New Tikka from www.6mmbr.com

What were they thinking,

Of all the stocks to pick from. Yuck!!

Apparently this is a limited edition of 400 rifles for the US market only, a partnership between Beretta USA and McRee's - not to my taste, never did like the style of McRee's chassis systems.

Is it a different action to the t3 varmint ? Or have they just lobbed a t3 into that stock ? I bet it very heavy . Not for me but it will appeal to lots ...

This rifle is intended mainly for the Production Rifle class in the Precision Rifle Series Competitions.

The rules stipulate a maximunm price for the rifle of $2000,and $1000 for the optics.

No alterations from factory configuration are allowed.

It is the Tikka T3 Tactical compact rifle,with a Mcrees modular aluminum (US English)chasis,G10 folder woth MLOK,top/bottom rails and swivels,20+ moa rail,threaded 5/8 24,rear stock pack,and finished in grey cerakote. 2-4 lb adjustable trigger, 10 round magazine,in 260 and 308.

The Mcree/Tikka does cost considerably more than the Ruger PR ( $1400-1500) ;this may/not reflect the higher cost of the basic rifle (Tikka T3) and the need to stay within the $ rule limits,which must also restrict the choice of stock etc.

gbal

ps ...not at all comparable to either of the above,but the Ruger American Predator Rifle (hunting,6.5lb) in 6.5 Creedmoor is currently available for $360....

Archived