Mendip Quarry Challenge Spring 2014 - Cancelled

oaken

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now you are just being nasty!!! I will bring the punt-gun and a bag of nails as shot! Can't miss! (probably)

Now you are just being nasty!!! I will bring the punt-gun and a bag of nails as shot! Can't miss! (probably)

You can only use 10 nails though!

I am NOT playing the part of Somali pirate around you lot!

Only the small one!

I was thinking 50 cal off the bow and stern! :D

Punt gun, doh!

A quick note to those that plan to stay over on Friday and/or Saturday night.

If you have a lamp or night vision, bring it along.

Skany has loaned a few bits and pieces from his T20 LudicrousLumens range to play with including his infra red emitter. Be great to do some comparisons.

I have also been offered the loan of a lamping practise target that consists of a fox shape with cats eyes that blink when you hit it. Rimfire only!

Should be fun :-) and something to do after we have eaten Rich's marinated venison leg. Btw bring food, there will not enough to go round.

Rup

With Quarry day rapidly approaching, there are a few who have not yet paid the entry fee.

If funds have not been recieved by midday Saturday 22nd March, your places will be made available to others!

Cheers

Rup

.......all sorted now. Thankyou.

• 2 weeks later...

The Quarry shoot is off!

Thanks to complaining neighbours the quarry will have no shooting activities for the foreseeable future!

Last weekend saw the police called out to a practical shotgun competition in the Quarry in response to complaints about gunfire. (Edited)

I did wonder when the landowner allowed the local club in there for PSG when we all knew noise was potentially an issue.

I will sort out refunds for everyone over the next few days. Sorry guys.

Now, we need to take this forward if at all possible.

Several of you have mentioned that you have a potential site or a landowner to ask for a similar venue. Now is the time to make it happen!

I am happy to set up the Targetry anywhere within 2 hours drive of Wiltshire and I'm sure Pete, Rich & Aaron will muck in too.

We can't let this just fizzle out especially now that we have set a precident with the 5 Mendip Quarry Challenges that have run so smoothly.

Again my apologies, but that which promotes growth and vigour happens!

Rup

Mat, could you or one of the moderators change the thread heading to include CANCELED so it is obvious to all. Thanks.

That's a real shame I was looking forward to my first one. I've been asking all the farmers here already and all I get is its noisy, so I know how you feel. Lets hope we can find somewhere else.

Archived