Shooting Show - March Scopes

Brillo

Glad to hear in advance that the main companies I want to see will not be there, as it's long haul from 3 hours north of the border to be sorely disappointed. .......

If there was a show for precision shooters in the north of England, that would be worth the travel and expense!

A marquee possibly at a range or indoor agricultural market ground - Better than a leaking cattle shed!

Sorry to Disappoint, but Mik is right, we got dripped upon and nearly blew our video display, also I dared to asked about a vacuum, I was I formed "those that were prepared brought their own" !!

Not paying a fortune to display quality optics in a cowshed.

If anybody in the Midlands or North of England would like to View a March without making the journey South, Mik@ Dolphin has some in Stock and Stuart(osprey) has a Demo at Diggle, both are authorised re-sellers.

If anybody fancies a trip to Germany we will be there.

Also Des is right the Euros at Bisley in the Summer has a trade tent, we will be there with Demo scopes as well as quite a few other companies.

I'm hoping those experiences are a thing of the past as I've jumped in with both feet to have a stand there this year.

I will be sharing with another company so at least the costs are shared somewhat. The overall cost to exhibit, even for a small stand is into the multiple 000's though.

There will be a "first timer's experience" write up after the show!

From a punter's point of view, I thought last year's was great. It was in the summer though which negated any leaking roofs.

It was a great way of finding out that certain things actually existed and even if I didn't buy there and then, I took loads of flyers and have since bought many things based on those.

I doubt many exhibitors at any type of show make an immediate profit but I bet their sales take an upward turn that they wouldn't have without the show.

I'll definitely stop by the black rifles stand as I'm always in the market for some AR curtains and doilies.

IT wasnt during the summer last year its always feb and last year there was that which promotes growth and vigour loads of snow on the ground

I doubt many exhibitors at any type of show make an immediate profit but I bet their sales take an upward turn that they wouldn't have without the show.

I do not think anyone is questioning the advantages of doing trade shows, we do this in my company and the costs, especially in the US with teamster rules, is expensive.

I think people who are in the trade are pointing out that it is both dispropotionally expensive unless you are 'name' and the assiciated setvice for your costs is poor.

If it was better more trade folks would go.

Remember the likes of RAUG etc. can simple up thier prices to cover costs as they have a monopoly on product line or firearms people want to recoupe exhibitions and advertising in magazines etc.

T

Archived