www.ballisticservice24.eu

Re-Pete

Reply to my email enquiry to Heinz Sanders:

"Dear Sir ,
we ship within the EU only and after February 1st no longer into the UK
Friendly Yours
Ballistic Service
H.S."

If you don't use them, then it's of no interest............if you did, then Lapua bullets and cases are going to be a lot more expensive............

Pete

You can always purchase from other vendors who do supply the UK post brexit or arrange export licence from their end assuming your product requires it 

Yeah, but Herr Sanders prices were the best I could find...............or can you recommend an alternative?

Pete

No idea what you were ordering - am surprised the company is not willing to obtain an export licence for your order - most companies should be prepared for brexit and the possibility of the uk leaving after all they’ve had nearly four years warning ,,,,

As an aside I’ve just ordered some goods from skandinavia that require export permit and have been told it should be done by the end of the week - this week (I ordered yesterday ) 

Customer service supreme 

Lapua stuff in consumer quantities. Boxes of 1000 bullets and 100 cases...............even with shipping etc. they were cheaper than UK sourced stuff.

Pete

Hanams

Viking Arms 

Both UK importers of Lapua

Reloading International in the USA

excellent service from Mike if you order from him over there but be prepared for export permit fee 

I too don’t know why Ballisticservice24 don’t export. I’ve noticed a few other companies don’t either (a very good one in Luxembourg springs to mind). I guess it’s just way easier for them to ship to other European neighbours without the hassle/paperwork??

I shall miss them though. I got 4000x .338 bullets, 6000x 6.5mm bullets and some brass off them for a very good price. 

1 hour ago, Moorlander said:

Maybe Lapua are telling all their  retailers to stick to their territory or get no more stock ? 

Na, it’s been like that for years. I think they simply don’t have a policy for shipping outside the EU - possibly a German firearms export control thing which makes it hard for retailers to export to non EU countries ??

To your other point, I bet ballisticservice24 sells more Lapua products than all the UK retailers combined...they wouldn’t be threatened with being cut off.

Lapua are likely to see sales fall in the UK as prices go up and availability goes down. Bad for them and bad for us.

You reap what you sow.

I've made the decision this Christmas, that my shop will no longer carry reloading supplies from next year, apart from stuff I need myself.

Absolutely no point whatsoever is having thousands of pounds worth of stock, when folk are buying it abroad, or buying it from my local range at virtually trade price.

This is because of footfall past their door.

The money will be going into even more actions, barrels and stocks. The cut price whallers have no influence on that.

Not a problem for my business. I'm established enough to change .Some of the small guys couldn't.

Just remember when you buy a tub of powder from your local gunsmith, he may be relying on little scraps like that to survive. When he is no longer there, who will fix your guns ?

It certainly won't be the price gougers.

OK, the best UK price I could find for 1000 6mm 105gr Scenars is £407 + shipping..................Ballisticservice24 price is £296-07 including shipping to the UK.

I rest my case..............

Pete

14 hours ago, baldie said:

You reap what you sow.

I've made the decision this Christmas, that my shop will no longer carry reloading supplies from next year, apart from stuff I need myself.

Absolutely no point whatsoever is having thousands of pounds worth of stock, when folk are buying it abroad, or buying it from my local range at virtually trade price.

This is because of footfall past their door.

The money will be going into even more actions, barrels and stocks. The cut price whallers have no influence on that.

Not a problem for my business. I'm established enough to change .Some of the small guys couldn't.

Just remember when you buy a tub of powder from your local gunsmith, he may be relying on little scraps like that to survive. When he is no longer there, who will fix your guns ?

It certainly won't be the price gougers.

Bang on , it happens in other markets as well , precious penny pinchers then cry theres no insert shop type here  local to where they live , it`ll bite shooters on the arse when the only choice is SGC and the likes left and then you will then get well and truly financially raped.

28 minutes ago, Scotch_egg said:

It shouldn’t be as we are still in Europe at the moment. 

Yes it should be , you will always pay the VAT in the country of origin unless you are a UK VAT registered business then its zeroed at source .

Edit , post Brexit you wont be charged VAT at source on European purchases BUT there will be import duty , around 8% then VAT on top of everything , payable to HMRC  , VAT registered businesses will claim the VAT back but still have to charge VAT on the items when they are sold, expect all guns and related products from the EU to go up by at least 8% , stuff from the US will remain the same as today.

Shootingsupplieseu have recently put a post on facebook 

Dear Customers!
Yes, it's quiet some time that you haven't heard from us. You've seen on our Website that we are selling out all our products. So, here is what happens:

Since the attacks in Paris (Bataclan) we were aware that the will be a new law with new rules in Europe. Mostly a ban on high cap magazines and more strict rules for selling components. Both were a major business for us. So we had to make a decision : Close the shop or restructuration.

We have choosen the second option.

We have been selling out our stock since September with really good Deals for you. In the meanwhile, we have decided to continue business with only to many manufacturers left: LYMAN and REDDING.

We will restock both manufacturers in the first quarter of 2020 and we will continue to offer outstanding service and the best price.

All other items will go offline as soon as the will be sold out and other items will no longer be available on our site. 

Thanks for your support and your understanding!

The entire Team wishes you a Merry X-mas and a happy and prosperous year 2020!

maybe this has some bearing on the choices some suppliers have made.

Perhaps now people realise why it was and is so important to support uk providers - but I think it’s a little late for that 

12 hours ago, Moorlander said:

Yes it should be , you will always pay the VAT in the country of origin unless you are a UK VAT registered business then its zeroed at source .

Edit , post Brexit you wont be charged VAT at source on European purchases BUT there will be import duty , around 8% then VAT on top of everything , payable to HMRC  , VAT registered businesses will claim the VAT back but still have to charge VAT on the items when they are sold, expect all guns and related products from the EU to go up by at least 8% , stuff from the US will remain the same as today.

Why would the import duty be set at 8% for items from EU country when from the US its 2.7%?

In addition to the facebook post , i’ve also been told ( but not seen it in print) that the carriers are either refusing or placing greater restrictions on deliveries of shooting related goods, I asked about an order with reloading international this year and they now require you to use a freight agent this side as they say they are unable to use parcel force. With the current exchange rate , these additional costs  meant that to me the saving was not worth the investment.

The problem is that the UK market for shooting products is small, there are no domestic manufacturers and so just about all of it has to imported either by individuals or business, running a business in the UK is an expensive undertaking especially when you factor in capital tied up in stock that may sit there for years, so investing in large quantities of a say a bullet that then goes out of fashion is a risky undertaking, the costs of which have to be spread over the sales as a whole. Then throw in exchange rates for good measure. Employ staff and your overheads rocket yet again. 20 shops in the uk selling 50k bullets a year will never be able to compete with a warehouse in brussels selling a million.

There are also stories circulating that even for the companies that import to the uk the manufacturers are insisting on ever greater minimum order quantities that they will ship, requiring ever greater amounts of capital tied up in stock that may take years to sell.

Around 80% of my consumables have come from within the uk, for the rest i’ve used brownells (when you could import from the US) and shootingsupplieseu as their service was superb ( though their stocks were always variable). 

So when if you have sufficient funds to purchase sufficient quantities to last a year or so you are faced with the opportunity of saving 25% ( and may well find there is no stock in the uk) most people are going to take the saving, it also introduces market forces into the market.

In the absence of being able to import as individuals, those choices are removed and the commercial importers will not be shy in using it to their advantage, it may well not be to make excessive profits more likely adding a couple of percent instead to the bottom line instead and turning “getting by” into a reasonable living.

20 hours ago, Re-Pete said:

OK, the best UK price I could find for 1000 6mm 105gr Scenars is £407 + shipping..................Ballisticservice24 price is £296-07 including shipping to the UK.

I rest my case..............

Pete

CDSG are currently selling those bullets for £43.50 per 100 and free shipping on orders over £50.

38 minutes ago, Artiglio said:

Why would the import duty be set at 8% for items from EU country when from the US its 2.7%?

In addition to the facebook post , i’ve also been told ( but not seen it in print) that the carriers are either refusing or placing greater restrictions on deliveries of shooting related goods, I asked about an order with reloading international this year and they now require you to use a freight agent this side as they say they are unable to use parcel force. With the current exchange rate , these additional costs  meant that to me the saving was not worth the investment.

The problem is that the UK market for shooting products is small, there are no domestic manufacturers and so just about all of it has to imported either by individuals or business, running a business in the UK is an expensive undertaking especially when you factor in capital tied up in stock that may sit there for years, so investing in large quantities of a say a bullet that then goes out of fashion is a risky undertaking, the costs of which have to be spread over the sales as a whole. Then throw in exchange rates for good measure. Employ staff and your overheads rocket yet again. 20 shops in the uk selling 50k bullets a year will never be able to compete with a warehouse in brussels selling a million.

There are also stories circulating that even for the companies that import to the uk the manufacturers are insisting on ever greater minimum order quantities that they will ship, requiring ever greater amounts of capital tied up in stock that may take years to sell.

Around 80% of my consumables have come from within the uk, for the rest i’ve used brownells (when you could import from the US) and shootingsupplieseu as their service was superb ( though their stocks were always variable). 

So when if you have sufficient funds to purchase sufficient quantities to last a year or so you are faced with the opportunity of saving 25% ( and may well find there is no stock in the uk) most people are going to take the saving, it also introduces market forces into the market.

In the absence of being able to import as individuals, those choices are removed and the commercial importers will not be shy in using it to their advantage, it may well not be to make excessive profits more likely adding a couple of percent instead to the bottom line instead and turning “getting by” into a reasonable living.

The 8% is what a certain importer / distributor will increase their prices by from what I been told by someone who works for them , I guess a lot will be extra admin work , banking etc , what a great excuse for them to ramp up prices :(