Shooting Show - March Scopes

Brillo

Sorry Guys, I can only speak for myself, but we were treated abysmally 2 years ago, by the show organisers

We paid 3 times what the big boys paid for stands 1/5 of the size!! in a cold and wet ex cattle shed

Apart from that it was Great :D

Mik

Sorry Guys, I can only speak for myself, but we were treated abysmally 2 years ago, by the show organisers

We paid 3 times what the big boys paid for stands 1/5 of the size!! in a cold and wet ex cattle shed

Apart from that it was Great :D

Mik

I remember us chatting at the end of the day Mik about it.

I have to say , I found it a poor experience, with an awful lot of tyre kickers.

Yes I remember it well Dave It wasnt the shooters , I met some lovely people and had some laughs.

I objected to paying 5 times more than RUAG did for a third of the space they had

Their Hall was like the NEC our corner was like a cattle shed, with no heating and a leaking roof

It was a poor and Expensive experience, I felt like a second class citizen. :)

I did speak to the organisers at the event and afterwards, i never heard anything from them untill

they were chasing us for our 2014 booking!!

Sadly it could be a great event

Thats terrible to hear, I attended 2 years ago and apart from the over crowding and long ques to get in, I really enjoyed it! Spent a small fortune and had planned on going again next year but since them lads won't be there, why waste my time!

Yes I remember it well Dave It wasnt the shooters , I met some lovely people and had some laughs.

I objected to paying 5 times more than RUAG did for a third of the space they had

Their Hall was like the NEC our corner was like a cattle shed, with no heating and a leaking roof

It was a poor and Expensive experience, I felt like a second class citizen. :)

I did speak to the organisers at the event and afterwards, i never heard anything from them untill

they were chasing us for our 2014 booking!!

Sadly it could be a great event

You are a second class citizen Mik. Do you actually have a British passport then???? :)

Oh great. I've forked out £68 quid for 4 of us to go and most of the people I wanted to see wont be there.

I think shows in general will die out. Too expensive to attend, apparently decisive price structuring for exhibitors and an ever increasing Internet awareness will kill them off. Shame really.

We did have a very good rapport with the original organiser of the Shooting Show - John Bertrand (who sadly died last year).

Unfortunately, his successors have failed to grasp that many exhibitors provide interest/entertainment with little chance of recouping any money - and thus should be given stand space for free.

I fear the Show will simply become a market place for clothing and the like and offer little for the accurate rifle enthusiast.

I remember the very first Newark Show - our Hall was stuffed with accurate rifles, comp guns, scopes and the like - as good as you would find at any gun show.

Myself and Joe cannot agree with these comments more, We are sharing a stand with John Carr this year, having fallen in love with his actions. Richard who we dealt with over the stand and costs was only interested in the money. We did notice last year some of the cheap, budget selling, Chinese crap type stands creeping in which was a real shame and expect many more this year. I have to say I think this show is doomed to go the same way as many gamefairs with stand after stand selling Chinese crap and it is all down to the greed of the show organisers. I think this will be our last year too.

What we really need is a small show with low overheads like the stalking shows that are popping up with stands from companies with products people want to see in the flesh perhaps how the shooting show started .

Seems to me you have two types of exhibitors, those that take stuff to sell and those that go to display.

The former stands a better chance of getting their money back, the latter hopes to pick up business later on.

With stands around £1100 or so and accommodation, fooding, beering, van rental and fuel, it's a hefty outlay only to attract a load of tyre kickers.

I've met quite a few other vendors who were very disappointed with the whole affair

What about this for an idea, have a show for accurate shooting disciplines ie f class and benchrest run it similar to the Phoenix show at Bisley, perhaps only one day Niel at the pavilion lays out the tables and charges very sensible fees so there is very little in the way of fancy stand setting up costs, Mikmak,Vince and Laurie could give lectures. Free entry saves on staffing costs. You could even have if possible come and try on one of the ranges for people with shooters safety certs. Just an idea.

What about this for an idea, have a show for accurate shooting disciplines ie f class and benchrest run it similar to the Phoenix show at Bisley, perhaps only one day Niel at the pavilion lays out the tables and charges very sensible fees so there is very little in the way of fancy stand setting up costs, Mikmak,Vince and Laurie could give lectures. Free entry saves on staffing costs. You could even have if possible come and try on one of the ranges for people with shooters safety certs. Just an idea.

How many people take part in "accurate shooting disciplines" in the UK?

I'm pretty sure the guy at the Pavilion is called Sean though

The nearest thing to that in the UK is the F-class European Championships at Bisley - over 200 accuracy-minded shooters all gathered together for a week... a captive audience!

The nearest thing to that in the UK is the F-class European Championships at Bisley - over 200 accuracy-minded shooters all gathered together for a week... a captive audience!

There's more than that at Bisley, F-Class is very popular but not everyone's cup of tea and there are other types of matches where accuracy is challenged as well. There is a match this year on the Saturday before the F-Class European Championships week that offers something different.

I cancelled my hotel for it, not only are the smaller companies not attending but 'big fish' are too. Seeing all the cheap knock off Chinese clothing stalls there last year was a sign of the times to come. I preferred it ar Neeark and the smaller shows will do well there if they stay close to their target market and realistic on price.

Archived