Courier for shipping rifle stock

Matthais_31

Hi All,

Quick question - I have recently sold a rifle stock online, but am coming up against difficulties finding any courier willing to ship it. Every courier I have looked at has some stipulation about not shipping firearms, which they seem to use as a blanket term for anything firearm related.

The reason I am concerned is that if the item goes missing/gets damaged and I seek to claim for loss /damage, the claim will be voided if the item is deemed to be restricted or prohibited. 

Any insight from anybody here would be greatly appreciated!

Just call it metal or wooden artwork if asked. That should cover the value you put on it as well.

Pete

Avoid any 'firearm' related terms.

I'd use 'sporting goods' - which afterall is quite true and accurate nomenclature.

I'd also agree with the point already made about sending it signed / tracked. Far less likely to go missing, plus enables you to keep an eye on it during transit for ease of mind.

Pretty sure Parcelforce will ship firearms, not that it is. Take to the post office make sure you get the extra insurance of the value I had one go missing with them once. Turned about 2 weeks later 

If its wood laminate or synthetic or even a metal chassis of some sort - if it came to it id say its for a film prop , or wooden furniture antique like its been mentioned , where is it going ? 

Archived