Mendip Quarry Challenge Spring 2014 - Cancelled

oaken

This was the comment of one after posts on the site about the noise issue and the venue being closed

Glad to see he was really heart broken. !!! Numpty who obviously really clued up with the bigger picture , great pity :-( , that's not to

Tarnish all with the same brush but regrets and sadness as to the disruption to every one else were very limited !

" Lets get back to some positive comments shall we - looks like the Bristol Boys, Sheild came a very close second on the big team stage! YIPPEE "

Saddened that we share similar interests I'm afraid :-(

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's very decent of you guys. I will put in the same for H4H.

Mqc ticket costs have been kept to the absolute minimum hence funds are currently running at zero after investment in some new gear for 2014. Sadly, unless we find another venue you will not get to see the new toys. This years shoots were going to fund a new set of gongs and a couple of hostage targets.

The PSGers do seem to be making light of the situation but then I guess it's not so difficult to find another venue to let off a few shotgun carts.

Thanks all for your commiserations, fear not, we have already started the search :-)

Rup

Rupe

This just plain sucks! How many times have 'we' shot there, no problem?

Did the landowner know how many shots were going to be fired un suppressed? Nice one Frome! - any other venues you going to mess up ?

Sorry to see your efforts to date wasted Rupe, was for a good cause too.

Terry

Put my money in the MQC/H4H pot, Rup.

Good luck finding a new location.

Ben

Gutted to here that Rup, I hope after the dust has settled you might be able to sort something out

Thanks Ben, appreciated.

Terry. Yes it is a shame but by no means wasted. We have had some good times and learned a great deal. We also have the gear to set up for another shoot if and when we find a venue.

My biggest regret is not getting to see (or shoot) the moving target contraption that Walkabout has created. Eek!

Posted on the PSG forum linked by Mark B Re: FDPC & F4i PSG Team Challenge

icon_post_target.gifby Neil Brooklyn » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:25 pm

Wow, well that was an experience. I have just sat down after another full on day clearing up and packing away all the kit in to a 20' container. Believe it or not there is still room in there even with 28 barrels in there icon_e_surprised.gif

First I must address the noise and access issues.

I am very sorry to hear that another group of users will not be able to use the venue for their event.

The facts are these. Yes the local police attended on Saturday. They popped in, as in their words "we have received a malicious noise complaint" The police officer was happy and left without a problem.

The landowner is currently applying for planning permission to tip clean waste in the quarry to raise the floor level and then get a grass surface in there as he is fed up with being everyone elses sump. Some of the local residents are opposing this and will probably oppose anything. As an aside the owners were telling me today how someone had anonimously tipped off the Enviroment Agency accusing them of pumping out the the quarry about 4 weeks ago. So the Environment Agency attended and could see how the water level had just reached the spill point but then invoiced the land owner for attending icon_eek.gif

Talking with the owners today they are of the opinion that the still weather didn't help with the noise either. They are very apologetic to do this to us and any other groups of shooters but with the outstanding planning application due to be reviewed by the council in three months time they feel it's for the best if shoots are put on hold until the outcome of the planing is known.

Gutted to here that Rup, I hope after the dust has settled you might be able to sort something out

The complaints made to both the police and the landowner were not petty anonymous whinges, they were open and direct from local residents. As long as PSG goes on at the quarry we will not have any security, in fact the noise that we make in the quarry, though considerably less, will also come under scrutiny and I am reluctant to commit to anything under those circumstances. Also, I don't doubt that the PSG is far more lucrative for the landowner than our little group. So no, I think this is our cue to find a better site.

Absolutely gutted :mad: .

I can't believe the PSG guys are so callous in their comments either. Paraphrasing but “let’s get back to some back slapping about how good our comp was”. Yes noise was always going to be an issue which is why we insisted in sound mods, calibre limit and keeping the round count sensible. I wish they had taken similar measures.

As Rup and Pete have already said the search has begun for a new venue. If anyone else manages to find out in the meantime, I will gladly help with any set up we already have the targets, including some new toys. We had a good CoF this time, it would be a shame not to let everyone endure enjoy it :D .

MQC may be finished for a while but the comp shall go on!

leave my money in the pot rup , either use it for any future event or give it to H4H , consider it a thanks for all your hard work for the fun I've had so far ?

Anybody in the edited ? Apparently 'edited' is worth an ask.

Shhhhhh, don't post that here,

The shotgunners will get wind of it and then go and f**k that place up as well!

That's what they do you know

Bradders, you may have a point there!

Thanks Russ

Thanks Ewen - Donation to H4H received from Deserttech on 1st April. :-p

That makes H4H donation £190.

Gutted !! my help is always on hand to those who wish to further this activity all is not lost !

Wheels are in motion fingers crossed :)

Thanks everyone for your support through out these events

I have issued my demands

The very least they could do is match MQC's donation to charity, go on UKV and apologize to the members, find them a new place to shoot, keep away from Bisley for ever, stop their petty vindictive bickering, disown every shotgunner that was ever called Neil (there's at least 4 of them that f**k it up for everyone) and get a grip on shooting reality and realize there's more to it than blatting away at an old baked bean tin at arms length on any old scrappy piece of land that even a Pikey wouldn't camp on, and accept at least part of the blame rather than claiming it's happening everywhere and it's the nasty noise sensitive neighbours fault rather than the Harbingers of Boom!

I have issued my demands

The very least they could do is match MQC's donation to charity, go on UKV and apologize to the members, find them a new place to shoot, keep away from Bisley for ever, stop their petty vindictive bickering, disown every shotgunner that was ever called Neil (there's at least 4 of them that f**k it up for everyone) and get a grip on shooting reality and realize there's more to it than blatting away at an old baked bean tin at arms length on any old scrappy piece of land that even a Pikey wouldn't camp on, and accept at least part of the blame rather than claiming it's happening everywhere and it's the nasty noise sensitive neighbours fault rather than the Harbingers of Boom!

C'mon bradders don't sugar coat it !

Here's the vid of the strange ones, for the guys who've shot with us, I'm sure you'll appreciate the difference in rate of fire. No wonder the locals are fed up.

http://www.four4islands.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1938

Im not sure i get what they are doing? Looks like it might be fun, for a minute or so.. Pretty slow on the reload some of them boys, wouldnt want them on my team

Im not sure i get what they are doing? Looks like it might be fun, for a minute or so.. Pretty slow on the reload some of them boys, wouldnt want them on my team

I've been there and done it and now have a much more interesting and exciting hobby.....plaiting my arsehairs

I have issued my demands

Don't be soft on them bradders, I know your a big softy, give them both barrels, or at least ten shots from a semi ;)

I've been there and done it and now have a much more interesting and exciting hobby.....plaiting my arsehairs

Thanks mate I just needed a good gut laugh :-D

It does puzzle me. It's 'tactical' ..but in a way that would suit the Judean People's Front Crack Suicide Squad.

I tried PSG once, but couldn't fight the urge to dart about and to get small and behind cover to shoot and to reload; seems the technique is to walk slowly in full view of the targetry and make no use of cover. The thing is won and lost, not on shooting ability ("old baked bean tins at arms length" :lol: ) , but the ability to re-stoke a pump with ammo. Not sure I understand. :unsure:

Archived