223 barrel recommendations

Had good experiences with Pacnor and Shillen... Obviously they seem to be like rockin horse manure at the moment.

Both Lother Walther and Bergarra make good tubes at good prices and availability seems much better.

I'm having a LW fitted at moment.

Good luck with choice

S

I have Border, Pacnor, Bergara , and shilen in .224 cal in stock at the moment. No one makes a bad barrel these days really. Go with what you can get. A more important factor is getting the twist rate and chamber type right for what you want to do.

I've some bad experiences with fast twist LW barrels.

Have you considered Armalon barrels?

Not a cool/posh enough name for the masses on here.

It has to be a lot cooler/foreign than what is already available here.

Fact, if it isn't good enough for F class then it isn't good enough

Never mind the fact that Mr Sarony is a better engineer and gun plumber than most on here, he doesn't have the cool factor, so some t...wat from buttf...uckl WI has garnered a name for himself cos his barrel once won a local 100yd match on a Sunday in April when the wind was blowing right says it all.

Buy foreign every time, British products suck

Yep,

One I forgot from my list for no reason Mark. I,ve just finished the last 5 chrome moly barrels from Peter and will definatly have some more, they are excellent quality and the bore finish has to be seen to be believed.

His turnaround rate is a whole lot faster than anywhere else too.

Got a border on my ppc and tru flight on my 243, can't fault either!

Like baldie says twist is the thing!1-9 or 1-8 should spit pretty much anything you want...

I'm into heavy bullets with good bc! Velocity doesn't really concern me...

I did have a bad experience with a lother barrel tho.. Might just have been unlucky.

I've some bad experiences with fast twist LW barrels.

Have you considered Armalon barrels?

Hmm , me too , i dont wanna slag off walther . But <_< my 8 twist was rubbish , my std remmy was more accurate than the custom walther , iv now got a krieger which is superb .

Walther will send you prices if you enquire through their website. I have one in 6BR that's been around the galaxy, and it still shoots 1/2 MOA.

H/man

Archived