Bisley range hire

atlanticity

Gentleman and ladies i am trying to contact people who would be interested in sharing range hire costs over the coming months.The shooting days organised by the nra are only once a month .If we could get together and arrange more range time my summer would be better! Regards jonathan

You and any shooter would need to be full members of the NRA to enable this to work

I don't think that's correct. I am not an NRA member, but I was shooting at Bisley last week after a fellow club member (who probably is an NRA member) hired a range and a marker for us.

My club has done this many times before, and I've gone along on several occasions.

maximus otter

You have to be a member of the NRA to shoot as an individual but you don't if you're shooting with an affiliated club.

I confirmed this with the range office only las week.

I don't think that's correct. I am not an NRA member, but I was shooting at Bisley last week after a fellow club member (who probably is an NRA member) hired a range and a marker for us.

My club has done this many times before, and I've gone along on several occasions.

maximus otter

Then you broke the rules.

I am 100% sure on this, as I book a fair amount of range time at Bisley.

As stated by Brillo, you can shoot with a club on a club day, but private booking of lanes/markers requires all shooters to be members.

Mike

Then you broke the rules.

I am 100% sure on this, as I book a fair amount of range time at Bisley.

As stated by Brillo, you can shoot with a club on a club day, but private booking of lanes/markers requires all shooters to be members.

Mike

Correct, and only as a member of your own club, which must also be an official club booking

Gentleman and ladies i am trying to contact people who would be interested in sharing range hire costs over the coming months.The shooting days organised by the nra are only once a month .If we could get together and arrange more range time my summer would be better! Regards jonathan

I would be up for sharing a few days range hire, I am NRA member.

I've been doing this for some years now, and it's a great way to get affordable range time and make new friends.

However, it's your responsibility to ensure that all casual shooters who join you are full NRA members with a current shooters certificate for the class of firearm they're using.

Otherwise, there could be insurance issues.

It states on FAC's words to the effect that "adequate financial arrangements must be in place", so to shoot in a situation where you're not covered by an affiliated clubs, or the NRA's insurance may put you in breach of the conditions on your FAC.

This could be very painful if something goes wrong.................

H/man

I'm interested in sharing costs I'm a full NRA member one thing what distances and which targets were you going to shoot? I really need to shoot 600 and above on a F class target.,how ever happy to give it ago.

I shoot 1- 600 in the winter as it is cheaper but I would share with the appropriately authorised NRA members. You may also be aware that the NRA has stopped their markers doing private work which is a PITA because you do need somebody who knows what they are doing rather than some of the NRA markers. I mainly do tables and load development but would be happy to mark and share costs and shooting. My main day is Friday but I can do some Thursday afternoons. I am at Bisley during the week. Perhaps it is worth posting potential shooting days in advance.

We shoot at 600 and 1000yd F class targets roughly once a fortnight.............and you CAN hire your own marker privately.

Optimum no. of shooters per target is 3-5. That way, everybody gets 30-50 shots and the marker gets a break at halftime.

PM me if you want to set up your own group. If you do get started with just a couple of shooters, I can almost guarantee that it will snowball into a regular outing.

Mid-week is best, if you can get the time. We often have the place to ourselves.

Hauptman

There you go, Atlanticity...............six prospects already.

If you decide to hire a marker privately, PM me when you have a date.

Hauptman

Well guys I book range slots on a regular basis. I did have one. Coming up next week but it looks like I may have to cancel due to work. However I will book others and when I've confirmed them ill put them up on this thread.

Danny

Ok guys shall we try 23rd may sat pm 600 or 1000yrds with f class target depending on availability and markers.If markers not available we can mark 600 by ourselfs.So we must all be nra members with scoped rifle.I will check availlability on wednesday and book on thursday,ithink we will need three shooters to make this worthwhile regards atlantic city

Ok guys shall we try 23rd may sat pm 600 or 1000yrds with f class target depending on availability and markers.If markers not available we can mark 600 by ourselfs.So we must all be nra members with scoped rifle.I will check availlability on wednesday and book on thursday,ithink we will need three shooters to make this worthwhile regards atlantic city

Please go ahead with that booking but unfortunately I have a comp at Diggle that weekend.

That's the Phoenix weekend

Wessex have a guest day on the 30th at Bisley. 100, 300 AM and 900 PM. Message me if you are interested in coming. You have to be known by a Wessex member or an NRA member in your own right to shoot. So if you are neither message me the sooner the better so you can become 'known' ;) .

Archived