at 800 (which I was well pleased with) and at 1000 shot a 68.5v despite having two 3's due to sudden (unexpected) which changes - which I should have spotted.

I was surprised to be told at the end of day 1 that I was leading, although it was pretty close for all of us.

No pressure then!

Today, the wind was switching direction, but it remained (relatively for Diggle), dry.

Back at the 800 yd point on the first detail, somehow I scraped a 75.12v, (stunned) and then dressed back to a 1000, I started badly with a 3 and a 2 (that wind problem again)

Anyway, I managed to hold it together and shot a 63.2v - the wind managed two directional changes during the detail, which caused several difficult decisions to alter the scope - although it worked in my case - ive started to dial in rather than hold off.

I wasn't really aware that I was still pole place untill my peers started congratulating me, then it started sinking in I had finally after 18 months won a comp :P

The weekend has been frankly, brilliant, the usual suspects taking the pxxs, and my time spent in butts marking with Dave (6mmBR) was easy and enjoyable company :P

Its quite humbling to have this achievment under my belt considering the world class competition.

I hope I can continue.

The 7mm/270 WSM is going to undergo and makeover in the winter months as at 900+ rounds the barrel is on its last legs and I have a few ideas for other chamberings...

For those thinking of taking up F Class - do it! its one of the most enjoyable disiplines I shoot, very friendly atmosphere and totally adictive. ;)

what are the chance sof them getting a short winter league going andy, as time for us keepers is limited during the nice weather

Thanks to everyone for the kind words.

To those who asked, the vaseline was kept in its pot as it wanst too wet and besides that, there were too many sheep (and welshmen) around for them to be safe :P (thats the sheep)

Pics;

I havent any myself, but Laurie was busy with his camera - I know he has some and if they are posted, be aware that its light on the top of my head, not a bald spot.....honest ;)

Archived