Hawke sidewinder

trazman

Iv got a few of hawkes scopes , varmint , airmax , frontier etc but no sidewinder , i think their quality is fairly good , glass is ok, tracking wise , iv only really ever dialled the frontier with target type turret , which tracked well and back to zero , there aimed more at the airgun range but would be ok for rimfire or even centre fire . But if id compare it to say my leupold or nxs it doesn't come close really . But thats my opinion , dont be put off by my comments , try it out . There pretty good . Atb tim.

It all depends what you want it for ??????

I've never had a problem with Hawke scopes on my air rifles and rimfires and IMHO Deben are good at their service support - should you ever need it !

Respect the fact it is not a Swaro, but neither is the price.

I have a Digi Night Eye that has been on my HMR since day one... No problems what so ever.

I did have the bigger Sidwinder on top of my .223 which I mainly target shoot with and wanted to dial in each shot.

I personally used to find that after a day winding it up and down, it would never be on zero the next time I got it out. I used to think, could be my crap shooting, or maybe on the up the hillside the scope is taking a good old bashing in the back of the Landrover?

I was constantly checking to see if my scope rings were loose...

Then my brother got a Sidewinder too... Same thing happened for him.

A short time later, I upgraded my scope to a Nightforce... Tracking and repeatability has not been an issue since! :-)

I bet there will be people on here tho, that will of had no issues with tracking on these scopes. Sometimes, it can just be luck of the drawer.

Good Luck.

That's a lot of money for a sidewinder.iirc I paid £300 for the 4-14.5x42 model a year or two ago in the UK.The ret goes on last light as its very thin. I did a square test on mine and it seemed to track.It's currently stuck on FAC air.I might move it to .22lr, but for anything more its leupys.As said internal quality maybe an issue.Glass wise not a bright as an early Bushnell Trophy I have here.

I had one a few years back on an air rifle, it tracked ok, glass was a alright in daytime at all mag levels, but poor in the eve, light gathering was not its best forte unless the lowest mag was used, it was like looking through a toilet roll tube though.

Anyone with experiences with this scopes?

I just got a Hawke Sidewinder 6,5-20x42 in for testing. I really wonder what a scope worth 519eur can do...

I've got a sidewinder on my rimmy, plenty good enough for that. I doubt it would be any good for longrange dialling as the turrets aren't very positive.

To be fair to the scope it gets clattered about a fair bit and still holds zero.

If you were buying one you certainly wouldn't want to be paying €519 for one!!! Think I paid around £160 new which is enough.

Have had one of these for five years on my 22-250, shot it out to range 700yards on said rifle, now sits on my 260 rem as I'm saving for a better glass scope. It has easily paid for itself I paid 280. It's the 3.5 to 24 or something along those lines. It has always tracked well usually a 1/4inch out sometimes but that good enough for a field zero. Shot all rots with it too. Glass is good for money and it's a nice ret. no complaints for the money I paid!!!! I keep thinking of making a bushing to go inside the taurine to make it feel more positive. Will get round to it one day,

I would buy a Vortex Viper PST though and put that money toward one. Much better scopes only problem is I hear they are now hard to get!!!

CZV

Archived